Rocksmith Real Tone Cable

vibrate23

Question

I need help with this cable. I plug it in and when I boot up Rocksmith it says no audio output device detected. I can't even get passed the calibration because it won't work. The amps in the background keep making noise non stop and there is no sound in the game. All drivers are up to date and I did everything to make it work. This cable works on my Xbox 360 just fine, but on PC it doesn't work at all. Can someone please help me?

17 answers to this question

Try a different USB port.  Not the port right next to the one you curently use, like on the other side of the pc.

Plug the cable in when your pc is on the desktop (like NOT IN GAME) and make sure it says "Drivers installed successfully".

Now boot up the game and enjoy :D

Try a different USB port.  Not the port right next to the one you curently use, like on the other side of the pc.

Plug the cable in when your pc is on the desktop (like NOT IN GAME) and make sure it says "Drivers installed successfully".

Now boot up the game and enjoy :D

I've done all these things. I put my usb in all the ports and still it says "no audio output device detected. Please connect or enable it." Maybe it's because I don't have it enabled. How do I enable it? The game has the amps in the background blasting yellow soundwaves so I don't understand.

Outside of the game, do you get the little sound Windows makes when you stick in a USB device "da-ding"?

I'd be making sure Windows knows you're Real Tone Cable is connected and recognized before worrying about faults in the game.

When the cable is connected it should show up in Recording Devices (right mouse click the little speaker in the bottom right corner of your desktop and select Recording Devices).  Confirm Windows sees it before going any further.

Maybe the break out part of the cable has become disconnected?  Make sure the 2 parts of the cable are stuck together properly.

If Windows sees the cable and the game still says no, you could try making sure Audio Exclusivity is "On" in the game options.  You need to restart the game after you play with this setting though.

Outside of the game, do you get the little sound Windows makes when you stick in a USB device "da-ding"?

I'd be making sure Windows knows you're Real Tone Cable is connected and recognized before worrying about faults in the game.

When the cable is connected it should show up in Recording Devices (right mouse click the little speaker in the bottom right corner of your desktop and select Recording Devices).  Confirm Windows sees it before going any further.

Maybe the break out part of the cable has become disconnected?  Make sure the 2 parts of the cable are stuck together properly.

If Windows sees the cable and the game still says no, you could try making sure Audio Exclusivity is "On" in the game options.  You need to restart the game after you play with this setting though.

Windows does recognize my Real Tone Cable, and the two parts are connected together. It says microphone and working on it. I can't get passed the playing really loud part in calibration because it doesn't recognize any sound from my guitar. All the volume knobs are up, but still nothing. I know my guitar works because I was using it yesterday, and this cable works because it works on the xbox. So I can't get to the in game options, I know there is a force bypass but I don't know how to do it. 

right click sound, recording devices, recording tab, rocksmith mic properties, levels tab, turn mic up

sound is too low to detect for the game to even do tuner

I also did that no luck. I hear no game sound and it says plug in rocksmith real tone cable and I do. It still doesn't work at all, when I plug in the USB the amps in the background go crazy, but when I unplug it they stop.

i have the xbox and pc version and the same cable works for both.

when i first pluged in the cable to the pc i had the same problem.

i fixed it by doing two things .

1) by right click on the speaker icon -troubleshoot sound problems and let windows do it.

2) in the rs options "gain settings" increase the gain until you can hear it well

I have the same problem using RS2014 on my lap top. it works fine on my PS3 but does not recognize the cable is plugged into my laptop. I can get it to work by unplugging and replugging in the USB cable to my laptop. sometime takes 15-20 times and then it finds it and say my volume is too low, I can play fine for hours and then on my next session I have to plug and unplug the cable all over again. make sure you wait a second or 2 between plug ins. good luck