RS Camera problems....

mrmaton

Question

My chart has 6 sections, DDC puts in 2-bar phrases, yet I'm seeing some really weird camera zooming almost half way through the largest section.

All Fret Hand Positions for these phrases are set at the 1st & 2nd fret, yet in the video you see the camera jump out of position at about the 15 second mark. It drifts from 1st/2nd fret anchor and zooms back to view 24+ frets while all the action is going on down near the nut.

The puzzling thing is, there are highlighted lanes from 27s-34s expecting something to happen on frets 15-18, but there is nothing on them, never has been.

Why does it think there is something going on up there???

Any ideas? Seen this behavior before?

Thanks for any advise.

11 answers to this question

Do you have the same problem without DD ?

I used DDC within the toolkit to create phrases, so without DD I just get the fully zoomed out view - No movement whatsoever with the camera. 

Did you try to add a few more sections in your project ?

No, the only thing I did was change their name once or twice... 

Can you share the XML file generated by EOF (PART REAL...xml) ?

Latest (un-DDC'd) .XML here.

Before investigating more deeply about your issue :

1) Download the last release of the Toolkit (DDC v2.2)

2) Some notes and chords are in offset time position

The log of DDC, displayed the following warnings :

- Notes      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 22.272 -> 22.274      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 37.471 -> 37.472      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 48.958 -> 48.973      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 60.539 -> 60.546      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 80.418 -> 80.430      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 92.449 -> 92.452      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 117.158 -> 117.159      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 125.350 -> 125.353      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 137.801 -> 137.803      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 145.657 -> 145.673      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 149.596 -> 149.597      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 157.566 -> 157.567      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 161.797 -> 161.798      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 165.940 -> 165.941      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 186.497 -> 186.500      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 202.869 -> 202.885      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 206.970 -> 206.971      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 235.372 -> 235.378      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 243.464 -> 243.473      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 256.023 -> 256.027      ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 273.307 -> 273.309      => 159 ms    - Chords      ==> WARNING : Chord Time Correction : 178.313 -> 178.324      ==> WARNING : Chord Time Correction : 251.894 -> 251.895      ==> WARNING : Chord Time Correction : 281.392 -> 281.393      => 62 ms

These warnings indicate that the time position of these notes are near the main beat of the next measure, but just before in regard of their time position.

For example, the first note is placed at "22.272" sec but should be placed at "22.274" which is the start time position of the nearest beat.

To correct this :

- Open your EOF project

- Set the grid snap at 64 of a beat ([Edit][Grid Snap][Custom])

- Select all notes in the arrangement ([Edit][selection][select All])

- Resnap the notes and chords to the nearest 64th of a beat ([Note][Resnap]

- Save your EOF project

- Generate DD with the new XML file

OK, wow... what a difference - and unfortunately, not in a good way :(

First, I don't know what's different about the toolkit/DDC in the latest release, but this time it only gave me 23 phrases compared to last times 37 (roughly every 2 bars) - This new one has almost no consistency with some really long phrases and some really short ones - don't know if my naming of the sections is to blame but this is completely different...

Re: the camera - last time the camera man was having issues focusing, this time the camera man had left the building!! Very little camera movement compared to last version and a lot of time spent zoomed all the way out - possibly larger phrases to blame?

Also chord box display problems were introduced with the new version - say a section was highlighting frets 12-15 and the next section went down to frets 5-8, the notes appeared at the 5-8 position but the highlighted lanes stayed up at the 12-15th frets and the chord box was also named and placed at the 12th fret as well... This happens quite a few times....

Bandwidth permitting, I can put video runs of both versions up if you'd like, or give you both .psarc files (pre & post Toolkit update)...

Also, there were still some timing issues with the DD log after the EoF resnap:

- Notes	  ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 48.958 -> 48.973	  ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 80.415 -> 80.430	  ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 145.658 -> 145.673	  ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 202.869 -> 202.885	  ==> WARNING : Note Time Correction : 243.457 -> 243.473	  => 65 ms    - Chords	  ==> WARNING : Chord Time Correction : 178.308 -> 178.324	  => 25 ms

So, all in all, it looked much better with smaller/more phrases... But there seems to be some other introduced issues as well with the latest toolkit version :wacko:

1) About the new phrases

In the last release of DDC, I added a new functionality which protects the sequences of linked notes to not be disrupted by a new phrase.

Unfortunately, this new mechanism has a little bug which protect some measures which are not linked with the following. That's why some new phrases are longer than the others.

About phrases, DDC create them automatically based on the "phrase length" parameter and the existing sections (this default behaviour is generally sufficient for mostly CDLCs).

When the song is more complex in its structure, you can define yourself the phrases in EOF. So you can have a sequence of phrases with variable lengths. You just need to do it carefully to create phrases iterations which contain the same pattern of notes and chords. Then you just need to set the "Phrase length" parameter of DDC to a value higher than the maximum length of your own phrases otherwise DDC will divide your phrases if possible.

2) About your Camera issue

At "214.534" time position, you have a chord which contains only two open notes (chordId="15" in the XML file).

The associated anchor has a fret position equals to "7" and the previous anchor is correctly placed on the fret "1".

It seems that this specific chord generates a problem about its anchor position.

Could you share your EOF project ?

I probably should have deleted/regenerated the hand positions after the resnap....

Just looking at it now, 40+ of them are mere milliseconds out which raises EoF's warning on save message(s)....

The phrase thing is something I'm unfamiliar with - i.e. how to do manually...

I actually loved the fact DDC made so many evenly spaced phrases on its own and all I had to do was provide the sections...

Which brings me to my song choice, it's not really a song, it's an instrumental. So other than a couple of chords and riffs that repeat a few times, the majority of it is all Solo. I struggled trying to figure out what to call the sections given EoF's "Many" choices, simply because the Tab just uses Letter Names to define sections. So it's a bit more abstract than a standard song format with verse/chorus sections that are identical each time.

Anyways, I'm happy to let you have the project... do you mean the project folder (with everything in it), or just the .eof file???

Did this ever get worked out? I'm having my own issues with phrases and sections, so I was researching around the site and found this thread interesting.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

I'm still working on it, but as we've discussed, I'm inserting sections as a means to break up the song in RR so it can be learnt in smaller pieces (mostly 2-bar sections).

The camera works a little better, but still not as focused as I would like it to.

It may just be the nature of the piece with the majority of it jumping between the 5th & 12th fret, there may not be enough time concentrated in one area for the camera to zoom in and stabilize.

I've opted for inserting phrases for the track at the same time as I insert sections, none of my sections are more than 2-bars long and with DDC left at the 2-bar phrase default, it hasn't tried to break them up any more.

What's your issue(s)? ;)