Edit a .psarc in EOF?

Xaphist

I am wondering how to 'reverse' a .psarc back to a file editable by EOF.

Basically, I was forced to wipe my computer and lost everything on a song I've put a ton of time into -- except for a .psarc of it I had shared with a friend before I was done with it. How can I take that psarc file and turn it back into something I can edit in EOF??

I of course googled this and found https://www.reddit.com/r/CustomsForge/comments/3axxce/how_to_quickly_edit_cdlc/     

But that method didn't work for me (couldnt find the OGG or the XML in the unpacked folder, and the option to import rocksmith is greyed out in EOF).

Any help is very appreciated!

EOF can't import a .psarc file, you need to determine why the toolkit isn't extracting it for you. To rule out a permissions issue, make sure you're not extracting to a location protected by Windows (ie. the root of the C: drive or in either of the Program Files folders). C:\temp would be an easy enough place to try. Then in EOF, if you already have a project open, you have to change to one of the real guitar tracks (the one you want to import into) before using the Rocksmith import function.

• Like 1

@@Xaphist, Open RS Toolkit, then import psarc by clicking import package. select folder to store the files, not navigate to that folder and you'll got project-like structure(2 folders eof and kit plus dlc.xml file you could load in RS Toolkit to quickly change information and generate w\o adding manually all the info again) so all you need is open EOF, create new song project, select guitar.ogg (or whatever, except _preview one)  switch EOF track type to any PRO_ type like Pro Bass then import rs xml.

so you've got your source files back, kinda :)

• Like 1

Okay so you're a beautiful saint with a glowing personality and I love you, but this didn't work for me! So I did everything and the song loads with the beat anchors in place but no notes!!

But I tried it with a normal DLC and it worked just fine! So I'm hoping my file isn't corrupted...

Maybe you can try it? Here's the file:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ma4bqw6dcnk4crb/Umphreys-Mcgee_Words_v_p.psarc

@@Alex360

Okay so I actually found a work around for this. It imported my time markers (this was a live, 10 min long song so those took FOREVER), and then imported my guitar pro file over that!!! Worked like a charm!

I suspect that file may be corrupted because it doesn't load correctly in Rocksmith and the markers aren't working, but thank you so much for your help!

I'm sure others may find this thread useful too.

Thanks!

I unpacked your file and imported the XML. 1015 notes and 47 tech notes were imported. Something to watch out for when importing a Rocksmith file is that the notes don't just import into the current track difficulty. This chart only has one difficulty, so they imported into the lowest difficulty number (0).