Dynamic Difficulty Creator

Let me know if EOF needs to do something like warn the author if a handshape phrase crosses from one phrase into another or anything like that.

This could be useful if EOF does not split the handShape itself.

Another specific case is when a handShape contains no note or chord inside (only ghost notes). I don't know what to do for these handShapes on low levels of difficulty.

For now, DDC removes them ...

Hey @@Chlipouni,

That's awesome to hear! Is there anything I can do in the XML in the meantime to fix it?

You can set the "highDensity" value to 0 for the first occurrence of a chord and to 1 for the following ones.

But that will be fastidious because you have to do this on each level of difficulty ...

This could be useful if EOF does not split the handShape itself.

OK, I'll look into whether it would be relatively easy for me to do this.

Another specific case is when a handShape contains no note or chord inside (only ghost notes).

It's probably fine to just remove them as you are doing.

I am try to help some one and they would like to be able to play one section in the middle of song

just the part not whole song

so I try to use DDC to do that and song is always locked to all the section can not get it to make

section so you can play only that part am I doing something wrong is it the way it is

it has levels but it is for whole song not just one part can this be done?

I am try to help some one and they would like to be able to play one section in the middle of song

just the part not whole song

so I try to use DDC to do that and song is always locked to all the section can not get it to make

section so you can play only that part am I doing something wrong is it the way it is

it has levels but it is for whole song not just one part can this be done?

DDC is always applied on all sections in a song.

It is not possible to apply it only for one section.

With RS2014 and its Riff Repeater, the player can select only one part of the song to practice.

But maybe I have not understood what is your problem ...

Chlipouni

With RS2014 and its Riff Repeater, the player can select only one part of the song to practice.
  But maybe I have not understood what is your problem ...

yes i use DDC and get file with DD but when i play it all the section are played as one can not got to 

just one part only and play it make me do all part as one 

how do i set it so it add level and section so i can play only that part?

Shouldn't behave like this if sections are defined in EoF.

Rereading chlipouni's web site it seems the only way what you describe can happen is if your friend authored no sections in EoF and each measure is populated with notes (no empty measures apart from beginning and end), then chlipouni's web site implies that only one section will exist for the whole song.

If I understood correctly then the solution to your friends problem is simply authoring sections in EoF and then using DDC again.

I thought you meant you wanted DD on only part of the song, which currently would only work if you create DD for the whole song and then open the XML and remove all those things you don't desire but that would require meticulous effort and for you friend to understand XML really well to know what he should and shouldn't erase.

• Like 1

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Berneer

i think the authored did not do section and when i use DDC the whole song levels as one 

did not know if DDC would make the section so you can stop at any point and play that section 

i don't to make one part only just wanted to make so you can stop and play any part only

i want whole song to have it but section so you can stop it and play only that part of song

DDC doesn't create the sections automatically (only the phrases). So if the CDLC has no section, only the whole song could be selected in the Riff Repeater.

If the CDLC is yours, you have to create the sections in EOF, save and generate DD again.

If the CDLC is not yours, you can quickly add the sections with the BPR tool (BPR topic).

Hi @@Gnobiwan,

I have found a bug.

When some chords are removed for the lower levels of difficulty, the "highDensity" status is not computed again for the chords which are kept.

I will try to solve this problem for the next release ...

Thank you

Just wanted to post that I think I am seeing this bug on my CDLC as well.

I am seeing it on this one specifically

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/feint-r19519

If you want the pre-DDC version to compare it too let me know.

When a phrase is fully mastered, the high density tag is not set to 1 on repetitive chords ...  I think this is what you are referring too.

Hi @@Gnobiwan,

I have found a bug.

When some chords are removed for the lower levels of difficulty, the "highDensity" status is not computed again for the chords which are kept.

Thank you

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/feint-r19519

When a phrase is fully mastered, the high density tag is not set to 1 on repetitive chords ...  I think this is what you are referring too.

Thank you for your feedback,

I am working on DDC v2.9 and I would like to be sure that there is not another problem.

Can you share the pre-DDC version of this file ?

Thanks

Hi @@Gnobiwan,

I have found a bug.

Thank you

Thank you for your feedback,

I am working on DDC v2.9 and I would like to be sure that there is not another problem.

Can you share the pre-DDC version of this file ?

Thanks

Here you go

http://www.mediafire.com/download/95fs63oq9cofdnf/Epica_Feint_v1_1_p.psarc

Update v2.9 (23/01/2016)

- New logic to avoid the split of existing handShapes when the new phrases are generated

- New process to allow excotic handShape phrases

- New check to remove handShapes which are empty

- New logic to allow handShapes without a valid chordTemplate reference

- Fixed bug : Start time of the first handShape in a phrase may be greater than the phrase start time

- Fixed bug : HandShape with no visible note inside maybe generated

- Fixed bug : DDC may crash if duplicate nodes are found in the XML file

- Fixed bug : The highDensity attribute was not recomputed for lower levels of difficulty

• Like 1

@@Chlipouni, hope this tested with @@Berneer :lol: if so I'll do my job then

Haha not the place of a Padawan to test a Jedi's work unless delegated ... :)

• Like 2

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Update v2.9 (23/01/2016)

- New logic to avoid the split of existing handShapes when the new phrases are generated

- New process to allow excotic handShape phrases

- New check to remove handShapes which are empty
   - New logic to allow handShapes without a valid chordTemplate reference
   - Fixed bug : Start time of the first handShape in a phrase may be greater than the phrase start time
   - Fixed bug : HandShape with no visible note inside maybe generated
   - Fixed bug : DDC may crash if duplicate nodes are found in the XML file
   - Fixed bug : The highDensity attribute was not recomputed for lower levels of difficulty

DDC 2.9 Where did it go?

EDIT: Found it, Thanks

@@Chlipouni, hope this tested with @@Berneer :lol: if so I'll do my job then

Hi Alex360,

I have found a few issues with the DDC tab of the RSToolkit when I generate DD on a set of psarc files :

- If an error occurs, the DDC tab is blocked and I need to restart the RST

- Sometimes I have an error like : "File already exists" (you can try with the CDLC : "Faith No More - A Small Victory")

- When DDC is launched the shell window is displayed

Thank you

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy