I've been off for a good time with

• SAT Testing
  • AP Exams
  • ACT-SO Music Competition
  • Game Design
  • and Writing Songs

My issue is for however long now, I've been composing songs but failing or disliking many. I try and do blues, rock, rock ballads, acoustic stuff, all that good stuff, but I can't get it to release point. Are there any PC tools that can help me come up with ideas? I have used FL Studio to make a midi song which I enjoyed but I want to record live and real songs. I know scales and chords but like I never know what's best. I'd like feedback and I'm uploading a small demo track.

• Administrator

Hating the result of your own composition is a really common issue among artist (rare are those that really likes to listening back to their own song).

Their is no tool to help you get idea and hard is to find tool to capture ideas when you have them making hard to capitalize on idea.

The hardest thing is to fight to go forward and get to release point even if you aren't proud of the result it is important to get there cause you learn a lot of things that you can use in the next project that you would never get to if you don't finish what you started.

FL can record live instrument, as many other DAW and midi song are real songs and it can be hard to differentiate midi instrument well made to real instrument (for exemple the drum part in that : http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/who-cares-r22126 is made with a midi instrument but without knowing it, good luck to find out).

Also take breaks, your hear is a very lazy tool and get tired quickly making long run of mixing and mastering complicated. And start small, lowest amount of effect, small number of track will help you build something decent faster to avoid being bored out by the song.

Finally set your expectation low, you won't sound as good as all the recordings you hear on radio everyday. Everybody started somewhere and it's never at the top!

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity