UBISOFT Support

Mac66

Question

I purchased the Good Charlotte song pack this week but Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous, the only song I really cared about, did not download properly and does not show in the game. I contacted UbiSoft support and they have been unable to provide a solution. Late last night I received message from Dan Amrich which indicated that if I am using CDLC then I have unauthorized files in RS2014 and am asking for support that because of the "modifications" I have chosen to use they may be unable to provide support for something I paid them for. I don't know if this is something that others in the community have run into before but I just want to let everyone know that UbiSoft may deny support if CDLC are present in your files.

17 answers to this question

• Developer

Could be a PID (Persistent ID) conflict between ODLC and CDLC.  If you have two songs with same PID one of the songs may not show up in setlist or game may even crash.  Try as others have said to remove all CDLC from the 'dlc' folder.  For purpose of testing, you may just want to remove all ODLC and CDLC from the 'dlc' folder and only install the ODLC Good Charlotte song pack.  Also create a new clean game save (user profile) so that there are not any conflicts in the game save. 

If ODLC still does not work then IDK.  Could be corrupt ODLC.  Re-download it and try again.

You can check your ODLC and CDLC for PID conflicts with CFSM.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Administrator

By using CDLC you broke the EULA contract with Ubisoft making support from Ubisoft void as you made modification of the game that aren't unauthorized so if you contact the Ubisoft support, don't mention any modification that you made.

But all that being said, in your steam library you should be able to see if steam consider the DLC is installed or not, also a verification of the integrity of game files in those situation can be a good option to start with.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

By using CDLC you broke the EULA contract with Ubisoft making support from Ubisoft void as you made modification of the game that aren't unauthorized so if you contact the Ubisoft support, don't mention any modification that you made.

But all that being said, in your steam library you should be able to see if steam consider the DLC is installed or not, also a verification of the integrity of game files in those situation can be a good option to start with.

Steam considers it installed and I have run the verification several times and the song still does not show in the game. Thanks for the input.

Steam considers it installed and I have run the verification several times and the song still does not show in the game. Thanks for the input.

Did you reboot your PC?  I've had official DLC that wouldn't show up in the game until after a reboot.

If that doesn't work, have you tried removing all of your CDLC to see if it's just a conflict with another song?

Did you reboot your PC?  I've had official DLC that wouldn't show up in the game until after a reboot.

If that doesn't work, have you tried removing all of your CDLC to see if it's just a conflict with another song?

I have rebooted several times. This afternoon, I am going to remove all CDLC and see what happens. The weird thing for me is that all the other songs worked fine. However I did have a CDLC version of Lifestyles but I removed it prior to my purchase. Thanks for the input.

Could be a PID (Persistent ID) conflict between ODLC and CDLC.  If you have two songs with same PID one of the songs may not show up in setlist or game may even crash.  Try as others have said to remove all CDLC from the 'dlc' folder.  For purpose of testing, you may just want to remove all ODLC and CDLC from the 'dlc' folder and only install the ODLC Good Charlotte song pack.  Also create a new clean game save (user profile) so that there are not any conflicts in the game save. 

If ODLC still does not work then IDK.  Could be corrupt ODLC.  Re-download it and try again.

You can check your ODLC and CDLC for PID conflicts with CFSM.

Thanks I will give these a try this afternoon. Thanks for the input.

I am still investigating but it appears at this time that a CDLC has caused an issue with me getting an ODLC song to appear in the game. I removed all CDLC and Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous appeared in the game. I have never had this problem before and I am going to continue to look at the issue and see if I can determine with CDLC is actually causing the problem.

I found the one song, i repeat one song, that was causing my whole issue. It was The Good Life by Three Days Grace that according to my file I downloaded in December 2014. It took me all evening to find it but I finally did. I also noticed that that particular song is not available on CustomsForge. Just FYI i guess.

• Developer

So did you check for duplicate PID's or did you trial and error it?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Ugh!

• Administrator

@PC Plum The team have reported to already have multiple deal that hasn't been made because of video of CDLC and that's why we have strict rule about advertising on official channel. At one point if people can't understand that being too vocal about CDLC will only hurt the game, and Ubisoft might need to take action and that's kinda what they did about those screenshot, cause it wasn't steam that decided it but it was on a dev request.

They get pissed, they fight back it's that simple and we still find tons of people who poke the hornest...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

@@Humby How could they accept it when it cost them deals... I'm pretty sure they would be all for it if it was only original creation for artist that aren't likely to get a deal with Ubisoft but it's clearly not the case.

And they are keeping the game alive by themself by releasing 3 to 5 songs per week since the release, they don't need CDLC to extend the lifetime of the game.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@Humby How could they accept it when it cost them deals... I'm pretty sure they would be all for it if it was only original creation for artist that aren't likely to get a deal with Ubisoft but it's clearly not the case.

And they are keeping the game alive by themself by releasing 3 to 5 songs per week since the release, they don't need CDLC to extend the lifetime of the game.

While I agree with almost everything you said, I would respectfully disagree that CDLC does not help extend the life of the game. RS has done a fine job providing a fairly wide variety of artists and songs in their DLC offerings but there are obviously a lot of songs and artists who may never agree to the use of their music, along with a multitude of songs and artist that may never be selected for inclusion. CDLC helps fill in those gaps and keep the game "alive" for the fans of those songs and artists. Just my two cents.