Different Tunings Midsong: What's A Workaround?

IceTF

Question

Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

Recently I've been working on charting a song that's in drop D. There's three different guitarists, the latter of the which shows up for a solo in the end. I've been working on putting the "main" parts of each of the guitars all into one tab so that people playing will get the full experience of all of the solos. However, in the last solo, he's tuned in Eb Standard.

Is there some way I can change the tab around, or change some sort of settings in EoF to help adapt for this? I admittedly don't know that much about guitars, or tuning for that matter, so I apologize in advance if it's a dumb question. 

I also have GP6 if there's anything I can do in there to fix this problem.

4 answers to this question

@@IceTF - Well, how much does the solo need to be in Eb? Every note that's playable in Eb tuning is playable in drop D, so the only real problem should be is if there are parts of the solo that pedal off of the open strings. Are there? If so, you'll probably need to be pretty creative to get it to work. If not, you could just load the solo onto a different track, change the tuning of that track in EoF, and then copy it into the track you want to be the lead path.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@IceTF - Well, how much does the solo need to be in Eb? Every note that's playable in Eb tuning is playable in drop D, so the only real problem should be is if there are parts of the solo that pedal off of the open strings. Are there? If so, you'll probably need to be pretty creative to get it to work. If not, you could just load the solo onto a different track, change the tuning of that track in EoF, and then copy it into the track you want to be the lead path.

Given how little I know about guitar (and I really ought to know more by now), I couldn't tell you if any are pedaled off. THe most I could do is send you the gpx or gp5 file on over, or alternatively I could just take a screenshot if anyone could spare the time.

'Till then I could probably do the latter of your suggestions, assuming it wouldn't be disastrous.