Audiosmith for Rocksmith 2014

• Developer
New CDLC Audio Tool - Audiosmith for Rocksmith 2014

Transcode your CDLC files to make them load faster in the game and save disk space.

Instructions:  Download and unpack both files to the same directory, then run AudiosmithSetup.exe

NOTE:  Avast AV and other AV programs may interfere with Audiosmith's installation and operation.  Please add the Audiosmith installer and Audiosmith application to your AV program's exclusion/white list if you receive unexpected results or error messages.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Audiosmith is a drag/drop GUI application for transcoding CDLC. Take a large CDLC file and make it smaller without significant loss of audio quality.  Audiosmith can also be used to convert between other common audio formats ... even extract MP3 from videos.  Click on the screenshot below to go to the Audiosmith homepage.

AudiosmithScreenshot.jpg?attredirects=0

Keep in mind that ODLC seem to be recorded at Audio Quality 4 ~ bitrate 128 kbps. Check the Log view for file comparison stats. There is also a mini audio player so you can hear before and after differences.

If all CDLC are still taking long to load in the game then you might benefit from running CGT, Game Saves, Sync feature to remove songs from your user profile (game save) that are no longer in the dlc folder. Follow my signature link to download CGT.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Whats New - Audiosmith v1.1.3

• Added tooltip to limit drag/drop files to maximum of 50 (use the 'Add' button to do more than 50 files)
  • Added 'Prevent Ballooning' to 'Settings' menu to prevent creating larger files than originals
  • New AutoUpdater feature with toolstrip menu checkbox to enable/disable AutoUpdater
  • Added checkbox 'PTA', to play and listen to either input or output (transcoded) files
  • Bug fixes and lib resource updates
  • Added EBU R128 loudness normalization (fixes audio that is too loud or too quite)
  • Transcode Rocskmith 2014 audio to other formats
  • Improved encoder methods
  • FFmpeg has its own installer package to reduce Audiosmith installer payload so that it is less than 20 megs and does not exceed GoogleSites limit

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Excellent, thx!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@cozy1 - hey man, excellent job.

Playing a CS song with annoying beepd audio track made me come back to you - as your tool has the very fitting name of audiosmith wouldnt it be great to add the functionality to be able to exchange the audio file also .... To

- add one with better quality or

- use the unrated version like in my case above

I know in the very easy way the audio would have to have the exact same lenght, but even that would be great for mostbof the time album tracks are used.

I don't know how deep you are into the audio processing, but of course syncing the start of the audio signal would be great.

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

• Developer

For CDLC's replacing one audio track with another even if they are the same length is no easy task.  It would be best to use toolkit to unpack and then reauthor with EOF, doing necessary track syncing to the new audio.  Thanks for the input.  GL

• Like 1

Yeah, the only problem is thatbwhen you dont have then notes file you loose a lot of tech notes stuff that has to be redone, but younare right - most probably it would ld lead to unsynced cdlcs in about all cases and thats to avoid.

Thx, you are really pushing the quality.

P.s. My ipad doesnt seem to like the way i push the space bar :(

• 4 months later...

Hi, thanks for your tool. I have an old dirsk drive for all the songs and the smaller the songs the fast the game loads :)

I have problems compressing the audio due to Audiokinect Wwise. I installed the default packages but It seems there are not enough. In order no to waste the space I'm saving compresing the songs, but will be the needed wwise requirements? the full SDK?

The error I'm having is (although I have just downloaed it from the web site):

-

System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Exception: Wwise audio file conversion failed: You have no compatible version of Audiokinetic Wwise installed.
Install Wwise v2013.2.x or v2014.1.x or even v2015.1.x series if you would like to use the toolkit OGG/WAV audio to Wwise WEM audio auto convert features.
-

Regards

Check out my blackened death metal project at http://sepulcration.bandcamp.com/

@@necronoid It says that your wwise version is wrong and it has no scripts to run conversion for you, Install specified version of wwise or w8 for 2016 support it's easy to implement tho, one thing is cozy should update toolkit lib dependency after and publish new version

@@necronoid It says that your wwise version is wrong and it has no scripts to run conversion for you, Install specified version of wwise or w8 for 2016 support it's easy to implement tho, one thing is cozy should update toolkit lib dependency after and publish new version

Yep, but which is the specified version for it? I downloaded it from their offical web page, and an automated installer did all the job. I understand somethiing is missing but do I have to install the complete SDK to run the software properly? 

So to save 15 megs for a song I have to use 500 to install and SDK?  :D  :D

Check out my blackened death metal project at http://sepulcration.bandcamp.com/

@@necronoid, no, you need only binaries with data files, and new 2015 and 2016 is damn small you no longer need that 200 mb install (even nowdays with 500 GB to 1-2 TB diskspace)

you can download older version using wwise installer you dl'ed from their site v2015.1.6 would work and v2015.1.4 too

• Developer

Follow Alex360 instructions from here to download and install Wwise.

If you really want to save space ... after you have transcoded CDLC with Audiosmith app to reduce file size you can uninstall the Wwise program completely.

BTW You can also install Wwise anywhere on you computer that has space for it.  It does not need to be with your CDLC.  Just be sure to use and follow the Wwise installer so that your custom Wwise installation gets log in the registry properly.  Otherwise, Audiosmith won't be able to find Wwise again and you will have same problem.

• Developer

one thing is cozy should update toolkit lib dependency after and publish new version

I don't think this is the problem here, but I will keep it in mind.

• 6 months later...
  • Developer

Need more info.  What is your input audio file type, e.g. mp3, ogg, etc?  What is your output file type, e.g. mp3, ogg, etc?  Have you white listed Audiosmith in your AV?  What OS, and AV are you using?

• 4 months later...
  • Developer

New release is here.

Audiosmith v1.0.8

• Added checkbox 'PTA', to play and listen to either input or output (transcoded) files
  • Bug fixes and lib resource updates
  • Added EBU R128 loudness normalization (fixes audio that is too loud or too quite)
  • Transcode Rocskmith 2014 audio to other formats

• Developer

@@cozy1 I'm curious about what reference did you used for the EBU R128 normalization level.

I use ffmepg CLI with a two pass method to do EBU R128 audio normalization in Audiosmith.  References are found here.

// EBU R128 First Pass
   var ebuPass1Args = " -af loudnorm=I=-16:TP=-1.5:LRA=11:print_format=json";
       ebuPass1Args += " -f null -"; //  2> " + "\"" + stdErr + "\"";

// EBU R128 Second Pass 
   var ebuPass2Args = " -af loudnorm=I=-16:TP=-1.5:LRA=11:measured_I=" + input_i +
      ":measured_LRA=" + input_lra + ":measured_TP=" + input_tp + ":measured_thresh=" + input_thresh +
      ":offset=" + target_offset + ":linear=" + txtLinear; // +":print_format=summary";

• Developer

@@cozy1 FYI oDLC are set to -12 LUFS and not -16

Do you have reference for that?

• Administrator

It's the result i've seen when using Voicemeeter as an output for RS. Could probably obtain better result about this by going a bit crazy with my installation to properly check the value used in RS though (unless i can find a way to attach a VST to my output easily..)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Developer

AES recommends -16 LUFS.  -12 LUFS is considered very loud/rude.   Do you have your amp set to '11'?  jk

• Administrator

@@cozy1 My system is calibrated for 79dB at -23LUFS (movie/home theater norm).

Note that i'll be happy to do extensive study of the audio level used in RS but with the fact that the toolkit can't import the volume adjustment settings from oDLC (unless they are all at -7 which would be weird as the wem file goes from -6LUFS to -14LUFS for those i've tested so far)

I know AES recommandation and i'm just reporting what i've seen on my setup.

Note that after some research voicemeeter indicator might have been shifted which would give RS being normalize around -23 since youtube was set to 0 which is -14 LUFS already. My bad there and i should have reacted about those number a bit sooner :)

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Developer

OSHA compliant

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy