Gaming thread

Halazia

Besides Rocksmith (that's an obvious one, duh) I enjoy the episode-based Telltale Games (The Walking Dead Season 1 & 2; The Wolf Among Us; looking forward to Tales From the Borderlands, another Borderlands fan here :D), Half-Life, Portal, and the occasional game of Counter Strike: Source or League of Legends (EUW).

In terms of console games, I totally love the games I used to play in my childhood (mostly PSX & SNES titles), the Metroid (MP3, Hunters & Other M not played yet) & Smash Bros. series, need to play through the Metal Gear and Zelda series though.

I should start playing Bioshock (1 & 2) as well as Metro 2033 (already read the book ^^) someday, got them on Steam and haven't come to play them yet.

Currently getting back into playing the guitar and learning bass. Might also get back into creating CDLC, this time with less of a Rock/Metal-focused approach and sharing songs I'd love to learn first and foremost. *fingers crossed*

ow games, well, let's say I have a lot too :D

Steam, Origin, Uplay, Battle.Net

But I only play a few games today, Borderlands 2, Rocksmith, Dota 2, League of Legends, Smite and Infinite Crisis.

The others I play a little: CS: GO, Team Fortress 2, PayDay 1, Dead Island, Dead Island: Epidemic, Torchlight 1 and 2, Trine 1 and 2, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Borderlands 1, Killing Floor, Awesomenauts, Portal 2, Magicka, Day of Defeat, Terraria, Battlefield BC 2 and Battlefield 3 and Saints Row The Third. This is the list of multiplayer games, I have a few more but for single player only :D

If anyone want to play with me: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rataum

Used to play TF2 a lot until the "brony" internet meme evolved and made me resort to single-player games instead. Been playing Civilization V and The Witcher series recently, was a lot of fun

I used to play that quite a bit.  Never heard of the "brony" meme though.  What's that?

I loved games but now I have no motivation to play them, dunno why :( Still i'm playing Mass Effect trilogy from the beggining, I want to complete every quest etc. When i played it at first time, my decisions were horrible and i end up with only few characters for ME3 ;d  Oh, and i didn't mention about league of legends ofcourse x)

A przed waleniem konia
na miasto idę cipy węszyć,
psem jestem!

I used to play that quite a bit.  Never heard of the "brony" meme though.  What's that?

Haha, if you've ever watched a youtube video and scrolled down into the comment section, chances are you already met one of them. I already saw one on this very site too, but I'll refrain from letting my arguably offensive opinions slip out any further

• Administrator

Besides Rocksmith (that's an obvious one, duh) I enjoy the episode-based Telltale Games (The Walking Dead Season 1 & 2; The Wolf Among Us; looking forward to Tales From the Borderlands, another Borderlands fan here :D), Half-Life, Portal, and the occasional game of Counter Strike: Source or League of Legends (EUW).

In terms of console games, I totally love the games I used to play in my childhood (mostly PSX & SNES titles), the Metroid (MP3, Hunters & Other M not played yet) & Smash Bros. series, need to play through the Metal Gear and Zelda series though.

I should start playing Bioshock (1 & 2) as well as Metro 2033 (already read the book ^^) someday, got them on Steam and haven't come to play them yet.

I could cry at how excited I am over Tales From The Borderlands - sometimes I watch the trailer just so I can get chills up my spine when I hear Jack laughing.

"Soooooooooo many people are gonna die!"

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

• Administrator

Too funny!

Pic away

http://31.media.tumblr.com/4b4965a3d91d00460cc3da926038d36f/tumblr_mz1pt1g7n91r2txdlo1_400.png

• Like 5

Finishing up on my first run of Demon Souls for the lead up to Dark Souls 2. I went in with low expectations knowing Dark Souls has many improvements over it, but I'm liking it slightly better. Both great games either way, pumped for DS2.

Also tons of Spelunky / Dota 2. Pretty much games where you die alot :D

• Administrator

The level of awesome in that tattoo is off the charts.

Ahh thanks man! 

Shameless plug for JD at Psychotic Ink on 4th Street in Saint Petersburg, Florida :)

Ditto, but I stopped playing when it got harder to find decent players online and I was spending dozens of hours trying to unlock the last handful of ultra rare equipment and not getting any.  The last single player DLC had a battle simulator which is pretty cool, but it just is no replacement for the multiplayer.

If you're a PS3 gamer, we should play a round or two. I last played about a few weeks back, I hadn't played in months due to the servers being shot to pieces everytime I tried to create a match. PUG matches normally annoy the hell outta me, it's normally every one for themselves on there, although some aren't too bad. When the last MP DLC was released, I managed to get a few guns, but not many. I think I'm still missing a heck load of guns tbh.

I haven't had a signature in a while so excuse me if this is lame as hell.

I was born with an atari to play and then got a computer that was disk only no hard drive the guy at radioshack said not to get those they arent catching on lol wtf!.  Awesome old sierra games like quest for glory and space quest wasted tons of hours then got nintendo and played all the greats never had a babysitter parents just rented a game and did whatever and I was still gaming when they got back.  Moved upto to super nintendo had tons of games the rpgs stand out the most on that machine then had a n64 and played the crap outta the wrestling games and goldeneye.  got a gamecube and it was smash brothers nonstop. Got a wii and again smash brothers nonstop mixed with wtf where are the games???  Said screw nintendo with the new toy they released. Somewhere in that mix played a ton of Baldurs gate series and icewind dale all the diablos and still playing diablo 3 and the expansion soon!  Still Play half life deathmatch original.  Loved fallout 3 and hope for a new one.  Had almost a Year of ingame time on world of warcraft and kicked almost every other healers butt on the server azgalor there was a few better but not many but a year of ones life in 1 game is too much and decided I needed a intervention and quit that.  Love borderlands 1 and 2.  Got rocksmith and havent done much since.  I often think how much better I'd be at guitar if my year in wow was a year of straight guitar :( 

[...]Got rocksmith and havent done much since.  I often think how much better I'd be at guitar if my year in wow was a year of straight guitar :(

Same here but replace "wow" (never played it) with gaming and put a "s" to year... damn... should stop think about it.

I'm a gamer since early 90's and now try to reduce my gaming time and play (or practice) more guitar. But there are some huge time eating monsters in the row like "Wastland 2", "Torment - Tides of Numenera" and of course "Star Citizen". As you can see I love crowdfunding :-)

You might want to have a look at the Wii U now Xstatic, it's got a decent library of games now including The Wonderful 101. It's going to take something VERY impressive to beat that game as my personal game of the 8th generation.

Just think of the most spectacular end of game boss you've ever encountered in a video game and realise that the first end of LEVEL boss is more spectacular than that...and then realise that each and every end of level boss following that is even more spectacular than the previous one lol.

You'll end up saying to yourself over and over again, 'How the FUCK are they going to manage to top THAT..?!!?!?'. :shock:

Fair enough, perhaps you might take the plunge after a price cut..? There's actually a few really good deals appearing here in the UK these last couple of weeks. All Nintendo need to do is cut the price to £180/$250, the same price the Wii was at launch, and then it'll be in impulse buy territory for a lot of people I reckon.