Dynamic Difficulty Creator

Thanks chlipouni. Will do.

I think it is just a bad coincidence that I tried your DDC 3.2 beta you sent me 2 days ago by PM and repackaged my custom and though the original anchor-FHP issue i reported above is resolved, some strange behaviour is happening and my custom's solo tone is now dead and I have no idea yet how to fix it. I have no reason to believe it is DDC-related. Interesting though PC Plum has experienced a similar issue last Saturday when trying to add DD with DDC. Tonight PLum found a solution and I will attempt to understand and implement it tomorrow. Once my custom is working again I believe I will be able to give you confirmation that DDC 3.2 Beta from the above link is performing as intended.

Not sure I understand exactly all your bullet points above as I've fallen a bit out of the loop, so I will at least confirm my issues have been fixed. If you have other specific tests you'd like me to do, I would be happy to help.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

@@Berneer,

I know that the DDC tab of the Toolkit is now using the same process as the remaster.exe. As some old CDLCs fail to convert when the tone names are not consistent, maybe cozy1 has added an automatic repair feature which is more intrusive than necessary. Can you tell him about your issue ?

Major features of DDC v3.2 are :

- the ability to fix the chord density status in old CDLCs

- no more split of handShapes and anchors when they overlap a phrase marker

Thanks chlipouni. I confirm that DDCv3.2 Beta fixes the issue I raised in Post 336 regarding floor (carpet) FHP temporarily not aligned when intended.

Awesome.

For the Handshape issue I reported in Post 349, you explained to me in PM that  a handshape will disappear when only the fundamental note of a chord is left.  So now I know when the HS marking should disappear. Since my Handshape does start off at highest difficulty with a single note, I guess you just mean that Handshapes disappear when the ramp model becomes MaxChrStr=1. I guess I am then just curious why, from the video I posted in Post 349, that the handshape (which I call concatenated partial handshape to simulate partial handshapes) with the B1 hammer-on, does maintain it's handshape blue lane markings since it also it is in a MaxChrStr=1 state.

Thanks for the Beta and solution. I appreciate it.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

• Developer

I came across a case of notes going missing when using DDC in a custom of mine. I have isolated the part where it happens into a test custom:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_0HDnEbZi4PNzVDX0NDTXdvdUk

After using DDC, the two slides (at 7.624 and 8.153) that come after the chords are missing. Also, the slide at the beginning of the next section (at 13.271) is not found at max difficulty, but it does appear at a lower level.

"New parameter in the configuration file to adjust or not the density status of chords"

"the ability to fix the chord density status in old CDLCs"

@Chilipouni

thanks for you hard work! Regarding those two quotes for version 3.2, is there anything we have to change in the configuration file to make the density fix work?

• I downloaded 3.2 beta
  • replaced all the 3.1 files in the Rocksmitih Custom Song Toolkit ddc subfolder (and Toolkit now shows DDC's version as 3.2)
  • Imported an old custom into toolkit
  • changed version number
  • hit generate in the toolkit

Result:

• the 100% bug is fixed
  • repeated chords are shown full and not "ghosted" (= not fixed)

Is the ddc beta supposed to fix that last issue, or does the "chord density status" mean something else?

Cheers!

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

@@Azrael,

If you import the psarc file in the first tab of the RSToolkit, you have to generate DD on each XML file before packing again the CDLC.

Another way (and easier if you just want to correct the chord density status), is to use the DDC tab :

- drag and drop the psarc files

- set a high value for the "phrase length" parameter (8 or 16)

- set the check boxes the way you want

- click on "Generate DD" button

If you choose to generate the DDC log files you can check if this process has been used or not :

"==> WARNING : High density status is not correctly used (current : 0 / estimated : 504). The density correction process is activated for this arrangement (misused percentage 100 >= 25)."

The last thing to know is that you can adjust the misused percentage (25% by default) that DDC uses to activate or not this new functionality :

- open the file "ddc_default.cfg" with a text editor

- change the value of the "minHighDensityMisused" parameter (value in range : [0-100])

- save the file

- generate DD again

Enjoy ...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update v3.2 (28/11/2016)

• New process to force the density status of chords depending on their position in a sequence
  • New parameter in the configuration file to adjust or not the density status of chords
  • New process to add open notes in chord tags in order to remove display glitches
  • New message in the log if the time position of an anchor is adjusted
  • No more protection of adjacent measures that share the same handShape during the phrase creation process 
  • No more generation of linkedDiffs node (only newLinkedDiffs is usefull)
  • Fixed bug : Wrong time position used when generating a new anchor at the beginning of a phrase
  • Fixed bug : HandShapes and anchors may be splitted at the beginning of a new phrase
  • Fixed bug : Linked notes may never appear in any difficulty level
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

C could someone explain the different options there are in the DDC section of the custom song creator tool kit. What they actually do?

Phrase Length

The different options in Ramp up model,
ddc_chord_protector
ddc_chord_remover
ddc_dd_remover
ddc_default

Same goes for options under Config file

What I don't like about DCC is it removes so much, It removes all the easy notes along with the hard notes as you lessen the difficulty. At least at the lowest setting it would be nice if it showed at least all the chords of the song.

Kind of like chordify.net shows the chords of the song at he simplest form.

I  mean at least you can just play the root notes of the chords on bass and it sounds good, but DCC takes all that out on the lowest setting, You many have a song with just one chord in it at the lowest dd level.

But it also could be I'm just not using it properly

@@mikejl46

This thread's 1st post has a tutorial website that explains everything one needs to fully understand DDC. Check it out.

http://www.guitarcade.fr/en/dynamic-difficulty-creator/

The DDC software is highly customizable and can accomodate user-created ramp-up schemes to match the one you described in your post, simply by going into the Toolkit's directory, opening the "ddc" sub directory, opening the ddc_default.xml file, customizing it, saving it, and then in the toolkit, clicking "Add" to add your new model.

If I understood you correctly, you would get your desired ramp-up model by setting all the "maxChordNotes" attributes to 6, which means that chords would never get dumbed down - either the chord appears or it doesn't for a given level, with lower level showing less chords to allow the user to make chord switches more easily.

Phrase Length: If phrases authored in EoF last longer than this number of measures,  DDC will split up those phrases to be the number of measures long dictated by the "phrase length" setting. (Setting of 4 means that 1 phrase of 8 measures will be split in 2; or that 1 phrase of 10 measures will split into 2 phrases of 4 measures plus a "remainder" phrase with the last 2 measures). If you neglect to place phrases in EoF, then DDC will automatically add them, defining them with a duration equal the number of measures in the phrase length setting.

For most charters, defining proper phrases in EoF with meaningful durations and names organizes the song in segments that will best link similar passages, making them level up and down together more optimally, let alone be more fun for users to Riff Repeat. Without proper phrase defintions DDC will make very good guesses as to which phrases throughout the song are similar. In the ideal case of good charter phrase defintions, simply set the phrase length to a large number like 20 or higher to prevent DDC from automatically splitting up phrases you've carefully defined.  

The different options in Ramp up model:
ddc_chord_protector:  In fact checking the file for this model, it is exactly the model I proposed to you earlier.  As stated it protects the chords. @@Chlipouni already thought about you :)
ddc_chord_remover: If you just want to play the base notes of chords, then select this model.
ddc_dd_remover: Before October 2016 when Rocksmith Remastered made playcount dependent upon having Dynamic Difficulty (DD) and gave us the ability to prevent songs from frustratingly ramping down mid-song, many people not fans of DD, chose to use DDC to actually remove DD. This is not longer a necessary model.
ddc_default: Default model ramps down the difficulty by a community-established natural combination of removing off-beat notes/chords as well as reducing the number of strings to be played in a chord.

One custom model I'd like to try soon which I've notice in REM - Losing My Religion would make a full EMaj chord level down to an E5 power chord, for example. I guess this could be accomplished with a level defined by  maxChordNotes="6" followed by the next level down defined by maxChordNotes="2".

Once you sink your teeth into that you can then begin to explore the ddc_default.cfg config file that allows you to further customize DDC:

For example:

1) it allows you to set criteria for "how similar" phrases must be for DDC to link them (ramp them up and down simultaneously).

<linkedDiffParameters>
    <maxDifferencesToLink pct="25"/>
  </linkedDiffParameters>

2) it allows you to define in what order to remove notes at lower levels, for different time signatures

<timeSignature beatsPerMeasure="4"  categoryMap="1 3 2 4" subCategoryMap="1 9 5 13 3 11 7 15 2 10 6 14 4 12 8 16"/>
<timeSignature beatsPerMeasure="8"  categoryMap="1 3 2 4 1 3 2 4" subCategoryMap="1 9 5 13 3 11 7 15 2 10 6 14 4 12 8 16"/>

3) it allows you to define how many ramp-up model levels to merge together into one level change if each level is too similar, in order to avoid having 20 barely different levels for a phrase.It also allows to define which % of the easier levels not to merge together for fear of a steep ramp-up. 

<mergingLevelsParameters>
    <maxDifferencesBeforeMerging pct="10"/>
    <maxDifferencesAfterMerging pct="30"/>
    <maxDifficultyLevelToProtect pct="20"/>
  </mergingLevelsParameters>

I haven't learned what the following are since they are probably new - they are probably desribed on the web site linked above:

1) <minHighDensityMisused pct="25"/> --> DDC 3.2 says: New parameter in the configuration file to adjust or not the density status of chords. @@Chlipouni, can you elaborate on this one please?

2) <maxPhraseIterationsLimit val="100"/> --> Rocksmith phrase bars disappear when over 100 phrases are defined in a song. I'm guessing this allows the user to limit the number of phrases in a long song with low phrase length setting.

• Like 2

• Administrator

@@mikejl46 that's the idea behind the Chord protector setting which should force DDC to keep chord for as long as possible.

i'm too versed in all the settings of DDC but the DDC help will likely give you some insight on what it's about.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@Berneer,

The <minHighDensityMisused pct="25"/> parameter defines the percentage level that triggers the new process of chord density correction.

This process is designed only for old CDLCs.

For the new CDLCs that use efficiently the chord density status in EOF, you can set this parameter with a higher value.

@@mikejl46,

If you need more explanations about DDC, feel free to ask about it in this topic.

You can also ask for new features or more parameters. Their development will depend on the complexity of the task.

• Like 1

Well Heck, I need to spend more time learning this game. I just figured out something that I never knew. In Rif Repeater, I can select sections that are hard, bring the difficulty down on just those sections, without bringing down the difficulty on all the other sections that are already easy. Then bring the selections bars back out to play the entire song, with just the hard parts difficulty brought down, pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Perfect, like a whole new game now.

• Administrator

@@reval121 You go around claiming your issue is with DDC everywhere while tons of user used DDC 3.2 without any issue. It would be nice of you to actually share the CDLC you have issue with and give detailed explanation of what is the issue you are getting. It would also be nice if you didn't hijacked other thread that are barely related to your issue.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@reval121 You go around claiming your issue is with DDC everywhere while tons of user used DDC 3.2 without any issue. It would be nice of you to actually share the CDLC you have issue with and give detailed explanation of what is the issue you are getting. It would also be nice if you didn't hijacked other thread that are barely related to your issue.

I'm so sorry for doing that. BUt I'm using DDC 3.2 without any success. Looks like I'm screwed. Just one song of my many CDLC has no problem with the DDC 3.2. Cuz DDC 3.0 works fine, but gives me 100% bug. Thanks anyway.

• 1 month later...

For now, each section and each phrase has to start on the first beat of a measure. The first note of a phrase is always used in the first level of difficulty whatever its position in the measure.

The name of phrases doesn't matter because DDC identifies itself the similar phrases based on the sequence of notes they contain. That's why the result phrases are named like p1, p2, ...

• Like 1

Update v3.3 : (12/02/2017)

- Set the default value when an attribute is missing in the input XML file

- Generation of transcriptionTrack tag without attributes that have the default value

- Don't generate XML attributes with default value in the DDC output file (RSToolkit v2.8.1.0)

- Fixed bug : High density status may be forced even if the chord contains any technics

- Fixed bug : A value of 100 for the "minHighDensityMisused" configuration parameter doesn't deactivate the density correction process

The big new feature of this release is the simplification of XML files generated by DDC (all attributes with a default value are not included).

For this release you have to use RSToolkit v2.8.1.0-980b5022 or greater.

A new option is going to be added in EOF to use the same XML file format ...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dev's, all,

When an error occurs in DDC, where are the logs stored?  I'm getting an error, and I am either having a severe brain fart or the logs are missing. :unsure:  Below is the error I get, and here is my project folder.  I'm sure the error is caused by something I've done, but I don't know what.  My toolkit version is 2.8.2.0-a6a5fd9d.  However, I tried on previous versions and I get the same error, which is also why I think it's something I've done.  I do get a warning for notes crossing a phrase boundaries, but that has never stopped DDC from working for me in the past.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you, Tysylio.

DDC%20Error%2003042017.JPG

Keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

See my Workshop here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy