Regenerating parts of a DLC

lduperval

Question

Hi,

I am writing a DLC and testing it piecemeal. That means that I do a bunch of measures, create a DLC with it to make sure I'm on the right track, then go back to continue the song. Well, for some reason, the new notes and measures don't show up.

What do I have to do in order to regenerate? Do I have to redo it from scratch every time? I tried deleting the WEM and WAV files and reloading the ogg file to get the new data, but that doesn't seem to work.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

L

6 answers to this question

My guess would be that you need to remove and re-import the arrangements in the Toolkit. The toolkit might use a cached version of the arrangements, though I'm not 100% sure on that. Or you may be using the wrong .xml (i.e. if PART_REAL_GUITAR_22 is your lead arrangement, make sure you set it that way in the Toolkit).

If you're using DD, you'll also need to regenerate DD with the DDC tool. EoF only saves/updates the original PART_REAL_GUITAR etc. xml files, not the ones that DDC creates.

There is no data being stored within the .wav, .ogg or .wem, since those are just audio files. No need to delete them and recreate them, really.

This almost goes without saying, but make sure you've saved the project in EoF after you've made the new changes. :D

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Ah, probably. I'll try removing and reimporting the arrangement. It's bass only so no rush of importing the wrong one. I did check EoF and the information is there.

Reimporting shirt if defeats the purpose of saving the project template, though, if changing the EoF data requires redoing all of the steps. But I'll see tonight.

Thanks,

L

Ah, probably. I'll try removing and reimporting the arrangement. It's bass only so no rush of importing the wrong one. I did check EoF and the information is there.

Reimporting shirt if defeats the purpose of saving the project template, though, if changing the EoF data requires redoing all of the steps. But I'll see tonight.

Thanks,

L

Well, you would only have to re-import the arrangement xml, assuming I'm correct. The rest the rest of the fields can be left alone after loading your template

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

So, I tried reloading the arrangement, deleting the WEM and WAV files to force regeneration of the notes, and it still does not seem to take into account the new changes I have added.

I'm not sure what to do except to start over from scratch. :/ There is something I don't understand, evidently.

L