I Believe In A Thing Called Reason

civilianemail

Question

This website does not host Official DLC. Gotcha. This becomes something of a problem given that the song I Believe In A Thing Called Love by The Darkness is an official DLC yet cannot, in fact, be purchased and played on the PC.

I've paid my money for the song on PS3. And I'd pay the money again on PC if I had to. But I couldn't support Ubisoft hard enough with my wallet to play this song if I wanted to. Since I'm unable to purchase the song, shouldn't it be available as CDLC? Even if it's only the PC version(which is the only one I care for).

This seems like an oversight to me. One I hope gets fixed sooner rather than later. Though I have noticed a few requests for the song being "Completed" and apparently shut down. Can an admin fill me in on what's going on here? Can I really never be allowed to play this song I've already paid for? And no, buying a new console after my old one has broken down is not an acceptable fix.

Let's be reasonable and make this song available for download.

"Plus that one boiling toilet."

7 answers to this question

This isn't actually helpful to me. I'm downloading a pirated version of this song elsewhere as we speak, which is what I assume was done here because the song can't be bought on steam. So posting this video of a person playing the song on PC without any accompanying exposition hasn't done myself, or anyone else sharing my concerns, any good.

Edit: added missing punctuation.

"Plus that one boiling toilet."

• Administrator

@@civilianemail We can't legally offer alternative to DLC that have been removed from stores due to licensing issue.

It was available once but isn't anymore, if you want more detail you should ask Ubisoft support directly as we don't handle/see any of the legal discussion between right holders and Ubisoft and have the same amount of information as you do. (https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/4edpu2/the_darkness_i_believe_in_a_thing_called_love/)

It's sad but we can't do anything without putting ourself in a really bad position towards Ubisoft.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

@@civilianemail The last piece of official information about this song is available here : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/948107-The-Darkness-I-Believe-in-an-Thing-Called-Love-DLC?s=d61b1dcf168af44a3129cc33036f30ac&p=11522766&viewfull=1#post11522766

Your best chance is to poke Ubisoft or steam support to see if they can move things along or if the song is definitely lost for steam.

Note that the song seems to still be available as part of a pack for Xbox and PS but even then, if we offer the PC file, people could convert it to other platform and avoid paying for official content, which is something we can't afford to do (unless you want us to go down for serious legal issue with Ubisoft)...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

@@civilianemail Good news, the Rock singles pack that include I Believe In A Thing Called Love, Black Betty and Ballroom Blitz is back on steam : http://store.steampowered.com/app/294600/

The song alone isn't back though but it's already better than before.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography