CDLC creation without gp file

Lannister9226

Question

Hey guys!

I've been thinking about to make some CDLC songs, but many of them don't have (or I couldn't find) tab files, and as I watched the tutorial, it is a have to have part of the making process. I've already searched the forum, but no one else had this question (or I searched it wrong).

Anyway, if you could help me, how to make the song without the tab file (I have tab, but not in gpx format), I'll would be really thankful.

5 answers to this question

You would use the keyboard and/or mouse to place notes on strings (similar to using a piano roll style of MIDI editor) and define the fret numbers using keyboard shortcuts or dialog functions like "Edit pro guitar note" or "Edit frets/fingering". The tutorials in EOF's help menu describe this a bit, give them a look and let me know if you have any specific questions. I always recommend using Rex Mundi input method (File>Preferences), that way you can efficiently use both hands to author notes (the number keys 1 through 6 are used to turn a gem on/off on the the relevant string, at the position where the mouse is).

I assume you will be creating the tab by ear? One of the things I have found useful is to have a metronome track. I don't use GP6, I use TuxGuitar so maybe it's there already. If not, I add a track with eight notes that only play a closed high hat. Since many of the songs I tab are off tempo, I find it's very useful for complicated patterns.

L

• Administrator

GP6 have a metronome function to avoid adding a useless track i there. EOF can also have a metronome but it will depend on the beatmap that you have to manage yourself.

Easier is really dependent on how familiar you are with the tools themself. GP6 is think for authoring but EOF allows for a different kind of construction that can be useful on some occasion. I like to mix both when i tab by hear but it's really up to you to find a working flow that works for you.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I could make this by my ear, if I'd be a master guitarist :D No, I've found an accord tab, which shows where to play them with the lyrics (Here: http://www.e-chords.com/chords/one-piece/kokoro-no-chizu ).

Oh, and to make my work easier, I've found (It hink, and I heard) the best sheet music for this (Here: http://www.sheethost.com/sheet/fRei33 )

If you think, I could link the gp file I prgressed so far.