Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 21

Joey

Aww don't give up. It threw me for a loop at first but then u just ignored the actual chord names and just played what it shows on the screen and that worked perfect for me. Being that it is in alternate tuning those are the real chords that you are playing. Just pretend that you are using a capo but without the capo.Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I went back through the song after a couple Rocksmith reboots to make certain...  the volume drops right off in a couple spots later in the song, and notes stop appearing on the scroll way for one section also.

I hope you get a good one this week Krazyone :) I'll use this week to hopefully put up Knights of Cydonia on the tube and start working on Unnatural Selection.

LoL   I am upping my Knights of Cydonia already. I had a nice streak playing blind in Master Mode, even though I only scored 95%.

I removed that part of the rules as we are very relaxed here and don't want to limit people in playing songs. Some songs are easier to play than others and to be pushed into a difficulty that one may not be comfortable playing in is unfair. Everyone may choose what difficulty they want to play in. If a song is too difficult for someone they aren't forced to play it just because they are in that "level". We will still recommend people to play in certain difficulties though. I myself am playing the MC song this week even though I no where near think of myself as masterclass material. I tend to go up and down depending on the songs that area picked. Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I actually like to use the system for up and downlevelling to see where I belong. I understand that the difficulty changes per week but still.. I would like to have that returned in the rules, because I definitely forget the percentages. Maybe you can put that it is just a guide you don't have to follow very strict?If nobody else feels the same as I do then I will write those percentages down for myself, and they don't need to be returned in the rules of course

Starting to think I need to be in a section below beginner!  Really dislike this song after 1 day of playing it don't think I could face playing it all week:(

I didn't like it much either Kashmir is harder on guitar then bass though, I don't know if your a Zep fan or not but at least you would be learning some Zep riffs. :-)

It's good to know that everyone I idolize at one time or another in their career was where I am right now.

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

Starting to think I need to be in a section below beginner!  Really dislike this song after 1 day of playing it don't think I could face playing it all week:(

I didn't like it much either Kashmir is harder on guitar then bass though, I don't know if your a Zep fan or not but at least you would be learning some Zep riffs. :smile:

Love the song...but I think I need to dislocate my little finger just to make the first chord :-P

• Like 1

I removed that part of the rules as we are very relaxed here and don't want to limit people in playing songs. Some songs are easier to play than others and to be pushed into a difficulty that one may not be comfortable playing in is unfair. Everyone may choose what difficulty they want to play in. If a song is too difficult for someone they aren't forced to play it just because they are in that "level". We will still recommend people to play in certain difficulties though. I myself am playing the MC song this week even though I no where near think of myself as masterclass material. I tend to go up and down depending on the songs that area picked.Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I actually like to use the system for up and downlevelling to see where I belong. I understand that the difficulty changes per week but still..I would like to have that returned in the rules, because I definitely forget the percentages. Maybe you can put that it is just a guide you don't have to follow very strict?If nobody else feels the same as I do then I will write those percentages down for myself, and they don't need to be returned in the rules of course

I have to agree I like to push myself, some weeks I may succeed and others I may not but this week I chose intermediate  so that's all I will play in now. Maybe if you enter in a higher class you can't enter in a class lower that week. That way if intermediate or master is just out of your reach that week you can still drop back. I think beginner should be restricted to those who have never entered master class. Just a thought.

It's good to know that everyone I idolize at one time or another in their career was where I am right now.

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

i see that some people have problems keeping the songs maxed out (purple). 

If you enter RR, select the whole song, turn the difficulty to 100% and turn of level up. It will stay that way until you change it manually.  (Thats what i think anyway. Read it somewhere and it have worked for me.)

Thanks guys.  November Rain is really pretty easy on bass.

Is it possible to have 2 different categories, 1 for guitar, one for bass?  Kashmir was actually tougher on bass than November Rain, Kashmir has a lot that is off-beat.

Most of the time the songs are pretty well spot on both guitar / bass performance wise, but this one wasn't.

Wife came home today and took me shopping for my birth day bought me a used Ibanez TRB 70, this is my first run with it after a little warm up.

Posted Image

• Like 1

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

Here's my first try for the week. Very catchy song IMO. Probably going to try some Kashmir this week.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2d7ui6x.jpg

Edit: This will probably be my final entry for this week on this song. 

http://i61.tinypic.com/2a0m9z5.jpg

Edit 2: Added spoiler tags since I've got like 3 images in this post...

Here's my first run at Kashmir(after learning some of the odd chord shapes.)

http://i62.tinypic.com/35a2kah.jpg

Kashmir #2(I'm going to just stop editing after this one and wait until I get what I want to be my final...sorry guys)

http://i60.tinypic.com/10424iv.jpg