Chordify Testing

Chlipouni

So I've had another look at the examples of Post 21 where I tested all techniques and then reran it with the latest Hotfix 06-25-2016 Beta. It turns out that the discrepancies between EoF 06-25-2016Beta and the proposed logic are the same as what we discussed yesterday.

Should:

<chord note> linkNext =1 always

Is:

Hotfix 06-25-2016Beta sets it to 0 except for a Pull Off at 49sec where EoF did export with 1, interestingly.

Here is the folder with all files again in case it helps you find the issue. The tests of interest start at around 37s in each notes.eof file since before that time, are examples from a previous test I ran.

Should:

<chord note> sustain = 0.001 always

Is:

Hotfix 06-25-2016Beta sets it to the entire duration of the intended sustain but which the single note's sustain tag should instead take of this.

Sounds like we're almost there.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

I think I've got those last four numbered changes made in this beta hotfix:

Makes proposed changes to the chordify mechanism: Now every note in an affected chord is exported as single notes, regardless of whether that note has technique or sustain. If a note in an affected chord has a tech note at the chord's start position, the applicable single note tag is allowed to be offset by 1ms like other single notes for that chord, and the tech note's statuses are exported properly. If a tech note at an affected chord's start position has stop (suppressing sustain for a note in a chord that has sustain status applied) or bend status (pre-bend), the applicable single note is NOT offset by 1ms because those statuses' defined positions must remain as they are authored. The chordnote tags for an affected chord now always export with linknext enabled and with a sustain of 1ms. The logic that determines whether an affected chord's chord tag exports with linknext (any non open string contains ho, po, string mute, harmonic, pinch harmonic, tap, slap, pop or accent technique) has been corrected. Now, if accent status is applied to any open note in an affected chord, the chord tag for it exports without linknext status.

http://ignition.customsforge.com/eof/download/124

Give it a try and let me know if this finishes all the changes you found were needed.

• Like 1

OK I had a quick look, using Notepad++ compare plugin, the modded (proposed) logic  XML versus the EoF Hotfix 06-29-2016 export.

Everything exports perfectly with only one exception, the 2nd IF statement  techniques (no technique, bend, pitched/unpirtched slide, (tremolo and arpeggio presumed for now) are exporting with <chordtime linkNext = 0> whereas it should be <chordtime linkNext = 0> per the proposed logic (If statements from Post 37).

Have a look at the XML's and notes.eof for those 2nd IF statement techniques.

In question 3 from Post 44, the unsustained  Chordified chord with Palm Mute exports with <chord time linkNext = 0> but it should be  <chord time linkNext = 1>. It is at 20.5sec. The back to back XML comparison files and notes.eof can be found here.

In question 4 from Post 46, the chordified chords with Palm Mutes:

are as follows:

<chord time="35.000" linkNext="1" ...>

<chord time="39.000" linkNext="1" ...>

should be as follows:

<chord time="35.000" linkNext="0" ...>

<chord time="39.000" linkNext="0" ...>

since PM is a 1st IF statement  (note head altering technique) technique on a non-open note.

Here are the notes.eof files and XML's.

I wouldn't bother examining all the "notepad++ compare plugin" differences between modded and Beta XML's  in all the above links because lot's of the differences are because you new Hotfix Beta logic improved upon my initial modded XML's. I've summarized the only differences that matter and that need your attention.

Cheers. Back to tutorial writing shortly. :)

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Everything exports perfectly with only one exception, the 2nd IF statement techniques (no technique, bend, pitched/unpirtched slide, (tremolo and arpeggio presumed for now) are exporting with whereas it should be per the proposed logic (If statements from Post 37).

I'm not understanding what the issue is. When I look at your vibrato/slide/bend example EOF and XML files, your XML and the XML EOF spit out for some of the chords that have bend and slide reflect that the chord tag's linknext attribute was enabled. Could you cite some specific chords (timestamps) in the project that are exporting wrong, and the corrected XML for those chords (or make a more simplified test file with just one or two chords)?

In question 3 from Post 44, the unsustained Chordified chord with Palm Mute exports with but it should be . It is at 20.5sec.

I can't reproduce this, when I open and save your EOF project, this is what EOF exports to XML for that chord:

<chord time="20.500" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="20.500" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>

are as follows:

should be as follows:

EOF didn't yet include palm mute in that check, but it does now. Those chords will now export as follows:

<chord time="35.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="35.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>

<chord time="39.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="39.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>

Everything exports perfectly with only one exception, the 2nd IF statement techniques (no technique, bend, pitched/unpirtched slide, (tremolo and arpeggio presumed for now) are exporting with <chordtime linkNext = 0> whereas it should be <chordtime linkNext = 0> per the proposed logic (If statements from Post 37).

I'm not understanding what the issue is. When I look at your vibrato/slide/bend example EOF and XML files, your XML and the XML EOF spit out for some of the chords that have bend and slide reflect that the chord tag's linknext attribute was enabled. Could you cite some specific chords (timestamps) in the project that are exporting wrong, and the corrected XML for those chords (or make a more simplified test file with just one or two chords)?

Actually, I'm sorry, I goofed here. the EoF Hotfix 06-29-2016 Beta export is perfect, with:

<chord time linkNext = 1> & <chord time linkNext =1> for the following techniques: vibrato,  bends, pitched slides and unpitched slides, (assumed tremolo, arpeggio).

No action on you.

In question 3 from Post 44, the unsustained Chordified chord with Palm Mute exports with <chord time linkNext = 0> but it should be <chord time linkNext = 1>. It is at 20.5sec.

I can't reproduce this, when I open and save your EOF project, this is what EOF exports to XML for that chord:

<chord time="20.500" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="2" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">

<chordNote time="20.500" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

</chord>

Boy, I don't do drugs but I might as well have, I goofed again since I inadvertently got the numbers switched around . So sorry. I should have said the following:

"In question 3 from Post 44, the unsustained Chordified chord with Palm Mute exports with <chord time linkNext = 1> but it should be <chord time linkNext = 0>. It is at 20.5sec."

Since it is a palm mute on a non-open string of a chordified chord, it follows the 1st IF statement logic: <chord time linkNext = 0>

I believe it is the same problem as, Question 4 from Post 46, below which you seem to have corrected.

are as follows:

<chord time="35.000" linkNext="1" ...>

<chord time="39.000" linkNext="1" ...>

should be as follows:

<chord time="35.000" linkNext="0" ...>

<chord time="39.000" linkNext="0" ...>

EOF didn't yet include palm mute in that check, but it does now. Those chords will now export as follows:

<chord time="35.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">

<chordNote time="35.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

</chord>

<chord time="39.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="1" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">

<chordNote time="39.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>

</chord>

OK. Sounds great!

Given you've fixed that palm mute (presumably for sustained and unsustained  pm'd chordified chords) export, I would say the Hotfix 06-29-2016 Beta, with respect to chordify, is ready for official release.

I will now create a test XML and notes.eof for chlipouni to better examine required changes for DDC. Then I'll resume writing that tutorial.

Thanks raynebc. This has been a vigourous mental exercise. :)

Perfect! I've re-ran all the notes.eof ( Question 3, Question 4, All techniques (4 notes.eof) files) and all of them export as expected.

You've done a great job!! Thanks!

All this from a small little question in 2014 from mrmaton who no longer frequents the site..... hahahaha.

But this is good stuff and allows cools sounds. Well worth it.

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @@Chlipouni,

As requested I am posting here 1 EOF project file (notes.eof file) and the corresponding exporting PART REAL_GUITAR_RS2.xml, exported with the current July2,2016 Hotfix,  for the purposes of having all the techniques and permutations tested so far with chordify in one file, to enable you to ensure DDC can (or will be able to) handle all the various chordify authorings.

The files are ready and I expect no problem since raynebc and I have weeded out all the bugs but I'll have a closer look tomorrow morning at the exported XML to ensure you aren't working on any faulty export.

Here are the files

Just to summarize logic of chordify with various techniques, I have updated the IF Statement to capture all the exceptions, as follows:

IF (chordify AND (OPEN NOTES CONTAIN ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic OR tap OR slap or pluck))THEN

use chlipouni method  PLUS

chordtime LinkNext = 1

chordNote LinkNext = 1

ELSEIF (chordify AND (OPEN NOTES CONTAIN accent))THEN

chordtime LinkNext = 0

chordNote LinkNext = 1

ELSEIF (chordify AND (ONLY FRETTED NOTES CONTAIN ho OR po OR fret hand mute OR harmonic OR pinch harmonic OR tap OR slap or pluck OR accent))THEN

chordtime LinkNext = 0

chordNote LinkNext = 1

ELSEIF (Chordify AND (no technique OR vibrato OR bends that aren't pre-bends OR pitched slides OR unpitched slides OR tremolo OR arpgeggio))THEN

chordtime LinkNext = 1

chordNote LinkNext = 1

ELSEIF (Chordify AND (pre-bends)THEN

chordtime LinkNext = 0   

chordNote LinkNext = 1 (can't bend an open note so moot)

high density = 1

ENDIF

Thanks again for your willingness to look into adapting DDC with this new EoF functionality!

• 2 weeks later...

@@Berneer,

I am working on DDC v3.1 in order to support the chordify technics.

For now, I have just fixed a few bugs about the sustains of notes.

Here is the DDC file of your "chordify" EOF project : DDC_chordify.xml

I can't test it in RS2014 (because I don't have any guitar in my summer place). Can you give it a try ?

Thank you

Hi @@Chlipouni,

So before heading off on a family trip in a couple of days I wanted to at minimum get you the in-game footage resulting from your above DDC outputted XML. I've confirmed that the transcription track  in the DDc output XML is identical to the pre-DDC file I provided you.

As expected DDC created some extra chord templates always with fret5=0 and in the case of C#dim and G6 it even set figer5=-1.

I didn't have time yet to examine your XML much yet but hopefully tonight or tomorrow  I'll have some time to supplement this post with remarks for each sequence as to whether I believe the ramping from one level to the next lower level is ideal or not. Questions. Proposals. Etc.

Progress on chordify tutorial has been slow in July but I expect to pick up the pace by mid-August. Running a soccer league makes my summers pretty crazy...

For now here are 4 videos. They are 933x700 (4:3) custom resolution but I seem able to select the 720p option in YouTube. I'm quite annoyed: they are putting ads on my videos. I even have that revolting stuff ticked off in the advanced publishing settings... Looks like it is soon time for me to migrate away from YouTube...

1) EoF authoring

2) HOPO examples with chordify

Remarks:

1. Some difficulties exist that are less difficult than shown but they are simply the ramping down of DDC-category, which is predictable enough to not be worthwhile to video capture.

3) fret hand mute / harmonic / pinch harmonic / tap / slap / pluck / accent

Remarks: Later

4) vibrato / bends / pitched slides / unpitched slides

Remarks: Later

• 1 month later...

So summer is soon coming to a close and soon my hectic schedule will slow down for me to finish this tutorial, finally!!

One little thing, I am 50% done making my latest Blaze Bayley (former Iron Maiden singer) Stare At the Sun custom, for which Blaze Bayley sent me the tabs himself and was enthusiastic of me making a CDLC of his song!! I can't believe I have his personal e-mail address. :)  I meant to finish this long ago and even to send Blaze himself a community video of people playing the CDLC of his masterpiece song before he arrives on tour to my home town of Montreal.... but then Chordify came up and ended up being a little project requiring massive robustness testing ... :)

Now, I just noticed this morning, Blaze is coming to Montreal on tour earlier than expected on September 24 and that leaves me 19 days to complete the custom, gather some playthroughs and send it to him. For me that is very, very tight as I do endless honing and testing and spend infinite hours concocting the right tones. Blaze is coming to a small venue so I was hoping to chat with him too and not do so in an apologetic manner... :) ..... I'm already often apologizing to @PC Plum all the time for being so late with the custom.... LOL

All this to say, I hope you guys don't mind too much if I only resume creating the Chordify tutorial in October for a probable November release after I hopefully release the custom by Sept 24. (Yikes!) But to honour all the hard work by @@Chlipouni and @@raynebc on chordify I am willing to get busy on chordify tutorial for the community's benefit telling Blaze I'm sorry I got side-tracked on a community project and will finish his custom later..... I told him in November 2015 I should be done by January 2016.... yay.... Gotta love being so starved for free time.

Cheers guys.

P.S. I've written some hand-written notes of comments I'll make to @@Chlipouni regarding the previous two posts regarding DDC. I just need to do a bit more homework before posting my comments.

• 3 weeks later...

Warning: Not as daunting a read as it appears. You'll see when you read.

I notice @@Chlipouni you are currently making revisions to DDC, so I figured that even though I only have some preliminary notes, I might as well summarize things I have already noted in case it helps since all our communications is a bit much to re-read so I thought I'd do that for you.

Summary of Robustness Testing DDC and Chordify (EoF Post 1574, March 9):

Link to Robustness test 8

• Conclusion 1: Transcription track rightfully maintains high density = "1" but DDC adds new lower level chords with high-density = 0 which introduces in lower levels the open-string visual glitch --> I'm now thinking the new chlipouni-inspired construct of chordify might do away with this issue by virtue of open string chord-notes being added in chordify construct.
  • Conclusion 2 & 10: Non elimination of superimposing single notes giving appearance of  of chords not levelling down though they do. --> chlipouni says he can modify these by deducting chordid from the chord tag at the same position.
  • Conclusion 4: Redundant single notes when chord becomes note in MaxChrdStr = 1 level --> No big deal
  • Conclusions 5 & 6: Obsolete conclusions due to "handshape -1 dummy chords" no longer being considered but ensure chosen chordify construct behaves appropriately in a handshape as well as  not in a handshape. --> I can keep an eye out.
    • Ex: Handshape beginning timestamp shifting, or just 1st chord in handshape levelling differently than other chords in the handshape.
  • Conclusion 7: Lowest pitch string of chord is always the one maintained last in lower difficulties --> chlipouni says he keeps the chord's base note in the lowest difficulties.
  • Conclusion 8.2: DDC seems to split the handshape in higher difficulties, cutting them 4ms short. --> OK
  • Conclusion 9: Is standard ramp-up model ideal for chordify? Maybe multiple lines with only MAX CHORD STR increasing by 1 while category and sub-category remain unchanged? --> I can examine later.
  • Conclusion 11: Is scoring ok  with newer DDC and chordify? --> I can test later. This test showed behaviour is in-line with normal DD behaviour.
  • Note to self: superimposing single notes are needed  for high density chords or chord with sustained notes.
  • Note to self: redo Robustness Test 8 with a follow-up version of DDC since initial test only contained 3 (or more) string chords, and really I should also test 2-stringed chords.

Summary of Follow-up Discussions between Berneer and Chlipouni:

• June 12 e-mail exchange with chlipouni:
    • see Image DDC3.0 behaviour_take2.png
      • HOPO chordify example: e10 note tail only extends till HO even though transcription track maintains full sustain duration --> chlipouni says he can make DC avoid shortening e10 sustain
      • Would it be more natural if longer sustaining e10  were maintained at lower levels --> chlipouni says DDC keeps the fundamental note, but then my question is how does DDC know which chord is being played? For example an e10 note and B12 note, which are D and B respectively, can form a D6 or Bminor  chord. So D is fundamental if observing the D6 chord and B is fundamental in a Bminor chord.
      • Handshape marking and fingering  starts later when ramping down --> Strange behaviour
      • Handshape and No Handshape ramp down difference: No handshape maintains B-string notes, despite being in MaxChordStr=1 AND why are there HO & PO on 2 strings though no double stop on initial chord. --> I believe this is due to non-elimination of superimposing single notes which you said in response to Conclusion 2 of Robustness testing.
      • see image: "Show error message to chlipouni"
        • error message with Palm Mute --> Strange behaviour
  • June 15 chlipouni wrote:
    • DDC knows to remove notes of a chord uniquely  via "chord Notes"
    • DDC accepts redundant single notes and notes of a chord
    • DDC always bases itself on the same logic to remove notes of a chord: fundamental note of a chord disappears last
      • chlipouni says he can evolve DDC to correct the first point . however the 3rd point is harder to change
    • Berneer asked: How does DDC decide  which is the sequence of note removal for non-Fundamental notes? Highest pitch to lowest pitch? Note in the official song, REM - Losing My Religion, interesting an Emin ramped down straight to an E5 after 2 reductions in difficulty. Probably the result of manual DD during chart creation...
    • Berneer wondered: When DDC notices a chordified sequence (chord time .....with chord notes not equal to  chord template should DDC either:
      • consider chordified chord as 1 rigid item to be removed in its entirety when ramping down (ex: e10 + (B12, B13, B12, B10)  might be better served remaing as one item to to be down-ramped
      • keep note with longest sustain in the lowest difficulty.
  • June 16 chlipouni wrote in this thread, Post 6:
    • chlipouni-proposed chordify construct: Shifted single notes using chord tag linkNext and open notes of chord defined by chord Notes should be applied to all chords (with or without open notes) and all densities, since DDC logic which already manages these cases of a chord with linked single notes. --> Done EoF-side, though no chordNotes if no open notes.
  • June 22
    • Berneer wondered, if trouble accepting chordify construct in DDC, then should we simply just show regular notes in lower levels then for top level, add techniques, imported from the Transcription track?
    • For chlipouni's question from posts 26-28, Case 3, is out of scope because I'm only looking for cases where LinkNext =1, whatever its position (chord note or chord tags) --> Not sure if there was any issue there but you seemed not bothered by this. Post #58 shows the latest IF statement.
  • June 23  Berneer question to chlipouni
    • Can/will DDC handle pre-bend? --> question for chlipouni?
      • See Post 60 latest IF statement about pre-bends, first concluded circa Post 37.

• ELSEIF (Chordify AND (pre-bends)THEN

pre-Hotfix 06-19-2016 logic (no single note offsets) with

chordtime LinkNext = 0   

chordNote LinkNext = 1 (can't bend an open note so moot)

ENDIF

Comments about chlipouni's July 28 (Post 59) interim DDC version output of my July 19 (Post 58) sample XML containing myriad Chordify examples:

• Berneer uploaded in-game footage of chlipouni's XML passed through an updated version of DDC. See Post 60.
  • Not had time for detailed comments, sorry.
  • All I did confirm to myself so far is as follows::
    • Pre-DDC XML and DDC transcription track verified to be identical. Good.
    • 9 new chord templates were created by DDC --> I don't remember if this is good or bad. Will confirm later. I didn't seem to think it was bad back in July...
      • G#aug --> fret 5: 0 becomes -1
      • FMaj7 --> fret 5: 0 becomes -1
      • G#aug --> fret 5: 0 becomes -1
      • skipped C3
      • C#dim --> fret 5: 0 becomes -1 --> finger5: 1 becomes -1
      • A --> fret 5: 0 becomes -1
      • G6 --> fret 5: 0 becomes -1--> finger5: 2 becomes -1
      • G6 --> fret 5: 0 becomes -1
    • D5,E5,E5,A5 not repeated and dumbed-down --> I don't remember if this is good or bad. Will confirm later. I didn't seem to think it was bad back in July...
  • If memory serves, and quickly looking at the YouTube links posted in Post 60 from July 29, I see the following issues in-game similar to the March Robustness Test 8 and the June 12 "DDC3.0 behaviour_take2.png" results, but have not had time to look more closely at the post-DDC XML yet:
    • HOPO Video
      • Hi Density & Handshape:
        • Fundamental note is G in G6 chord, sustaining note is open e --> Should logic change. Not a must.
        • As seen in earlier tests the handshape starts later in lower dfifficulties --> I don't understand why it does this.
        • But at least now the same number of notes in  a chord are constant for the entire sequence, for a given difficulty. --> good
        • Hmm, the box is not high density.... despite the "hi-dens" ... and the XML below is as expected.... --> I expected high density to work. More a check I'll have to do with raynebc.
        •         <chord time="2.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="9" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
                    <chordNote time="2.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
                  </chord>
                  <chord time="6.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="9" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
                    <chordNote time="6.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
                  </chord>
                  <chord time="10.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="9" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
                    <chordNote time="10.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
                  </chord>
                  <chord time="14.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" chordId="9" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="0" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
                    <chordNote time="14.000" linkNext="1" accent="0" bend="0" fret="0" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.001" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
                  </chord>

• Low Density & Handshape:
        • Same first 3 comments as above apply
      • Hi Density & No Handshape:
        • Again not high density --> ??
        • Without handshape, the first chord ramps down differently than the other chords in that when the 1st chord ramps down to one note the other chords remain with two notes even in MaxChordStr=1 level as shown with the bottom right level where it is even leveling down the category while maintaining two-note chords. --> Seen in earlier testing too. Can we fix that? Likely non-elimination of single notes issue, but maybe more since behaviour is different with 1st chord relative to others.
      • Low Density & No Handshape:
        • Same comments as immediately above
    • Accent/Harm/PHarm/PM/FHM/tapping/slapping/plucking video
      • Accent, open strings --> Funda is note not sust note & first chord ramps diff.
      • Accent, fretted notes --> ditto (ditto is English word for French word 'idem')
      • Harmonic, open strings --> ditto
      • Harmonic, fretted notes --> ditto
      • Pinch Harmonic, open strings --> ditto
      • Pinch Harmonic, fretted notes --> ditto
      • Palm Mute, open strings --> ditto
      • Palm Mute, fretted strings --> ditto
      • FHM, open strings --> ditto
      • FHM, fretted notes --> ditto
      • Tapping, open strings --> ditto
      • Tapping, fretted notes --> ditto
      • Slapping, open strings --> ditto
      • Slapping, fretted notes --> ditto
      • Plucking, open strings --> ditto
      • Plucking, fretted notes --> ditto
    • Vibrato /bends / unpitched slides / pitched slides video (being two-stringed chords, the 1st chord ramping differently issue is not visible here but likely still prevalent)
      • Vibrato, all strings --> Even if E5 chord, E funda note disappears first
      • Vibrato, 1 string --> ditto
      • Bend, all strings --> ditto
      • Bend, 1 string --> ditto
      • Pre-bend, 1 string --> ditto + pre-bend note doubling issue for me to resolve with raynebc, surprised because @@raynebc and I tackled this earlier on... by bringing back the pre-bent note with no 1ms offset and setting high density =1. The XML has high density=1 which should erase the unauthored chordnotes but isn't here...
      • <chordTemplate chordName="D5" displayName="D5" finger0="-1" finger1="-1" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="2" finger5="3" fret0="-1" fret1="-1" fret2="-1" fret3="-1" fret4="10" fret5="10"/>
        <note time="68.125" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="2" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="4" sustain="0.375" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0">
                  <bendValues count="1">
                    <bendValue time="68.125" step="2.000"/>
                  </bendValues>
                </note>
        <note time="68.126" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="10" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="1" leftHand="-1" mute="0" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="5" sustain="0.749" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        <chord time="68.125" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="10" fretHandMute="0" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down"/>

• Unpitched slide up, all strings --> Even if D5 chord, D funda note disappears 1st ; Non-DDC-issue: hmm despite linkNext on e string, still two noteheads.... perhaps cannot link unpitched slide?
      • Unpitched slide up, all strings, diff slide speeds --> Even if D5 chord, D funda note disappears 1st
      • Unpitched slide down, all strings --> Even if E5 chord, E funda note disappears 1st ; Non-DDC-issue: hmm despite linkNext on e string, still two noteheads....perhaps cannot link unpitched slide?
      • Unpitched slide down, 1 string --> Even if E5 chord, E funda note disappears 1st
      • Unpitched slide up, 1 string --> Even if E5 chord, E funda note disappears 1st
      • Pitched slide up, all strings --> --> Even if D5 chord, D funda note disappears 1st; Interesting that when the B-string stops the e string sequence dones't disappear there. I'm not sure whether it is good or difficult for a ramped-down difficulty, and also if the linkNext on the e-string were to work then this would mean that the the undisappeared e-string bit would start without a note-head?; Non-DDC-issue: hmm despite linkNext on e string, still subsequent  noteheads....pitched slide not linking properly? I'll need to examine this with raynebc in the coming weeks...
      • Pitched slide down, all strings --> Even if E5 chord, E funda note disappears 1st; bottom left difficulty again has undisappeared e string which is fine if I wanted an e10 notehead, but I didn't. Wonder if DDC should just refrain from undisappearing e-string in bottom left difficulty for eventuality that linkNext will work as intended. What do you think? I guess I'll run a series of tests on why LinkNext is not working.
      • Pitched slide up, 1 string stop --> Now with A5 chord, fundamental note remains. Seems like the DDC logic makes a decision between keeping the fundamental note when reducing the difficulty unless it is on the higher pitched strings.
        • --> EoF/RS consideration: Note how contrary to all strings being pitched, now the open e-string note head rightfully doesn't keep appearing down the sequence, unlike the fretted note slide down to e10, which shows that LinkNext is working for the case of and unpitched string.
      • Pitched slide down, 1 string --> Even if E5 chord, E funda note disappears 1st;
      • Pitched slide up, 1 string --> Now with A5 chord, fundamental note remains.
  • I can exmaine the post-DDC-XML in more detail  when I resume work on chordify DDC testing and tutorializing in the coming weeks.

There is a french word we use in Quebec  when seeing such a long post: "colisse!" :) And this was the summary.... :) My goal was to have all we've discussed (or need to discuss) all in one place. :)

If you refer to EoF post 1574 (Robustness TEsting of Dummy chords, March 9) where I tested two types of dummy chords in parallel: "dummy chordId dummy chords" and "Handshape chordid-1 dummy chords", I realized, in Robustness Test 7 (if memory serves), that the former should not use -1's in the chord template, and that the latter didn't need the Handshape chordid set to -1 since it was redundant. This led me to conclude that both dummy chord types were one and the same and then chordify was born.

Test results showed that this  "Handshape chordid-1 dummy chords" method is no longer needed for chordify implementation and was dropped and never programmed into EoF so you cannot use EoF to create such handshapes. 

If ever for another purpose we felt the need to revive Handshape chordid-1 at least thereis significant testing of this in the dummy chord robustness testing of EoF post1574.

So apart from being a possible way of creating a chord box, there seems to be no compelling purpose to proceed with that construct. I do remember using  "Handshape chordid-1 dummy chords" in Robustness Test 2 (I think, sorry at work I don't have access) to place a box around a single note, which might or might not be of any interest in ramping up a chord in DDC whereby the MAXCHORDSTR=1 levels might show a box, and then when MAXCHORDSTR>1, then more note heads appear in the box, in order toalert the user early that he will soon be playing a chord when leveling up.