Dynamic Difficulty Creator

Hi @@Tysylio,

Just tried to generate DD on your XML files and I have had no issue.

With the DDC tab of the Toolkit, you have to check the "Generate Log" checkbox to obtain the logs.

If you apply DDC on XML files, the logs are located in the same folder. If you apply DDC on the "psarc" file, the logs are located in a subfolder named "DDC_Log".

If you have no log generated, check your anti-virus settings ...

Thanks

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Chords that have been named " " in EOF to display without a name in the game are not handled properly by DDC 3.3.

displayName=" " chordName=" " 

Becomes:

chordName="displayName"

And the chord will have the name "m" in the game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developer

Came across another problem. Generating DD on this arrangement causes some of the handshapes to point to the wrong chordId, with the first one pointing to chordId -1.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_0HDnEbZi4PSGo4MDJhbjloSTQ

Came across another problem. Generating DD on this arrangement causes some of the handshapes to point to the wrong chordId, with the first one pointing to chordId -1.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_0HDnEbZi4PSGo4MDJhbjloSTQ

The reason is because the handShape starts with a single note at time "15.791" and the first chord of this handShape starts at time "16.226".

This specific case is not actually managed by DDC, and I need more explanations of what you exactly want to do in order to improve the code.

Currently, DDC manages the following cases with handShapes :

- handShape that starts with a chord

- handShape that starts with a double single notes (two notes at the same time position but without chord)

- handShape that starts with a single note and identified as an "arpeggios" sequence

Meanwhile and for your issue, the workaround is simply to synchronize the beginning of the handShape with the time position of its first chord.

• Administrator

It's not unusual to see a handshape starting with a note followed by the chord (or part of the chord) in ODLC.

One very important thing regarding Handshape is that it's not related to what's inside, it's an indication for what the fretting hand should do while the display of note and chord are here to indicate what the plucking hand should do. Those two elements doesn't have any kind of mandatory relation to each other and should work independently.

you can see how this is applied in an ODLC :

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@raynebc,

If I remember well, when someone creates an handShape in EOF, the tool adds a chord at the beginning with ghost notes. In this specific case where only a single note is followed by chords this doesn't happened.

Is it a normal behaviour for you ?

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

EOF adds ghosted gems at the beginning of the handshape to identify a chord that will be used for writing the handshape (which requires a reference to a chord template). The note at the beginning of the handshape is allowed to export as a single note instead of a chord if that is how the chart is authored.

Those two elements doesn't have any kind of mandatory relation to each other and should work independently.

I know that the handShape is here only to indicate which fingers to use and can be fully considered as independent from the notes and chords.

But when DDC has to create the other levels of difficulty, it takes care about how many strings are used in the chords inside an handShape, in order to display only the necessary fingers.

That's why DDC analyzes the handShape to see if it contains chords or only single notes. Its behaviour is not the same in these two different cases.

• 1 month later...

@@firekorn,

"LinkedDiffs" tag is not used anymore in RS2014.

However, you can use the "newLinkedDiffs" tag to link two or more different phrases.

When two phrases are linked, their level of difficulty will evolve similarly in the game.

As an example :

<newLinkedDiffs count="1">
    <newLinkedDiff levelBreak="-1" ratio="1.000" phraseCount="2">
      <nld_phrase id="7" />
      <nld_phrase id="14" />
    </newLinkedDiff>
  </newLinkedDiffs>

In this specific case, all iterations of the phrases id "7" and "14" will be synchronized in the game.

In DDC, I already use this when two phrases contain similar sequences of notes but not exactly the same (a diff percentage is computed to decide to link them or not).

I can't explain precisely the "levelBreak" and "ratio" attributes, as I always use the default values (these attributes need more investigations). In my mind, these attributes are useful only when the linked phrases don't have the same number of difficulty levels.

• Like 1

• Administrator

So it does what i think it would do :) Wonder if i can get @@raynebc to add a way to manage this into EOF as i could surely benefit a bit from this on some occasion.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Can a phrase be linked to more than one other phrase in this manner? It could get complicated if EOF had to have the author manually specify how phrases were related to each other and to keep track of this. As a minimum I imagine it'd probably have to have the author define a "group" name for each set of linked phrases, ie. "solo 1" and "solo 2" could be described as being in the "solos" group of phrases and during RS export they would be detailed as being linked to each other.

• Administrator

Not sure if there's a limit, maybe that @@Chlipouni have more information on that but in the rare case where i could use this, i don't think i would use it for more than 3 different phrases (and that's extreme cases).

Note that this could probably be buried in the phrases management menu as i'm probably the only one that would ever uses this feature...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@raynebc,

There is no limit about the number of phrases that can be linked together.

In my opinion the easiest way to add this feature in EOF, could be to let the author adding a tag in the phrase name. Something like intro[g1] for phrase "intro" in group "g1". So all phrases in the same group could be linked together in the newLinkedDiff XML tag ...

I'd have to figure out how best to handle this to avoid the group name being reflected in the phrase's actual name (ie. difficulty level management, RS exports, etc), whether it means storing the phrase and phrase group names as separate strings or storing them together and breaking the string up in various places.

• 1 month later...

I can't use any version of the DDC with the RS toolkit 2.8.4. With the RS toolkit 2.8.2 i don't have errors, even with DDC 3.3. I'm not following this forum, so maybe this problem was already solved. 

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

I can't use any version of the DDC with the RS toolkit 2.8.4. With the RS toolkit 2.8.2 i don't have errors, even with DDC 3.3. I'm not following this forum, so maybe this problem was already solved.

Can you describe the error you have ?

• Like 1

@@Chlipouni here is the error i have. I've tried different versions of DDC and i get the same. There's something different in the latest toolkits that doesn't make it work. It's only the DDC creator that's failing, but i can create the psarc file without dd

1ACE8A33A.png

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

@@SmellsLikeMonkey for toolkit related stuff call me or cozy1

so you can't use it for adding ddo to psarc, right? is it specific or general issue(i.e. doesn't work for any cdlc you've tried)?

now I'll try myself ._.

hey, can you perform clean install i.e just dl fresh copy off our seerver and let me know if it wiil work, since I'm unable to reproduce, so I can use it with 2.8.4.1 version..

• Like 1

@@Alex360 It's a general issue. If i use the DDC with the RS toolkit 2.8.2 i have no errors. Right now i'm using the latest toolkit to make the psarc file and the toolkit 2.8.2 to make the DD file. I have the same result cause i use the latest DDC with the toolkit that works for me, it's just a little annoying. By the way, i don't understand what "clean install" means?

80C651DEE.png

@@SmellsLikeMonkey, as I said I'm fine with my ddc 3.3 and latest beta. maybe you can link me a file or specify pparameters you've got, but that looks like you're missing something in toolkit's folder

dl and unpack somewhere latest build https://www.rscustom.net/builds and try with that one

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy