Dynamic Difficulty Creator

First off Chlipouni, I love the DDC!  I wouldn't even make CDLC if it wasn't available, so a big THANKS!

Simple question though......  When I use the DDC through RST, and I check the box for generating a log file, where does that log file end up?  I never can seem to find what directory it was generated in.

Hi RLWJR,

In the Toolkit, you can use DDC with either :

- a package (.psarc file)

- an XML file of an arrangement ("PART REAL_GUITAR_RS2.xml" for example)

The log file is only visible in the second case (one log file for each arrangement).

Do not hesitate to ask about the content of the log file (there are many useful informations in it)

@@RLWJR, This feature for xml files only for now, but I can add log files for package, output would be at "DDC_Log/%PackageName%"

Hi Alex,

This could be very useful !

Do not forget that there are several log files for one package (one file for each arrangement) ...

Thanks

@@RLWJR, @@Chlipouni, All done, toolkit updated.

Thank you Alex360!

Shouldn't the v2.6.1.0 be officially released? I mean it's been a lot of fixes/updates since v2.6.0.0 and plenty of people are still using that old version.

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

@@TimeIsFading, Its not time yet. I need to add few more fixes and features, like custom lyrics and Separate audio tracks for those guys who wants use different audio sources with no guitar or with no bass 4 example.

Chlipouni, there's a bug in DDC 2.4 where the chord sustains are not always drawn to their correct lengths, and have their lives cut tragically short. I've uploaded a rar file with the no DD xml (where the chord sustain is correct), the DD xml and the log file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zon4yhchlqqdcb7/chordsustains%20ddc.rar

It's the first two and the fifth chords (00:05-00:13 seconds, 00:13- 00:16:50s (approx) and 00:20:80s-00:28:70s (approx)).

Could you look into it?

Chlipouni, there's a bug in DDC 2.4 where the chord sustains are not always drawn to their correct lengths, and have their lives cut tragically short. I've uploaded a rar file with the no DD xml (where the chord sustain is correct), the DD xml and the log file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zon4yhchlqqdcb7/chordsustains%20ddc.rar

It's the first two and the fifth chords (00:05-00:13 seconds, 00:13- 00:16:50s (approx) and 00:20:80s-00:28:70s (approx)).

Could you look into it?

@@SmellyOrc,

There are only a few chords with a sustain higher than "0.000" and they are correctly kept by DDC (time : 86.920, 87,660, 95.801, 179.683, 180,423).

Are you sure that you shared the good XML file ?

Thanks

Yes, I'm sure I've sent the correct XML files. I looked at both of them, and indeed the one made by EoF does not have the sustain either, but it's shown in game properly.

I've made an image of my eof project:

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/33450/68a5f9334491030.jpg

I take it that the first two chords should have a sustain in the XML, and therefore it's probably a bug in EoF, even though EoF's output shows correct in RS2014, but the DD version does not show the chord sustain properly?

Yes, I'm sure I've sent the correct XML files. I looked at both of them, and indeed the one made by EoF does not have the sustain either, but it's shown in game properly.

I've made an image of my eof project:

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/33450/68a5f9334491030.jpg

I take it that the first two chords should have a sustain in the XML, and therefore it's probably a bug in EoF, even though EoF's output shows correct in RS2014, but the DD version does not show the chord sustain properly?

OK, I see your problem now :
 - when two adjacent measures have no notes inside, DDC creates an empty phrase automatically (in your case, the measures 2, 3 and 4 are merged into an empty phrase)
 - it is not a bug of DDC v2.4, but an internal logic of the phrases creation process (since the first releases of DDC)

I will study how to take in consideration the sustains of notes to prevent this.

Hey guys, thanks for the tool, works great when I try it on bass. However, I was testing it on lead of one of my songs today, which has a focus on dead notes and chords off the beat, and unfortunately with the default arrangement the lower difficulties (about 50% and below) were focused entirely the dead notes on the beat rather than the root notes of the chord off of the beat. Is there a way to make DDC focus on them (is that what chord protector is for?), or is this a slippery issue than that? Alternately, am I missing something else? That's definitely possible given that I just started formatting stuff for DDC this weekend so my stuff probably isn't in ideal shape just yet.

The file in question: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ox9wrpgc1fixfp/AACXcQex7lBeEuq0IQnQiMa-a/Alright

I've always got the multitracks.

Hey guys, thanks for the tool, works great when I try it on bass. However, I was testing it on lead of one of my songs today, which has a focus on dead notes and chords off the beat, and unfortunately with the default arrangement the lower difficulties (about 50% and below) were focused entirely the dead notes on the beat rather than the root notes of the chord off of the beat. Is there a way to make DDC focus on them (is that what chord protector is for?), or is this a slippery issue than that? Alternately, am I missing something else? That's definitely possible given that I just started formatting stuff for DDC this weekend so my stuff probably isn't in ideal shape just yet.The file in question: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ox9wrpgc1fixfp/AACXcQex7lBeEuq0IQnQiMa-a/Alright

Generate the DD directly on the XML file of arrangements and the checkbox "Generate log" checked.Open the log file and check if there are warnings in the beginning of the file.You may need to resnap the notes and chords in EOF before generating again the DD.

• 3 weeks later...
  Update v2.5 (05/07/2014)
  - New process to merge all levels of existing Dynamic Difficulty if the "transcriptionTrack" tag is empty.
  - Notes and chords sustain are now considered if they overlap two or more measures (prevent the creation of empty phrases which break the handshapes length).
  - Fixed bug : DDC error when the number of chordNodes is lower than the number of frets defined in the chordTemplate
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

may be a stupid question, but would i be able to take CDLC songs i already downloaded and use them in this to make them have dynamic difficulty? ive got a bunch of songs i wanna learn but ive only been playing for about 2 weeks so i still suck/die as soon as it gets remotely fast lol

Sorry for the noob question, but I am trying a CDLC for the first time and it is sending all the notes and chords of the song to me.  I'm used to it just sending me a few notes  and no chords for my other songs.   So I'm thinking that this tool is what I need to fix that right?  I need it to Dynamically set the difficulty for me 1-19 and then I need to repack everything?   Or is this tool not what I think it is.  I'm just looking for a way to dumb down these songs until I improve.  Is this the tool to do that?  I'm wondering why all the CDLCs don't already do that for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I get a strange result with DDC: a pull-off when the previous note is a note without a fret. For instance, highest difficulty is 0h3p0 and DDC makes 0p0 from this on a lower difficulty. This isn't possible to play, is it? :) (I'm not that good so i might be overlooking something!). I suggest that DDC should look backwards with pull-offs to look if the previous note is played on a fret or not.

Not sure if this makes any sense, my guitar lingo isn't that up to scratch.

All 'my' CDLC's are free to be improved upon and re-released by anybody. Constructive comments are welcome as well :)

Sometimes I get a strange result with DDC: a pull-off when the previous note is a note without a fret. For instance, highest difficulty is 0h3p0 and DDC makes 0p0 from this on a lower difficulty. This isn't possible to play, is it? :) (I'm not that good so i might be overlooking something!). I suggest that DDC should look backwards with pull-offs to look if the previous note is played on a fret or not.

Not sure if this makes any sense, my guitar lingo isn't that up to scratch.

Yes, this is a limit of DDC.

This may be a good improvement for a next release ... 

Thank you

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@@Chlipouni I have noticed that in your Wizard custom something with DD is not right. On the top where the DD bars are there should be below those bars a bright blue bar be that does run dynamically through the song

Here in this video you can see what i mean with a bright blue bar

In your wizard song that bar does not flow dynamically, i also have the same problem with my customs that i cant get that bar to flow dynamically. There is something that we do wrong with how we call sections and phrases.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy