Dynamic Difficulty Creator

Hi! Please help with a problems.
When creating DD a song is not divided into phases. It turns out one big phase. When loading guitar tabs phases automatically picks up, I have not changed anything.Previously, the other songs itself was divided into phases. Why could be the problem?
And why the game may freeze after the pause? How can I fix it?

And sometimes created CDLC missing notes/chords (although they are shown in the eof all). Why it may be happening?
Thank you for your detailed answers....

http://s020.radikal.ru/i702/1602/43/0723569516a9.jpg

• Developer

Can you PM a link to before and after examples of a CDLC files that you are having trouble with.  Are you using the current test/beta release of the toolkit?  What OS?  Follow my signature link if you need to download it.  tnks

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Can you PM a link to before and after examples of a CDLC files that you are having trouble with.  Are you using the current test/beta release of the toolkit?  What OS?  Follow my signature link if you need to download it.  tnks

I sent you a PM with a link of my CDLC files. 

Yes, Im using the current release of the toolkit. Win7 64bit.

In every song I'm having some problems. It feels like I forget to do something. Is there any detailed instruction how to create CDLC?

• Developer

Is there any detailed instruction how to create CDLC?

These are the some good 'how to instructions'.  Have a look here, here, here, here

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 2 weeks later...

have issue with last version CSCT, exactly with DDC which inside.

There image without ddc, all look good:

http://i.imgur.com/Duw9rAl.jpg

there image after apply DDC (tried defaulr ramp (4, and 8 lenght) and max 8. all same. All chords have name and look like split different chords:

http://i.imgur.com/nblb1s1.jpg

Any ideas?

I found how avoid this issue :) I deleted thrash like cst_showlights  and other files, and used ddc at psarc files, and work right now.

Thanks. Will update.

Updated:

Version 3 DDC work fine (via xml files too). Thanks.

Edited by Motive

• Developer

@Motive  Which version of toolkit are you using?  You shouldn't have to delete any files to get DDC to work.

Is anyone else having trouble with the link for DDC v3.0 in the OP? Not working for me at the moment.

Edit: Nevermind, it was just REALLY lagging. Took about 2 minutes for Google Chrome to start behaving :)

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

• 1 month later...

I've recently been having trouble with linknext slides when using the DDC tool. Some slides will display as if there is no linknext status applied, and I can't figure out why. They display as normal when DDC is not used.

Here are the .xml files, one with DD, and the other without - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t08lre7iq6m1ev4/AACBt9J7phuxX5O6oc8JdzDBa?dl=0

The slides that are not working properly are on the G string, sliding from the 7th to the 9th fret - like this: "7/9---"

The slides occur at the following timestamps: ~8.5 seconds, ~12.5 s, ~16,9 s, 21 secs. One or two of them (sorry, I forget which ones) do not display correctly, while the others do.

Also, the first phrase doesn't seem to be leveling properly, but I could be wrong. Is it ok that the first section is 5 measures long (because of the lead in measure) and yet I've used a phrase length of 4? All the other sections are either 4 or 2 measures in length.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

@@GetTheLedOut,

This issue occurs at time "12.733" and "21.048" because sections start at these positions.
  In each case, the first note (with the "linknext" status) belongs to the preceding section and the following note (protected note) is located on the new section.

DDC can avoid the generation of a new phrase when notes are protected by the "linknext" status, but can't do it for sections.

When DD is used, each phrase in each section can evolve differently (different levels of difficulty), so, notes can be linked only if they belong to the same phrase (and logically to the same section).

Hope that solves your issue  ;)

• Like 1

@@GetTheLedOut,

This issue occurs at time "12.733" and "21.048" because sections start at these positions.
  In each case, the first note (with the "linknext" status) belongs to the preceding section and the following note (protected note) is located on the new section.

DDC can avoid the generation of a new phrase when notes are protected by the "linknext" status, but can't do it for sections.

When DD is used, each phrase in each section can evolve differently (different levels of difficulty), so, notes can be linked only if they belong to the same phrase (and logically to the same section).

Hope that solves your issue  ;)

Thanks!

Now that I know this, I can just author the sections to work around it. 

@@raynebc Might it be worthwhile to have EoF warn users upon saving if there are linknext slides which carry over into another section? See above.

• 5 months later...

I'm having an issue where no matter how many notes I miss, the final score is always 100%. If I generate it with no DD, it behaves normally. Could you take a look please? Here's the psarc, but I can give you the project files if needed.

https://mega.nz/#!MksX3bjD!bH23NsNDxycPdaYNN6PNzuz0UV5KgQR669Lm8VtYuFw

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

I'm having an issue where no matter how many notes I miss, the final score is always 100%. If I generate it with no DD, it behaves normally. Could you take a look please? Here's the psarc, but I can give you the project files if needed.

I am going to investigate this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks for reporting this problem

• Like 1

@@Chlipouni, my thoughts is that it's doubling notes on some lvls so it has redundant\duplicate notes which is counted by toolkit (it's pretty straight forward w\o checking duplicate notes)

so maybe DDC could reduce those notes or toolkit should take in account similar notes at same time? plus Firekorn noticed in hand crafted DD if some notes is offbeat with main note riff then it cause scoring issues too, that do you think?

• Like 1

@@Chlipouni, my thoughts is that it's doubling notes on some lvls so it has redundant\duplicate notes which is counted by toolkit (it's pretty straight forward w\o checking duplicate notes)

so maybe DDC could reduce those notes or toolkit should take in account similar notes at same time? plus Firekorn noticed in hand crafted DD if some notes is offbeat with main note riff then it cause scoring issues too, that do you think?

Thanks Alex360 for sharing your findings.

I will have to investigate such a case when single notes are used in conjunction with chord notes.

But for now, the Billkwando song doesn't use such duplicate notes.

• Like 2

I don't know which of the following cause the issue :

- All the chords with the "Fret Hand Mute" status also have the "ignore" status.

- All sections of the song have the same name.

So can you try first to remove the "ignore" status for all muted chords ?

Thanks

I don't know which of the following cause the issue :

- All the chords with the "Fret Hand Mute" status also have the "ignore" status.

- All sections of the song have the same name.

So can you try first to remove the "ignore" status for all muted chords ?

Thanks

• All of my songs have Intro as the section name for every section, and that's never been an issue before.
  • Alex said that the ignores aren't the issue and that they're being counted correctly.

I can try removing the ignores, but that's not really fixing the problem. ;)

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

@@Billkwando,

In my mind, the ignore status is exactly here to ignore a note in the scoring system.

But I have never tried to play with it.

Another thing that may have an influence, is your last section that has an empty phrase at the end.

Nevertheless, it would be interesting if you could try to remove the ignore statuses  ;)

Thank you

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy