Remove legit songs from song list

jephers0n

Question

21 answers to this question

Well, I feel as if the topic kind of sums it up, but, is it possible in any way to remove the original/legit songs off of the song list in the game? 

I tried something like you say: I temporarily moved the file containing all of the original songs ( if memory serves me correctly it is a big file called songs.psarc, contained in the main folder od the game ) to a different location.

My goal was to remove from the original list all the unwanted songs to keep it shorter.

The result was the songs album arts still showing themselves in game, but as inactive and If , running the songs list, I stopped for a little while on one of them, when normally the audio preview is played, the game freezed.

I tried also to unpack the file to see what I could do, but it resulted in a very large number of files, most of which were difficult to identify due to their name was not the name of the song but a number.

So I gave up ( at the moment )

• Like 1

I put a favorite on the songs I'm interested in and sort by favorites -- that pushes all the songs I'm not interested in to the bottom of the list.

The 'favorite' option is not what I am after. Waldo was bang on. My goal is to shorten my list, and take off the ones I otherwise would not play.

Well, the on disc songs don't show up in the dlc folder so I wouldn't know where to begin. I haven't looked that hard. I can tell you Rocksmith doesn't care about subfolders in the dlc folder, you can put songs by band or genre in your dlc folder in subfolders and easily move them to your desktop or something to shorten your in game list.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

It looks like all the on-disc stuff is packed into a single file -- my guess it's the songs.psarc file .... which is about a gigabyte in size. I suppose some intrepid soul might try to unpack that? But my guess is also that tinkering with that will seriously screw up your game.

What I do is put a favorite on all the songs I'm interested in and sort by favorites. That puts all those songs at the top of the list and the rest at the bottom where I never see it.

I put a favorite on the songs I'm interested in and sort by favorites -- that pushes all the songs I'm not interested in to the bottom of the list.

The 'favorite' option is not what I am after. Waldo was bang on. My goal is to shorten my list, and take off the ones I otherwise would not play.

Yes, I caught that. We'd all like to be able to shorten the list. I'm suggesting that since, after seven months, no one's figured this out, you might want to look into workarounds.

• Like 1

Yes, I caught that. We'd all like to be able to shorten the list. I'm suggesting that since, after seven months, no one's figured this out, you might want to look into workarounds.

Ok, seems that my head is a little stone-like, anyway I REALLY want to reach my goal.I've been walking on the snow with my feet naked till Russia, the place where the guys eat bread and hacking, but neither there I found an answer, so...should I find an alternate workaround? There is no alternate solution to me, I dream a "learn a song" list made of a dozen of songs I REALLY like and think are useful for my learning.Otherwise Rocksmith is to me just a messy wonderful music game.Time is by my side

"I tried also to unpack the file to see what I could do, but it resulted in a very large number of files, most of which were difficult to identify due to their name was not the name of the song but a number".

If We Do A Database, everybody could listen to 5 songs/Days & Report Here the Matching Between The Numbers & The Real Songs Names.

I'll Guess them as a Blind Test (More Fun) A Smartphone & shazam app can be Helpfull to identify the Songs otherwise.

The File Size told if it's a preview (500Kb)

Or The Song (2MB-7MB)

4621782 3 Doors Down - When I'm Gone

6997569 Preview: ?

7081554 The Knack - My Sharona

8718375 Megadeth - Public Enemy No. 1

9928188 Preview: The Offspring - Self Esteem

(List Sorted By Names to keep the sort order).

If We Do A Database, everybody could listen to 5 songs/Days & Report Here the Matching Between The Numbers & The Real Songs Names.

I'll Guess them as a Blind Test (More Fun) A Smartphone & shazam app can be Helpfull to identify the Songs otherwise.

The File Size told if it's a preview (500Kb)

Or The Song (2MB-7MB)

4621782 3 Doors Down - When I'm Gone

6997569 Preview: ?

7081554 The Knack - My Sharona

8718375 Megadeth - Public Enemy No. 1

9928188 Preview: The Offspring - Self Esteem

(List Sorted By Names to keep the sort order).

That would be good, but the matter is that removing the unwanted songs from the songs.psarc doesn't prevent 'em from showing in the list: you will not find anymore album art, neither preview, but the song still takes its place in the list and you can read the title, author, year etc.Moreover in some of my attempts the game freezed when I put the cursor on the "ghost" songI  guess somewhere it must be wrote which songs the game must load and where they are and I am almost sure the place is a file called pkgconfig.ini, packed in the static.psarc. Unfortunately that ini file is  encrypted ( I guess ), and I am not able to read it no way.Any idea?

That would be good, but the matter is that removing the unwanted songs from the songs.psarc doesn't prevent 'em from showing in the list: you will not find anymore album art, neither preview, but the song still takes its place in the list and you can read the title, author, year etc.Moreover in some of my attempts the game freezed when I put the cursor on the "ghost" songI  guess somewhere it must be wrote which songs the game must load and where they are and I am almost sure the place is a file called pkgconfig.ini, packed in the static.psarc. Unfortunately that ini file is  encrypted ( I guess ), and I am not able to read it no way.Any idea?

In a First Time I'll just Try To Remove The Unwanted Songs To Win Space (Replacing Them With Light Dummy Files (Silence).

& Replace the Covers With One I'll Do.

Ok, seems that my head is a little stone-like, anyway I REALLY want to reach my goal. I've been walking on the snow with my feet naked till Russia, the place where the guys eat bread and hacking, but neither there I found an answer, so...should I find an alternate workaround? There is no alternate solution to me, I dream a "learn a song" list made of a dozen of songs I REALLY like and think are useful for my learning. Otherwise Rocksmith is to me just a messy wonderful music game. Time is by my side

Well you aren't the only one desiring all those songs we hate and we would never touch not even with a bill in exchange.The only thing that is left to do is to ask in ubisof forums if they would release a new RS ,they packed the songs in single chunks and ad and option to remove all the songs included by default or at least to not show up all the hating ones anymore.

• Developer

See this thread here it may help you.  Gives new meaning to the random ten digit (r10n.wem) files.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Bump; just in case someone else may have figured it out

Looking for information on another topic I found this post. If you still couldn't remove all the files (or some) from the list, I know how to do it. The only way I found needs to follow a few simple steps with the CustomsForgeSongManager program. Let me know if you're still interested in knowing how to do it. Greetings.