CustomsForge Rollback

• Administrator

I want to apologize to all of our users and thank you for all your patience during this time.

Unfortunately due to the database issues of the current Ignition beta we had to revert back and undo the migration.

The migration to AWS has been cancelled and we rolled back to right before the migration.

All services should remain up and if anything we'll be working on optimizing our services. 

We will NOT be attempting any more migrations.

The problem we ran into is that ignition uses large MySQL queries that are not suited for anything below a 6-core CPU. 

AWS only provides 4 and 8 cores. Upgrading to an 8 core (which would cost us $200+ more) just because of bad code is a terrible idea.

CustomsForge has a very complex setup and it's very hard to transition it to new servers. We thought we did enough testing but the servers could not handle the load at all.

We decided we'll be focusing entirely on IgnitionFUSE and fixing minor bugs in our other searches, but not rewriting old services.

Thanks everyone for using CustomsForge and everything should be back to normal.

• Like 9

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

I clicked in here hoping that the old Customs Forge Search was being resurrected because I was very happy with how it worked. I just can't get past the colors and the font choice for Ignition, it's barely readable. Please if possible bring back a black text, white background with a readable web font like Open Sans, Arial or Futura.

• Like 6

I totaly share beyondtools opinion on this... i also noticed that songs that I saw for the first time days ago are still in bold letters although I visited the site several times since then. Please also bring back the fast filter system like in the old search... just bring back the old search:-) it was so fast, easy to use and also easy on the eyes...

• Like 4

I totaly share beyondtools opinion on this... i also noticed that songs that I saw for the first time days ago are still in bold letters although I visited the site several times since then. Please also bring back the fast filter system like in the old search... just bring back the old search:-) it was so fast, easy to use and also easy on the eyes...

I concur.