Off-beats

Cat With A Mustach

Question

I am trying to create No Excuses, by Alice in Chains CDLC. However the BPM's are different than what the file gave me. Switching it from another source, the BPM's still don't match. I then tried to use the Beat Map, however this also did not help, as note's are correct in the beginning of the son, but mis-spaced after a few seconds. I have no idea how to fix this, and I have this trouble on most songs.

3 answers to this question

I then tried to use the Beat Map, however this also did not help, as note's are correct in the beginning of the son, but mis-spaced after a few seconds.

Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean by this part?

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

I then tried to use the Beat Map, however this also did not help, as note's are correct in the beginning of the son, but mis-spaced after a few seconds.

Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean by this part?

One of the stickied threads are of Beat Maps, or something. Something to help with my problem.

Oh, I see. I've never used it, so I wouldn't be able to tell you how accurate it is.The next step would be to sync the beats manually in EoF. Select he time signature and then move the first beat marker in alignment with the beginning of the song. After that you may need to manually move the first beat of every other measure (sometimes less frequently, sometimes every measure) to align with the downbeat of the recording. Continue this through the end of the song.My post from another thread might provide you some more context, as well. http://customsforge.com/topic/841-how-to-make-cdlc-full-in-depth-tut-completed/?p=12219 

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs