FAQ & Support for the Requests / Work In Progress List

ForgeOn

Quick links: The Big List , The Request/WIP Form

Introducing...

Request & Work In Progress List 2.0!

by @claimore22 & @ForgeOn

Request a song, look up songs already being made, or let everyone know about your work in progress!

This is how it's done in two easy steps!

##########################################################################################################

Step 1:
Check the list!

The Big List!

First thing to do is check The Big List for your latest must-have tune:

Error: Embedded data could not be displayed.

Easily sorted by Artist, Song Title, Available Instruments, Platform, or any of the other details filled out in the form below, The Big List is your first stop on the way to that great new custom!

If the embeded code doesn't work for you make sure you have any script blocking set properly or try opening the page separately here:The Big List: A complete list of all the CDLCs requested or announced as a user's own work in progress

##########################################################################################################

Step 2:
Add your own entry!

The Request/WIP Entry Form!

Once you have checked The Big List and are satisfied that that your song has not already been requested or is not currently being made, you can add in your own new request or work in progress in the Entry Form here:

Error: Embedded data could not be displayed.

The Request/WIP Form takes you through all of the details (some optional) of your custom request or declaration of a work in progress so that other users can find your song in the list and create it for you and the community or steer clear so that you can create your chosen song in peace, without fear of being song scooped! :)

If the embeded code doesn't work for you make sure you have any script blocking set properly and if all esle fails here is a link: 
Request/WIP Form: A form that will take all the details of your request or work in progress and add it to The Big List

Disclaimer::

There is no guarantee that any request (or work in progress) will be completed. All custom creations are done at the desire of the charters and they are under no obligation to complete any cuostom requests no matter how many "likes" it has or any other reason why you think your song should be done. As always, the best way to get a request made is to make it yourself with the awesome tools and resources available to you on this site!

Notice to Customs Forge members:

Please let us know of any issues or suggestions you have for the Request/WIP declaration method or this post by leaving feedback below!

And, be sure to read the FAQ in the next post!

Thank you! :D

- @claimore22 & @ForgeOn

• Like 40

FAQs

Q: Why, after entering my request/WIP, does it show up for a second and then disappear?

A: Our list has a script that automatically checks for duplicates and removes them but this only happens if there is a match between Request/WIP, Artist, Title, Instruments, & DD all at once! This is why the first step is to check The Big List! If for some reason you think your entry is being removed in error, all you need to do is leave a message in this topic and and we will look into the issue and get it resolved as best we can!

Q: What should I do if I've made a mistake in my entry but I've already closed the confirmation window so I can't go back and edit it?

A: If you would like your entry to the list edited for mistakes, or updated because the CDLC has been completed and submitted, or you want your WIP announcement removed because you have abandoned the project, all you have to do is leave a message in this topic and one of the moderators will be happy to make the edit, update, or removal for you!

Q: What should I do if my request or work in progress has been completed?

A: If you notify us that you have recently completed your work in progress, we will mark that custom's entry as completed with a link to the submission post! These completed entries will remain in the list for a limited time and then removed, as they are redundant to the list that makes up the custom dlc search page.

• Like 4

Nice job! Is there any way of avoiding posting a request for the same song twice? The Pink Floyd 'In the Flesh' has been requested twice. Could become cluttered quite quickly...

I think the simplest solution would be just search for your request before submitting :)

• Like 1

Awesome form! Thanks much for taking the time to make it  :D

Edit: Wanted to add that Metallica's Orion is listed twice on the master list (because Metallica is misspelled in one of the requests). If we notice things like that, is this the best place to mention the error?

Great idea, thanks for your effort. Is there possibility to add something like "+1" or "like" to songs already reguested? Then most wanted songs wouldn't lost in flood of rest. I'm afraid that without somethnig like that this place soon will be messed and cdlc makers won't find it useful (too much requests). 

• Like 2

@@Rockinho, I'm glad it iw working for you now! :)

@@klopez, I agree! I have been wanting to implement something to that effect (a "+1" system) for a while now. I'm hopeful that we will be able to do it soon!

@@MisterDC, For now the way to announce a custom is finished is to post here that the custom has been completed and myself or one of the other mods will make the change for you. In fact I think I will add a recently completed tag!

In the future when we switch to the official request/wip system (hosted on this site, instead of a google doc) we will be able to implement a direct connection to the completed customs database. (@@klopez's request will be easier to implement then as well!) :)