Dynamic Difficulty Creator

Received this error when adding DD.  Song works fine.  Any ideas what I can do to fix it?  Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/mDRAR6X.png

Getting the same error:

http://puu.sh/gJWmX/b7bd27fa0e.png/ss%20%282015-03-21%20at%2010.48.35%29.png

@@manchot66, @@SmellyOrc,

There are extra informations after the "</song>" end tag in the XML files.

Can you give me more details about the production of the XML files :

- Exact release of RSToolkit ?

- Are you trying to add DD on XML files or PSARC ?

- Which process had generated the XML files (save from EOF, unpack of a psarc file, ...) ?

Thanks

I think that was the RST bug @@III_Demon mentioned earlier, it's writing corrupt XML files that has content beyond the </song> tag.

The XML files should be generated only by :

- EOF

- DDC

- RS Toolkit when unpacking a song with the checkbox "SNG to XML" checked

The DDC tab in the Toolkit doesn't update the XML files.

I can't reproduce the problem.

Any Idea ?

I used the DDC tab from the toolkit (a9d2fe5b) on an XML file generated by EOF. I've checked the XML file, and there is no content after </song> besides a single enter. I've uploaded the XML file here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/04f02j

Edit: XML file is generated by EoF r1377, the latest one atm.

Your XML file is not valid, it contains two "</song>" tags :

- at line 3501 (the real end)

- at line 3557

</song>handShape chordId="14" endTime="203.686" startTime="203.217"/>
        <handShape chordId="15" endTime="204.389" startTime="203.921"/>
        <handShape chordId="15" endTime="204.855" startTime="204.624"/>
        <handShape chordId="16" endTime="206.730" startTime="204.858"/>
        <handShape chordId="11" endTime="207.433" startTime="207.202"/>
        <handShape chordId="11" endTime="208.605" startTime="207.905"/>
</song>

Yes, it was generated by EoF. It was my own custom, so I had no need to unpack a file. Anyway, I deleted the file, and had EoF write a new one. That one went fine in the DDC. I guess there's a problem with EoF not correctly overwriting existing files?

• Like 1

I mentioned this the last time that was suggested, but it's more likely a program on your computer (perhaps a toolkit related program) that is interfering. EOF never opens files it writes in append mode, and doesn't seek when writing the file, so it's theoretically impossible for it to partially overwrite a file this way. It writes the file and closes it and unless the OS or something else interferes, where it closes the file becomes the end of the file. If people have doubts about that, I could add code to delete the output file and verify deletion before attempting to write them. This should help identify if another program is causing this issue.

Edit: I also agree about the missing EOF version string. If it's not there, this XML was not the one originally written by EOF.

Edit 2: More info about the referenced bug is here:

http://customsforge.com/topic/17817-ddc-error-only-when-i-add-vocals/?do=findComment&comment=138826

http://customsforge.com/topic/989-custom-song-toolkit-v2600-was-released/page-11?do=findComment&comment=138668

a note here thats probably relevant:

when this bug happened to me, initially i had nothing else open, just the RST. there was nothing else touching the files.

while attempting to debug, i opened the xml files in notepad++ and looked through them while working with them.

when the RST compiled the package - i.e. when i hit the 'generate' button - notepad++ would alert me that the files had changed.

i have no idea why the RST would be writing to the original xml at that point, but that seemed to be what was happening.

a note here thats probably relevant:

when this bug happened to me, initially i had nothing else open, just the RST. there was nothing else touching the files.

while attempting to debug, i opened the xml files in notepad++ and looked through them while working with them.

when the RST compiled the package - i.e. when i hit the 'generate' button - notepad++ would alert me that the files had changed.

i have no idea why the RST would be writing to the original xml at that point, but that seemed to be what was happening.

Were you using the "creator" tab of the Toolkit when this issue happened (or the DDC tab) ?

When you use the DDC tab to generate DD on each XML file, you should obtain file names like 'DDC_PART_REAL...xml'.

These files should contain a few comments at the beginning as the following example :

<song version="7">
    <!-- DDC v2.6 - 03/16/2015 - ddc_default.cfg - ddc_default.xml -->
    <!-- EOF v1.8RC10 (r1371) -->
    <title>Zombie Barricades</title>
    <arrangement>Lead</arrangement>

Is it the case for you ? 

@@manchot66, @@SmellyOrc,

There are extra informations after the "</song>" end tag in the XML files.

Can you give me more details about the production of the XML files :

- Exact release of RSToolkit ?

- Are you trying to add DD on XML files or PSARC ?

- Which process had generated the XML files (save from EOF, unpack of a psarc file, ...) ?

Thanks

Hey Chilpouni,

I've done everything the same as SmellyOrc.  Using latest Toolkit and EoF.  Tried add DD to both psarc and xml, same error for both.  Xml's created by EoF, no unpacking, etc.

Yes, it was generated by EoF. It was my own custom, so I had no need to unpack a file. Anyway, I deleted the file, and had EoF write a new one. That one went fine in the DDC. I guess there's a problem with EoF not correctly overwriting existing files?

Followed SmellyOrc's fix and deleted original xml's with EoF open to that song, then saved.  Recreated psarc then added DD with no errors.

Thanks Orc who needs a bath and Chilpouni for your help!

Were you using the "creator" tab of the Toolkit when this issue happened (or the DDC tab) ?

the creator tab. thats the weird thing about it. i assumed that creation process shouldnt write xml at all, but apparently it did. the DDC was never at fault, it was getting bad xml from the creator.

the creator tab. thats the weird thing about it. i assumed that creation process shouldnt write xml at all, but apparently it did. the DDC was never at fault, it was getting bad xml from the creator.

Thanks, a lot for testing.

I just reproduce the problem at the moment.

I am going to create an issue at Github ...

with dd remover it won't work on real dlc, as i want to get the chart and the tempo so i can make a chart for rock band and guitar hero

You have to unpack the DLC first with "SNG to XML" checked to generate the missing XML files...

ok i will try that and thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Update v2.7 (06/04/2015)
  - Fixed bug : XML prolog was missing in the result XML files.

=> The missing prolog in XML files that are generated by DDC seems to cause a failure during conversion of a CDLC (Pc -> Mac)

A big thank you to Kaijin for alerting me about this issue !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy