Dynamic Difficulty Creator

Can you provide a simple example EOF project file? I authored that example (an arrangement ending in an A6 single note linked to an A6 single note that unpitched slides to fret 2) and EOF exported both single notes:

<note time="3.750" string="1" fret="6" sustain="0.250" linkNext="1" />
        <note time="4.000" string="1" fret="6" sustain="0.750" slideUnpitchTo="2" />

Can you provide a simple example EOF project file? I authored that example (an arrangement ending in an A6 single note linked to an A6 single note that unpitched slides to fret 2) and EOF exported both single notes:

<note time="3.750" string="1" fret="6" sustain="0.250" linkNext="1" />
        <note time="4.000" string="1" fret="6" sustain="0.750" slideUnpitchTo="2" />

You can use the following EOF project : Project

I just presumed it was DDC as I have only noticed missing last notes from linknexts since I started using DDC for Remastered customs.

I looked at some XMLs today and I cannot find anything missing from EoF generated files, the 6th fret linknext is there even without a dummy ghost note in use.

I do note that the 6th fret linknext note (unpitched slide) is not present in the XML after DDC processing in one of the DDC levels.  I have no idea how DDC XMLs work but basically the note is present in line 3918 of the supplied DDC XML, but not present after line 9055.  So DDC is separating these two notes in some way.

Like I say I no idea how DDC XMLs work, I am simply observing.

Here are some files

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyMlV3bGhwcGRwQ3c/view?usp=sharing

I have a workaround now if it happens again.  I just thought that some more files might be useful to find the reason.

Edit -------------------------------------------------------------

I did some more messing around and I found something more interesting.  Here are some more files.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2oZs0ta32KyMjRkTFNZUXZtNTQ/view?usp=sharing

What's interesting is that the DDC results are different.  The last unpitched slide is present twice in DDC_PART REAL_BASS_22_RS2 but only once in DDC_PART REAL_BASS_RS2.

There are slight tab differences between the originals, but the structures are the same.  They are from the same EoF project so they have the same sections/beat map etc.  In fact they are from the project I made available above.

Happy hunting :D

@Pc Plum,

In the DDC Log file, you have the following warning :

04. Load useful informations from the XML input file
      => 266 ms
    - Song informations
      => 0 ms
    - Measures and ebeats
      => 30 ms
    - Sections
      ==> WARNING : Section noguitar (700.271) doesn't start on the main beat of a measure (new time : 699.455)
      => 3 ms

So DDC modifies the last section position on the measure at time position "699.455".

This measure contains the last note. This is why this note is not generated by DDC process.

I have to change this logic in order to protect the last note (maybe by including the sustain in the computation).

Thank you for sharing the files ...

• Like 1

Update v3.4 : (20/09/2017)

- More levels added in the default configuration file

- In order to add more levels of difficulty, each level is splitted in two sublevels, the first one keep only new notes added in odd measures.

- Fixed bug : The last notes may be omitted when the last "noguitar" section has an adjusted time position.

- Fixed bug : Error in calculating the total number of events in each phrase that affected the process of merging adjacent difficulty levels.

- Fixed bug : Transcription track could produce several single notes at the same time position and on the same fret

- Fixed bug : Embedded handShapes may produce issue when generating the transcriptionTrack tag

- Fixed bug : Spaces in chord name and display name were not managed correctly

- Fixed bug : Count attributes may have wrong values in transcriptionTrack children tags

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Developer
Could you make it so that DDC keeps the FHP set at the beginning of a noguitar section? In case one wants to move to the new position right away, as is done in ODLC sometimes.

Another, somewhat more important issue. A phrase/section that ends like this (no notes after, handshape spans two bars):

2ReGEpC.png

DDC will add a new empty phrase at the beat around 14s, which breaks the handshape.

• Developer

3IJEn0H.jpg

It's just moving to the position beforehand, with an FHP set at the beginning of a noguitar section. It doesn't serve much practical purpose except maybe controlling the camera. Some ODLC also have an FHP at the beginning of the beatmap, but that's pretty rare.

• 5 months later...

Hi @@iminashi,

After analyzing your requests :

- DDC generates an handShape when a least two different notes that belong to it are displayed. So for the case of the "noguitar" section, you just need to check that the handShape is not empty.

- For the end of the song DDC generates a "noguitar" section after the last event (note, chord, sustain, handShape endTime).

So you may encounter issues if the handShape is empty (no note neither chord inside). Is it the case ?

Thank you

• Developer

This was an issue that @@I)ark_Seph mentioned to me.

Here's an example XML:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pk4yEd8KB2vDTFTVX7Z5HXJEVQK5c9Rq

DDC will create a new empty phrase at 5.167, which breaks the handshape in game.

Somewhat related, I noticed that in one of my own customs there is an 8 bar phrase that ends with three empty bars and then a single sustained note. DDC creates an empty phrase for the three empty bars and places the last note into its own phrase. I guess I can live with that, though it is a bit silly to have a phrase with just one note in it.

• 1 month later...

This was an issue that @@I)ark_Seph mentioned to me.

Here's an example XML:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Pk4yEd8KB2vDTFTVX7Z5HXJEVQK5c9Rq

DDC will create a new empty phrase at 5.167, which breaks the handshape in game.

Somewhat related, I noticed that in one of my own customs there is an 8 bar phrase that ends with three empty bars and then a single sustained note. DDC creates an empty phrase for the three empty bars and places the last note into its own phrase. I guess I can live with that, though it is a bit silly to have a phrase with just one note in it.

About the issue identified by @@I)ark_Seph, it should be solved by the last EOF hotfix (7-11-2018).

Thanks

• Like 1

@@theSG, both files contain the same "ebeats" elements that define beats and measures.

When you say that there are missing measures, can you explain a bit more what are the differences ?

Can you give me time positions where you see some differences ?

Thank you

I used 3.4 remover on some other songs and it looks like it happens everywhere, even on this random pattern I made in eof

without defined beats and measures. Is this just happens to me? In 3.3 everything seems to be working fine

@@theSG, for your information, DD remover simply copy all elements found in the "transcriptionTrack" tag into the first level of difficulty. If this tag is empty then DDC generates it by using a merge of all DD levels.

Maybe there is a bug in DDC, but I need time to investigate. If you have a simple EOF project with this issue please share it.

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  Update v3.5 : (27/07/2018)

- Fixed bug : When generating the transcriptionTrack tag, a chord must be ignored if it is replaced by single notes at upper levels

- Fixed bug : Notes are not always generated for odd measures when "ddc_dd_remover.xml" template is used

- Fixed bug : The computation of number of differences is wrong for the first level of difficulty

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Noticed a few things that are a bit problematic :

DDC ignore the offset that is set in EOF and just recreate a beat at the time position 0 alongside a count phrase even if there's already an existing count phrase.

This impact one thing : RS have a system that control how much of the leading silence is actually being played depending on the position of the first beat. One a song where the first beat comes 10 seconds in (like official DLC) about 5/6 secondes of the silence before the first beat is actually being played but if the first beat is moved to the time position 0, RS will play all the silence no matter what which doesn't let RS auto managed the silence being played in game.

In the same kind of issue, DDC ignore if there's an "END" phrase already placed and will just create one wherever it sees fit which might not be considered appropriate in that song case.

Ignoring element that the user have set and altering the offset of the song isn't something that DDC should do and doesn't allow user to create oDLC like CDLC because DDC will alter the result in unwanted ways.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy