Gaming thread

Halazia

I play everything I can get my hands on. From atari 2600 (yeah i had one :'D) to ps2 (haven't had any ps3 or 4) and pc and portatile consoles

I don't have a life, I'm a gamer I have a lot of lives :mrgreen:

Time? I can't give you time... Anyone can... Time is just an illusion...

My CDLC'S here --> Rush Forge

Got a mountain of japanese RPG so gonna go with those on PS2 as soon as iam done with exams. Other than that, Diablo 3 with my Brothers and GF in local coop on PS3, Borderlands 2 in local coop...usually anything local coop (really dislike online gaming).

Haha. Nice to see a fellow JRPG fan.

Yeah, same. I got loads of games on my PS2, need to play. Just ordered Soul Nomad & The World Eaters. Which should be here this weekend. Now just need 3 JRPG to complete my 60+ JPRG title on the PS2.

Need

1:Magna Carta

2: Makai Kingdom

3: La Pucelle.

Some games I wanna buy, but kinda expensive. Like Shining Force. Might get them used. And Growlanser series, but alas, money is too darn high.  :D

The Bass and JRPG gamer fanatic.

Out of the 140+ games i have on Steam/Humblebundle at the moment and the many more ive had before Steam was even out, the absolute best, the one that took away years of my life with absolute passion was:

the tournaments/leagues were awesome as was just fooling around with clanmates ***wipes tear***, hell i would still play if it wasnt because well, we all either grew up or moved to other games, gameplay its just not the same, specially with that NQ mod uggh...anyway... good times, good times.

I mainly play PC since I rarely ever buy PS3 games anymore thanks to the great deals from Steam lol, but I'll play about anything. I love all Elder Scrolls games and Fallout series too (big Bethesda fan lol) and probably my favorite games are SWKOTOR and SWKOTOR II. I loved those 2 games.

Guitars owned:

Schecter Damien Platinum-6 FR (EMG 85-81) | Ibanez GRG20Z | B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Warbeast (EMG 85-81) | Jackson Pro King V KVT (Duncan SH-6).

Playing since:

November 11, 2013.

Favorite Genre:

Heavy Metal \m/ (specifically Death Metal, Power Metal, etc. and the heavier stuff) 

The Witcher 1&2, The Settlers, Gothic, Baldur's Gate, STALKER, Total War series - this stuff always in my heart but now (excluding Rocksmith) I almost don't play games at all. Sometimes play some matches in NBA 2k, occasionally L4D 2 or BF3 with friends and that's all. I used to play and buy games regularly and was pretty up-to-date with this topic till 2011. I have lots of great memories conected with computer games and some of them I'll always remember but I suppose I've grown out of playing, only old classic games which are conected with me by sentiment still give me fun, new ones usually bore me after 5 minutes. As I said, playing computer games was big part of my life and it was cool but now I prefer playing guitar and spending money on music CD's to buying and playing games. And I'm really pleased with this shift;) .

I'll have to say Final Fantasy VII was and still is the greatest game ever designed.... too bad it wasn't made now with all the advancements in technology, but I've often thought that it might've actually hindered the game if it was made now, instead of back then, when RPG's actually had to have a good storyline to them.

With that being said.... God of War was awesome, along with the new Castlevania game a few years back as well.

Talk louder.....I'm blind you moron......

I started to play games at the age of 4. My first console was Pegasus (the European clone of NES or Famicom) and my favorite game on this console was The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (1992) and I really recommend it to you (an emulator, a ROM and there you go). Sometimes I re-play it, because it was a great game for me and still it brings me fun. There we're also a lot of classics like Contra, Contra Force, Tiny Toon Adventures which we're also nice.Then PSX ruled my life. Every Crash game that came out (there we're 5 games if I remember correctly). I achieved over 90% completion on almost every one of them, except on the third one - Warped in which I achieved 100%. Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone was also a nice adventure. Those we're the times, when games based on movies we're done nicely. The Resident Evil trilogy, Tekken 3, Ace Combat trilogy, Gex trilogy - let the memories be with you. PSX was the platform on which "THIS" game came out. The title was Metal Gear Solid. It was one of the best experiences on games that I had in my life. It is a shame that I didn't complete it. There are still some classics that I didn't play like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, which I will play on my PSP later.Then my father bought a PC (it was 2002) - I didn't have a solid, stable and fast Internet connection until 2010. My friends and the rest of the family we're bringing me games. All the GTA games from the "III Era" I played for fun. I didn't care about the story or objectives, I was using cheats and doing free roam :D . The best games of my early years on PC I can recall are: the NFS franchise (starting from Hot Pursuit 2), Colin McRae Rally 2.0, Sonic franchise and a lot of freeware games like Happyland Adventures.Then I bought myself a PS2, which now has laser problems, but I will buy a new one and everything will be ok. With this platform I will have the best memories ever. Metal Gear Solid 3 (Subsistence) - one of the best games I've ever played. The whole Sly franchise, Shadow of the Colossus (didn't complete it, because of the laser problems), God of War II, WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011, Def Jam: Fight for NY, Ratchet & Clank 2, Resident Evil 4 (also one of the best games I've ever played), Ace Combat 4, 5 and Zero, Medal of Honor: European Assault (still playing it with a friend on split-screen), SSX 3 (OMG, this one's also a masterpiece), Tony Hawk franchise (ProSkater 4 is my favorite), Beyond Good & Evil, Call of Duty 3 (this one's the best from the WWII era of CoD for me), Red Dead Revolver - these are my favorites that I remember. If you have something to recommend then tell me.Then PSP came in. Sid Meier's Pirates!, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (one of the best games I've ever played - 150 hours), LocoRoco franchise, Patapon 1 & 2 (have problems with the final boss in 2), God of War franchise, The 3rd Birthday, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (actually left it, played it 18 hours and didn't make a progress, but still it's a solid game for me harder than Dark Souls), Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Impact, Ace Combat X, GTA: Liberty City Stories, Worms: Open Warfare 2, Tetris ( :D ), shift EXTENDED, Gun Showdown - my PSP favorites.My favorite games for PC by years:2004 - NFS: Underground 2 (my favorite NFS), Scrapland, Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (I completed this game on three different platforms - PC, PS2 and PSP), 18 Wheels of Steel: Across America, Neighbours form Hell 22005 - GTA: San Andreas (my favorite GTA), Call of Duty 2, NFS: Most Wanted, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (This game is so good that I will play it again in nearby future), Battlefield 2 (a lot of memories), Counter-Strike: Source, Psychonauts, Worms 4: Total Mayhem

2006 - LEGO Star Wars II, NFS: Carbon, Rayman: Raving Rabbids2007 - World in Conflict (my favorite RTS), CoD 4 and Crysis2008 - Assassin's Creed, Fallout 3 (played it after New Vegas, I still have to do a lot of things on this Wastelands), Far Cry 2 (IMO better than FC3) and maybe GTA IV (but SA is better), World of Goo (Hah, this one gave a lot of fun), Audiosurf, GRID (That's one hell of a racing game), Pure (ATV rulez!)2009 - Assassin's Creed II, Batman Arkham Asylum, CoD: MW2, L4D2 (This one will never die...or maybe if Valve will learn to count to three), DiRT 2 (my favorite off-road racing game), Burnout Paradise (my favorite open-world arcade-style racing game), CoJ: Bound in Blood (great memories with that one, especially that the game was made by polish Techland), Street Fighter IV (a fighting game that came out on PC after some long time), Section 8, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Plants vs. Zombies, World in Conflict: Soviet Assault (a small, but interesting expansion), Braid (a beautiful game with an interesting ending)2010 - Sid Meier's Civilization V (my favorite turn-based strategy game), Splinter Cell: Conviction, Fallout: New Vegas (one of the best games in my life...), Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (DAT Rome), CoD: Black Ops, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Best BF game - still playing it), Bejeweled 3 (a simple game, but fun), Super Meat Boy2011 - TES V: Skyrim (Words won't describe this game, this game describes itself), The Witcher 2 (tie with Skyrim), Deus Ex: HR, Batman: Arkham City (one of the best action-adventure games ever for me), Driver: San Francisco ( the best story in the racing games), LEGO Star Wars III (this one I was playing with my younger brother), The Walking Dead from Telltale (I still hate this episode formula), Portal 2, Bulletstorm, Rayman Origins (this one was fun)

2012 - Dishonored, Far Cry 3 (this one is a good game, but it never gave me such fun as FC2 did), Hitman: Absolution, Max Payne 3 (a great game, but I hate it's linearity), Sleeping Dogs, Borderlands 2 (Oh, memories...), Torchlight II (actually playing it with friends), Dark Souls (I didn't complete it, I'm in the Sen's Fortress), Spec Ops: The Line, Transformers: Fall od Cybertron (one of the best TPS games ever), CS: GO (the best CS for me), Street Fighter X Tekken, XCOM - Enemy Unknown (this one also left some memories), Castle Crashers.Now to the current games. Dust: An Elysian Tail and FEZ are masterpieces that I won't forget for sure. Skullgirls is a nice game. Trails Evolution: Gold Edition was also a nice experience. Also a lot of conversions from other platforms came out like Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (this one gives me more fun than any game of the God of War franchise), Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (as a fan of the MGS franchise I find this game good), Mortal Kombat (HELL YEAH!). Also don't forget that Rocksmith 2014 came out. At the moment I'm playing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and it's the best action-adventure game I've ever played. Really. The story, character, audio (What should we do with drunken sailor...), Caribbeans, hunting, sailing...I wish I could have Sid Meier's Pirates game in TPP, 3D and everything...and Ubisoft served it. Splinter Cell: Blacklist is a great game. It's as good a Chaos Theory for me. BioShock Infinite - I didn't really like the game. Story was the only thing why I played it. Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - the game that describes what a "shooter" is. Outlast - The hide'n'seek formula was boring for me, so I left the game. Tomb Raider was a short and not so interesting experience for me. Just a game to kill some time.I'm still waiting for the PS3 price to become lower...there are so many games like Red Dead Redemption, GTA V or Metal Gear Solid IV that I jus have to play.

I still have to play franchises like Gothic, Mass Effect, BioShock, Prince of Persia, Metro, Final Fantasy or Silent Hill.

• Like 2

MY WORKSHOP/MÓJ WARSZTAT
Gave up Rocksmith and CDLC making, playing on his own now.

Howdy guys.

Mainly PS3 and PC gamer here...I prefer consoles though. Haven't jumped next gen yet and won't until a number of PS4 games catch my interest. Favorite system(s) are PS2 and SNES....Dreamcast gets an honorable mention.

I like RPGs most of all, do NOT like FPS or shooters in general, don't give much of a damn about multiplayer stuff, and don't really like indie games. 

"Last of us" was a memorable gaming journey

"Mass Effect 2" was great never got into 3 so it remains unfinished.

"Bioshock infinite" great but wish I had time to go back through it.

Finished "Borderlands" in 2 player co-op with the Mrs

"Borderlands 2" is proving very taxing so not sure if it will be finished. Lovely game though.

Rocksmith is the time stealer at the moment :)

• Like 1

I love video games! I want to work on that so, this should be a must.  A game that i will always love is Crash Bandicoot, the first three from PS1, oh man it was fun to play that on my 14" TV, sitting in the floor. Now i play Battlefield 4, BF3 on PS3 with some friends, Rocksmith, and sometimes i get back to Skyrim, if there's a new mod. I think my favorite franchise would have to be Half-Life, i played all of them, one after the other, when i was 12 (i'm 17 now). I remember watching the first episode of Freeman's Mind (ww.youtube.com/watch?v=7J80KD4BG7M) and watching all of them, till i got interested enough and downloaded the game, and i still remember my "frustation" when i got in game and didn't hear that crazy voice speaking, i really tought that was part of the game. Oh well, i just hope i get to play Half-Life 3 before i die. XD

I played a lot of games as a kid, then none for a while, then got an N64, GameCube & PS2 & had another spurt, but haven't played much recently. Doesn't help that my PS3 (which is my main non-CDLC platform for Rocksmith) just YLOD'd for the 3rd time & I've given up on trying to get it fixed again... Let's see if I can remember my faves per platform:

C64 (age test! XD): Jumpman Jr., Donkey Kong, Ultimate Wizard, Impossible Mission

NES: SMB1-3, Zelda I & II, Metroid, etc.

Amiga 2000: Shadow of the Beast (just did a CDLC from that!), Another World, Fright Night, too many others to even remember

old-ass PC: Commander Keen

[massive gap]

Nintendo64: Mario64, Zelda: Ocarina & Majora's Mask

GameCube: ummm... Wind Waker? Smash Bros, I suppose. heh

PS2: Ratchet & Clank series, Katamari Damacy, Final Fantasy VIII & X, Jak & Daxter

Wii: Smash Bros., Mario Kart... not very impressed w/ the SMB/Zeldas on this :

PS3: more Ratchet & Clanks, Resistance trilogy, Fallout 3, Little Big Planet

oh, and of course RS/RS2014. :D

I'm going to be all over Oculus Rift or Morpheus when they're out. VR gaming is going to be a huge milestone in gaming history I reckon.

Might have to upgrade my PC in preparation I reckon. It was the dog's bollocks in 2008 but not so great these days, it's certainly showing its age.

Am thinking about getting a PS4 in January next year. Going to be interesting to see when both these VR solutions are going to be available.