Best metal CDLCs for practice and technique

dantheguy

Question

Hi guys, any suggestions on the best CDLCs for practicing? I'm more partial to metal (and it's subgenres) and hard rock.

When I say good for practice, I mean ones that are separated into easy-to-practice chunks for Riff Repeater; I can do without DD, but cutting a song into easy to manage sections for practice.

Instrumentals are good as well.

6 answers to this question

@@dantheguy -

It's probably best to look for charters that have done a lot of metal and have a tendency to make many (useful) sections. Off the top of my head, there's myself, @@Teinashu, @@cdeath, @[Member"firekorn"], and @@Fyres, all of whom have at least a few pages of customs, which should give you a pretty good start.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

^^Whoa, thanks for the suggestions dude! I've actually been practicing your Scale The Summit charts (at least the ones with guitar arrangements) and am working on some Lamb of God stuff.

Firekorn's stuff looks great too, especially since I'm an In Flames fan. 

Teinashu has a lot of great powermetal -- one of my favorite subgenres. 

Any thrash or metalcore selections you know of would be great as well :D I'm looking to work on my rhythm playing, but a lot of the old tried and true tracks from Metallica or Megadeth have these long, tedious passages that makes them really hard to practice in Riff Repeater.

• Like 1

Between @@cdeath and me there's a pretty good amount of thrash (or thrashy) bands, though not many of the "classic" bands (we've done a decent amount of Kreator, Testament, Coroner, Warbringer, HeXeN, Vektor, Skeletonwitch, Revocation, Nevermore, Iced Earth, roughly from most fully thrash to more thrash-related), and @@JokerTheAnarchist has done a lot of Megadeth and usually has a pretty good number of customs.

Metalcore I'm not super familiar with most of the charters or customs since it's not a genre that I'm into too much. I've made a lot of Between the Buried and Me, which could keep you occupied for quite a while. The stuff that hasn't been updated in the past few months has crappy tones and isn't as polished as the stuff I've done recently.

• Like 1

Thanks man, @@cdeath's Children of Bodom charts will give me an excuse to finally use my Ibanez.

Hope you make more Scale The Summit dude -- I know it's a pain to make for 6-string guitar since Chris and Travis both use 7-strings exclusively, but I think some songs are doable on 6-string like "Oracle", "Olive Tree", "Odyssey", "Narrow Salient" and "The Traveler".

• Like 2

Yeah, I actually had a few that were getting close to done when my desktop computer got messed up in early April that I hadn't yet returned to. Oracle and Origin of Species are almost done (so you should see at least one of them within a couple of days), Drifting Figures is closeish, and Balkan, Colossal, Emersion, Age of the Tide, Gallows, and Secret Earth are all pretty much arranged for 6-string versions though I haven't gotten past that. Some of them will be in B standard for at least one of the guitars (usually rhythm, but sometimes even lead).

• Like 1