Dynamic Difficulty Creator

Looks perfect when i set the maximum difficulty in the riff repeater (all the gems, chords, handshapes), but it crashes when i try to resume the song. There's a little error, but you got it! it's only a little mistake, i hope you can fix it!

The issue may be caused by the missing following informations in the XML file :

- the first ebeat which usually starts at time = "0.000"

- the first phrase with name = "COUNT"

- the first phraseIteration for the COUNT phrase

I don't know if the "COUNT" phrase is mandatory in RS2014, but DDC had always considered the first phrase in the list as this special one.

Can you generate again your CDLC with the last hotfix of EOF and check if the COUNT phrase is here or not ?

Thank you 

I always get the advise "There is no COUNT phrase..." in EOF and never had problems with crashes including DD . What is the COUNT phrase? i really don't know

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

@@raynebc,

In the SmellsLikeMonkey CDLC, only the first phrase crashes the game when it is selected in RR.

We can select all other phrases (one or more at the same time) and adjust the DD levels without any problem.

Only the first phrase causes the crash.

We already encountered this issue in the past.

Do you remember something about it ?

Thank you

The issue I remembered was if the first section is empty (no note inisde), it crashes the game.

But in this CDLC, this is not the case (the first phrase contains a few notes).

EDIT : It seems that the first section contains no note at the DD level 0 only. I will try to move the note on the first beat of the first measure to avoid this case. 

@@SmellsLikeMonkey,

After analyzing your EOF project, I have found several mistakes (for a DDC correct usage) :

- There is no time signature (EOF have to generate them automatically)

- The phrase or sections you have setted in EOF are not all located on the first beat of a measure (related to the previous mistake)

- The first section and the first phrase are located on the first beat of the song (so EOF cannot generate the COUNT phrase; a warning is diplayed in EOF)

I keep your project for more investigations in the following days.

Thank you for your understanding

@@SmellsLikeMonkey,

After analyzing your EOF project, I have found several mistakes (for a DDC correct usage) :

- The phrase or sections you have setted in EOF are not all located on the first beat of a measure (related to the previous mistake)

- The first section and the first phrase are located on the first beat of the song (so EOF cannot generate the COUNT phrase; a warning is diplayed in EOF)

I don't get the two first mistakes. The first measure has time signature and after there are some changes in some beats along the song. All the phrases are settled in main beats (that was a previous mistake) but the eof file i give you has all the sections on main beats ( i do this purposely because i want to make DD works fine).

About the COUNT phrase, you're right. Maybe if you "Push Offset Back" the first beat and set 1/2 time signature on it and 4/2 on the second (to keep all the phrases on the main beat) you can solve the problem and the psarc file generated works fine with DDC 2.8

Keep me on tune! :)

My Custom Songs (Workshop)                                              YouTube Videos

80C651DEE.png

@@SmellsLikeMonkey,

I don't get the two first mistakes. The first measure has time signature and after there are some changes in some beats along the song. All the phrases are settled in main beats (that was a previous mistake) but the eof file i give you has all the sections on main beats ( i do this purposely because i want to make DD works fine).

About the COUNT phrase, you're right. Maybe if you "Push Offset Back" the first beat and set 1/2 time signature on it and 4/2 on the second (to keep all the phrases on the main beat) you can solve the problem and the psarc file generated works fine with DDC 2.8

Keep me on tune! :)

Sorry, I used the wrong file to analyze your custom (I took the EOF project I had previously created from your psarc file).

I think I have found the reason of the RR issue.

I have to correct the DDC v2.8 code and do more tests ...

Thanks

• Like 1

Update v2.8 (06/12/2015) :
  - Single distinct notes which are located on the same time position are now managed like a chord if they are associated with a handShape and a chordTemplate.
  - The transcriptionTrack generation process has been modified to manage multiple notes on the same time position.
  - New check about the maximum number of phrases and automatic increase of the phrase length parameter if possible. 
  - New process for increasing the phrase length parameter if the maximum number of phrases will be reached (new parameter in the config file to define this limit).
  - New process for detecting similar phrases (similarities are now computed by measure).
  - New process for detecting duplicate events on a same time position and to avoid a crash of DDC (only the first occurrence is kept by time position).
  - Fixed bug : TranscriptionTrack generation may produce events in the wrong order based on their time position (when the highest level has less events than the lower levels).
  - Fixed bug : Always add the first event of each phrase in the first level of difficulty to avoid a crash in RR

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update v2.8 (06/12/2015) :

- Single distinct notes which are located on the same time position are now managed like a chord if they are associated with a handShape and a chordTemplate.

- The transcriptionTrack generation process has been modified to manage multiple notes on the same time position.

- New check about the maximum number of phrases and automatic increase of the phrase length parameter if possible. 

- New process for increasing the phrase length parameter if the maximum number of phrases will be reached (new parameter in the config file to define this limit).

- New process for detecting similar phrases (similarities are now computed by measure).

- New process for detecting duplicate events on a same time position and to avoid a crash of DDC (only the first occurrence is kept by time position).

- Fixed bug : TranscriptionTrack generation may produce events in the wrong order based on their time position (when the highest level has less events than the lower levels).

- Fixed bug : Always add the first event of each phrase in the first level of difficulty to avoid a crash in RR

Am i the only one having problems with this version? When i try to add DD to my psarc file, the DDC never show the sign that the song is ready :(

Also, something weird is that version of this DDC shows only a "v" instead of "v2.8"

80C651DEE.png

@@SmellsLikeMonkey,

The issues you have are related to the RSToolkit (DDC integration in the RSToolkit).

DDC is an executable file which only manipulates the XML files to add DD inside  ;)

Personnally, I am using RST v2.6.1.0-d8960ca6 beta, and it works with DDC v2.8 (except the version number which is not displayed).

When you add DD on a psarc file, at the end of the process, RST should display a message box to ask if you want to open the folder which contains the result file (sometimes, this message box is hidden behind other windows).

DDC v2.8 is not yet officially integrated in RST, but we can alert RST team by adding these issues on github (www.rscustom.net)

@@Chlipouni, your programm used "Product Version" tag in PE header to notify toolkit about it's version, in v2.8 it's missing so you unable to detect version through toolkit.
about missing notifications it may be issue with stdout or another bug  in packer.

@@Chlipouni, your programm used "Product Version" tag in PE header to notify toolkit about it's version, in v2.8 it's missing so you unable to detect version through toolkit.

about missing notifications it may be issue with stdout or another bug  in packer.

Yes, I need to investigate about the "Product Version" tag (I have this problem since the Windows 10 upgrade)

@@SmellsLikeMonkey,

The issues you have are related to the RSToolkit (DDC integration in the RSToolkit).

DDC is an executable file which only manipulates the XML files to add DD inside  ;)

Personnally, I am using RST v2.6.1.0-d8960ca6 beta, and it works with DDC v2.8 (except the version number which is not displayed).

When you add DD on a psarc file, at the end of the process, RST should display a message box to ask if you want to open the folder which contains the result file (sometimes, this message box is hidden behind other windows).

DDC v2.8 is not yet officially integrated in RST, but we can alert RST team by adding these issues on github (www.rscustom.net)

I used DDC 2.8 with RST v2.6.1.0-d8960ca6 beta and still doesn't work for me. Is there a way to execute DDC without the toolkit?

80C651DEE.png

@@SmellsLikeMonkey

Yes go to original post in this thread and download DDC command line version.

Start>Run>cmd for the command window then use DOS commands to navigate to the directory where you save the DDC executable. Check the sample commands to learn how to run it. Chlipouni also has a nice website linked in the OP that describes the ins and outs of DDC. A good read to be able to configure DDC tailored to your needs.

Cheers

• Like 1

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

@@SmellsLikeMonkey

Yes go to original post in this thread and download DDC command line version.

Start>Run>cmd for the command window then use DOS commands to navigate to the directory where you save the DDC executable. Check the sample commands to learn how to run it. Chlipouni also has a nice website linked in the OP that describes the ins and outs of DDC. A good read to be able to configure DDC tailored to your needs.

Cheers

Thanks! But i can't find the post you say. Can you give me the link?

80C651DEE.png

Sure, in this post, the original post (OP), click on ddc_v2.8.zip in the "Download Link" section.

Here is chlipouni's web site: DDC Tutorial, also linked in the OP, just above the ddc_v2.8.zip link.

Regards.

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Sure, in this post, the original post (OP), click on ddc_v2.8.zip in the "Download Link" section.

Here is chlipouni's web site: DDC Tutorial, also linked in the OP, just above the ddc_v2.8.zip link.

Regards.

OK, but where is the command line version of DDC? The download link is only for DDC 2.8 and in the DDC page i cannot find anything

80C651DEE.png

Hi SmellsLikeMonkey,

There is only one executable file for DDC.

It is the same for RSToolkit usage and command line mode.

To use DDC in command line mode :

- start a windows shell (cmd)

- use cd to set the current directory as this which contains the "ddc.exe" file

- then type "ddc.exe" and it will display all parameters you can use in this mode

As an example :

C:\Rocksmith\DDC>ddc
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-- D Y N A M I C   D I F F I C U L T Y   C R E A T O R   v 2.8       --
ddc.exe <arrangement> [-l <phrase length>] [-s {Y | N}] [-c <config file>] [-m <ramp-up model>] [-p {Y | N}] [-t {Y | N}]

Parameters :
------------
  <arrangement>      : XML arrangement input file (mandatory)
  -l <phrase length> : Length of phrases in number of measures (optional; default : 4)
  -s {Y | N}         : Remove sustain for notes with length < 1/4 of measure (optional; default : N)
  -c <config file>   : Configuration file to use for adjustment of internal parameters (optional; default : internal configuration)
  -m <ramp-up model> : XML file with the specific ramp-up model to apply (optional; default : internal ramp-up model)
  -p {Y | N}         : Preserve the XML file name, so existing content is overwritten (optional; default : N)
  -t {Y | N}         : Trace the DDC process and generate log files (optional; default : Y)

Example :
------------
ddc.exe "PART REAL_GUITAR.xml" -l 3 -s Y
      ==> ERROR : Missing or invalid parameters

Can you describe the problem you have with ddc in RSToolkit GUI ?

Do you have an error ?

• Like 1

Hi SmellsLikeMonkey,

There is only one executable file for DDC.

It is the same for RSToolkit usage and command line mode.

To use DDC in command line mode :

- start a windows shell (cmd)

- use cd to set the current directory as this which contains the "ddc.exe" file

- then type "ddc.exe" and it will display all parameters you can use in this mode

As an example :

C:\Rocksmith\DDC>ddc
-- D Y N A M I C   D I F F I C U L T Y   C R E A T O R   v 2.8       --
ddc.exe <arrangement> [-l <phrase length>] [-s {Y | N}] [-c <config file>] [-m <ramp-up model>] [-p {Y | N}] [-t {Y | N}]

Parameters :
------------
  <arrangement>      : XML arrangement input file (mandatory)
  -l <phrase length> : Length of phrases in number of measures (optional; default : 4)
  -s {Y | N}         : Remove sustain for notes with length < 1/4 of measure (optional; default : N)
  -c <config file>   : Configuration file to use for adjustment of internal parameters (optional; default : internal configuration)
  -m <ramp-up model> : XML file with the specific ramp-up model to apply (optional; default : internal ramp-up model)
  -p {Y | N}         : Preserve the XML file name, so existing content is overwritten (optional; default : N)
  -t {Y | N}         : Trace the DDC process and generate log files (optional; default : Y)

Example :
------------
ddc.exe "PART REAL_GUITAR.xml" -l 3 -s Y
      ==> ERROR : Missing or invalid parameters

Can you describe the problem you have with ddc in RSToolkit GUI ?

Do you have an error ?

I don't have any error. When i use the DDC ( with the toolkit ) the finish sign never appears

80C651DEE.png

Do you obtain the result DDC files in the target folder ?

Are you using the "psarc" or "XML" files to generate DD ?

I don't obtain the files. I tried with the psarc and XML files and nothing happens :(

80C651DEE.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy