OS, cable, guitar?

smoothnotion

Question

Some day ago as i started Rocksmith it made the whole computer froze at the select profile screen. After i restarted and returned to game the tone of the guitar changed to somewhat like dull or more distorted, any song i play in any pickup with any tone, its different, i just feel it, i know it wasn't like this. Also i can feel a slight change outside Rocksmith when i just listen to music, its little blunt or dull so i tried to update my soundcard and videocard driver which didn't help. I just want to be sure its not my Rocksmith real tone cable which caused the problem, How do i know? i guess im sure its not the guitar... So what if i reinstall the OS (Win7) and the problem still exist?

Thank you

3 answers to this question

Sometimes it's just noise in power source or em noise from outside, usually OS has nothing to do with it, also I've notice that gain in RS changes from time to time(maybe it's about starting volume lvls or clock\temperature issue) anyway you could try to calibrate in-game and maybe you've applied EQ effect on your soundcard? if it's affect whole system then it's surely not a RS issue. worst case is when you have bad devices(but that in case you've got very cheap stuff and very cheap&old stuff so IDK, if you feel like "let's reinstall the OS"(again) then go ahead and try with live-cd(usb) of it.

Just a wild guess,but try to restore your default settings maybe? I had familiar issues before,and that kinda solve the problem for me.(not sure if it will solve your one,but just try it)

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

Not sure it fits your description, but if all the playback sound is affected (I.e. all music you hear, ingame or outside, in addition to the processed sound of your instrument), would mean you have an issue with your soundcard. There is a whole range of defects you may experience, but as you hear sound coming from your speaker - and not a ring modulator - I would first check if the sample rate is set at 48khz for both soundcard and realtone cable. Also, check your driver options, if you have eq, 3d spatialiser or other gadgets : turn all of those off.