Can not find file path

Peace33MN

• Developer

@Peace33MN  Just select the location of your user profile manually.  Read the HINT message in the 'Browse For Folder' dialog popup.

Do a Windows search for a folder name '221680' and then drill down through the subfolders until you find your user profile (game save) files that end with  _prfldb and json.  These are the files that you want to backup.  CFSM will remember the path to your user profile once you set it manually in the "Browse For Folder' dialog.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Your going to have to be a lot more descriptive of the steps.  There is no browse for folder dialog popup.  I launch the application and I get this error, "Could not find a part of the path 'z:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\DLC'.  The program will now shut down."  It then closes out.  I am running windows 10 if that helps.  

• Developer

@@Peace33MN

Are you using (or trying to use) the beta or the normal version of the app ? (If it's beta, it should say so on the top) If it's not beta, you should try that version first. 

If that won't work, you should try deleting "CFSM" folder in My Documents folder.

If that won't work either:

-if you don't already know the path to the Rocksmith folder, open "This PC" and type Rocksmith2014, then it should point you to the location of Rocksmith, copy the path of Rocksmith and copy it/take a note of it somewhere

-go to the same CFSM folder again, find "cfsm.Settings" file in the folder and open it

-find "RSInstalledDir" and replace the path that is between "" with the one you found in one of the previous steps

-try again, if it still doesn't work, report back 

• Developer

"'z:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\DLC'"

Sry, that error has nothing to do with your user profile.  The application can not find your Rocksmith root folder.

1) Open your 'Documents' folder and delete the entire 'CFSM' subfolder.

2)  Start CFSM

3)  Open 'Settings' tab menu

4)  Change the 'Rocksmith Installation Directory' to where you have Rocksmith installed

5)  Select 'Song Manager' tab menu

6)  Press 'Rescan' button

Enjoy

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Quickie update, I tried moving my entire rocksmith to where the error says the file is missing and I now get this error.  

"Houston ... we have a problem!

There are no Rocksmith 2014 songs in z:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc"  

Please select a valid Rocksmith 2014 installation directory when you restart CFSM."

• Developer

Sounds like your computers path structure is highly customized.  Now that you have 'Houston ... ' error message just select the proper path to the Rocksmith 'dlc' folder using the Settings menu when you restart and CFSM should work.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Developer

CFSM is looking for Rocksmith on your 'C:\' drive by default.  If you have Rocksmith located somewhere else then you manually have to selected the proper location in 'Settings' tab menu.  If you can't get to the 'Settings' tab menu then make sure you delete the 'CFSM' folder from you 'My Documents' folder before running CFSM again.

• Developer

This issue should be fixed in CFSM Beta Vers 1.2.3.1.  You can specify any Rocksmith root directory location that contains a 'dlc' subfolder in the CFSM 'Settings' tab menu.