Dynamic Difficulty Creator

@@firekorn,

Thank you for the detailed description of this issue.

I think that I can change DDC behaviour to correctly manage the leading silence.

I noticed that EOF never sets the "offset" and "centOffset" XML tags (they are setted in ODLCs).

Do you know if these tags have a role to play in this issue ?

Thanks

• Developer

"offset" probably doesn't do anything. In any case, the Toolkit sets it correctly in the manifest files even if it's not set in the XML.

"centOffset" definitely isn't related to this issue.

• Like 1

• Administrator

Regarding the offset, in fact the issue in EOF is multiple regarding the xml, the start beat should be at 0 and the offset value should be the negative off the actual start beat value to be true to oDLC file @@raynebc

Not sure if that will help @@Chlipouni though and i have no idea if the toolkit does anything sensitive with it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I tried to modify DDC logic in order to allow the first beat to be on higher time position than "0.000".

The result package works in RS2014, but I have the following strange behaviours :

- The first phrase can be selected in the Riff Repeater, and I can change the DD Level for this phrase, but the purple box isn't displayed anymore !

- The first anchor of this phrase starts at the 15th fret, but the camera position is blocked on the first fret !

first-phrase-issue.jpg

You can download the project here : Test - Test

- In the EOF subfolder, you can find the EOF project

- In the Toolkit subfolder, there is the "REAL PART_REAL_GUITAR_RS2.xml" file generated with DDC v3.6 (not yet released)

I need help to discover what is going wrong ...

Thanks

• Developer

An arrangement needs to start with an empty phrase, otherwise that will happen. EOF creates one called "COUNT" but the actual name doesn't matter.

There is not a free beat for EOF to create the phrase in your project.

In the PART_REAL_GUITAR_RS2.xml with DD there is a COUNT phrase but there is not a phrase iteration for it.

• Like 1

• Administrator

EOF always had a warning regarding the lack of count phrase in project and it shouldn't be ignored. A good working project won't have any warning in EOF as far as i'm aware.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Developer

It probably wouldn't be very hard for me to change the RS export behavior so that the first beat starts at 0s and the offset tag is written. Let me know if it's actually useful for me to do this for the toolkit's sake though.

The first beat should be where it is, not at 0s. As for offset, might as well write it, in the case that a future update to the game suddenly requires it to be correct in the SNG file.  :)

It probably wouldn't be very hard for me to change the RS export behavior so that the first beat starts at 0s and the offset tag is written. Let me know if it's actually useful for me to do this for the toolkit's sake though.

Thank you, for now, I am trying to manage all possible cases in DDC.

The first beat should be where it is, not at 0s. As for offset, might as well write it, in the case that a future update to the game suddenly requires it to be correct in the SNG file.  :)

I think that I will force the "0.000" added measure only if the project doesn't contain the first empty phrase.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@@Chlipouni Found an interesting bug in DDC.

I have an xml file for which the resulting DD have a phrase with 37 levels after generation which cause the toolkit to bug out when generating the package (since the game don't handle more than 30 level anyway, the toolkit isn't quite the problem here).

You can find the original XML and the DD one here :

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2d1d0RG1Ua2dsX1k?usp=sharing

Note that i use the "keep all level" configuration because this give more granular result in the number of level generated and it's the first time i had that issue but it might be nice to have DDC not creating a file that can't work with the game.

One specificity is that this specific phrase is quite long too (though DDC had the phrase length set to 16), it's partially a mistake on my part as i forgot to cut that section a bit more but still not a situation that should be reachable in any case.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

From 0 to level 29, above RS will always level you down back to level 29 when you play it which makes it impossible to play at full difficulty.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Developer

@@Chlipouni Is it possible to set the desired number of DD levels from within DDC?

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@cozy1,

The default XML file that defines the ramp-up model has 24 levels.

Since DDC v3.4 each level is internally splitted in two sub-levels (one for odd measures and another one for even measures).

Then, the maximum number of levels with this configuration is 2 * 24 = 48.

If you define an XML file with only 15 levels, you are constrained to a maximum of 30 levels.

As the real number of levels in a phrase is defined by the quantity of notes and their position inside a measure, it is not possible to ask for DDC to generate a predefined number of levels.

The next version of DDC will limit the maximum levels to 30 whatever the configuration used by the user.

• Developer

@Chlipouni  Thanks for this: "If you define an XML file with only 15 levels, you are constrained to a maximum of 30 levels."

So if I want to limit the ddc_default.xml to 15 levels for use with toolkit/CFSM, which ones would you recommend removing?  A link to a modified ddc_default.xml file would be appreciated.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@Chlipouni  Thanks for this: "If you define an XML file with only 15 levels, you are constrained to a maximum of 30 levels."

So if I want to limit the ddc_default.xml to 15 levels for use with toolkit/CFSM, which ones would you recommend removing?  A link to a modified ddc_default.xml file would be appreciated.

I am going to prepare it and share it as soon as possible ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Update v3.6 : (02/12/2018)
 - The "offset" property is now setted if the first beat starts after 0.000
 - New "maxMeasuresPerPhrase" parameter to disable the automatic phrase creation process based on the average number of measures per input phrase
 - Fixed bug : A new beat was always added at time 0.000
 - Fixed bug : A COUNT phrase iteration was always added at time 0.000
 - Fixed bug : The time position of the last noguitar section was always adjusted
 - Fixed bug : The maximum number of generated DD levels wasn't limited to 30

Major improvements are :

1) DDC now allows that the first beat has a time position greater than 0.000 second.

A new beat is still added at time position 0.000 only if the first empty phrase is missing.

2) The maximum number of DD levels is limited to 30 levels whatever the ramp-up model used

3) The new phrase creation process is automatically disabled based on the average number of measures per phrase iterations

A new parameter is added in the config file ("maxMeasuresPerPhrase").

If the average measures per phrase is lower than this threshold, then no new phrase will be created (splitted) by DDC.

The empty phrases identification feature is also concerned by this improvement.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

@@Snake3169,

Can you share the xml file that generates the issue with DDC v3.6 ?

If you have found a bug, it is better to fix it instead of using an older release of DDC.

Some bugs may appear due to new features in EOF and may also affect older versions.

Thank you a lot

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy