EoF saving backups as .BAK instead of .eof

manchot66

@@manchot66 - I think this intentional, and a pretty common way of dealing with backups. If you want to use them (on Windows 10), there's an option in the File Explorer somewhere for "Hide extensions for known file types" (I found this quite easily by going to "Settings" then searching for "Extension"). If you uncheck that, you can then change the file extension from .bak to .eof and things will work.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

It's to prevent the backup files from being opened on accident.  In EOF when you go to open a project file, you can type *.* or *.bak in the file name field and hit enter and EOF will show these backup files and you can then open one of them.

• Like 1

Lost how? If EOF crashed or was ended by force (ie. task manager or computer shut off), you can check the "temp" subfolder in EOF's program folder. All the save states that existed before EOF was terminated will be there. You could sort by modified and open them up similarly to the backup files (enter *.* or *.undo in the file name field and hit enter).

• Like 1

@@raynebc

Thanks, I'll give the temp folder a try.  I was quick saving the whole time I was using EoF on my latest project and shut down everything normally.  When I came back and loaded the 'notes' file, it didn't save any of my work.  It could be on my end.  I get a lot of problems when switching between headphones and speakers in the audio jack.  That has a tendency to crash EoF and GP5 for some reason.  Only time I've ever encountered this, so I don't think it's EoF, imo.

Checked the temp folder and all my current song's files were saved there, i.e. ogg, wav, eof, bak, xml, etc.  Loaded up the notes file and all my work is there.  I'm not sure why it was saving to the temp folder and not the song's folder.  Maybe I fucked that up somehow.  Anyway, didn't lose any of my work so that's awesome.  Going to move files from temp to song folder and see if it saves as normal now.

Thanks again!