CDLC Won't Load after tuning

Hunterfox1

Question

I've downloaded a couple of songs off the custom forge website to try and play on Rocksmith.  I download them and put them into my dlc file for rocksmith.  Rocksmith does recognize them in game. However, whenever I turn on the song, it will take me to the tuning phase and then after that the song will not load.  The speakers and everything still work because you can hear when you pick strings after the tuning.  I've tried using the rocksmith patcher, but it doesnt even recognize the songs. I also downloaded the D3DX9_42.dll file, and it didnt change anything.  Has anyone else had this problem?

• Like 11

• Administrator

http://customsforge.com/topic/901-how-to-use-custom-dlcs-in-rs2014/

make sure you have the dll in the right place with the right name.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

For updated steam games try this.

1. Place D3DX9_42.dll into rocksmith install directory.
Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014

Alternate D3DX9_42.dll link:
http://customsforge.com/topic/33138-rocksmith-remastered-cdlc-fix/

2. Do a couple things to make sure you have the right files installed.

Download and open CustomsForge Song Manager 1.5.7.2 .

http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Under settings tab, mark check box on left to Validate D3DX9_42.dll and save settings. Later, check out all the awesome things this program can do. Thanks devs!

3. Try to start the game. If you get unable to start steamapi, start rocksmith from inside steam and it should run. If you don't see cdlc upon first start in rocksmith, restart game and it should work. Try a cdlc song you've previously played

• Like 1

For updated steam games try this.

1. Place D3DX9_42.dll into rocksmith install directory.

Default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rocksmith2014

Alternate D3DX9_42.dll link:

http://customsforge.com/topic/33138-rocksmith-remastered-cdlc-fix/

2. Do a couple things to make sure you have the right files installed.

Download and open CustomsForge Song Manager 1.5.7.2 .

http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Under settings tab, mark check box on left to Validate D3DX9_42.dll and save settings. Later, check out all the awesome things this program can do. Thanks devs!

3. Try to start the game. If you get unable to start steamapi, start rocksmith from inside steam and it should run. If you don't see cdlc upon first start in rocksmith, restart game and it should work. Try a cdlc song you've previously played

Thanks Man!

• Like 1

@ Thank-you.  Step 2 helped me.  I followed step 1 (lots of people giving that advice), but on Windows 10, when I right clicked the DLL and checked the properties, it said the file came from a different computer and had a box to check if I wanted to unlock the file.  I did that, but it didn't seem to do the trick.  When I validated it, it told me the file was invalid and asked me if I wanted Song Manager to download the correct version.  Once I did that, everything was fine!

2 hours ago, JackFirefly said:

Thanks. Will this allow me to get the D3DX9_43.dll file? That's the file that I'm missing, preventing me from being able to play my cdlc songs.

Yes, Exactly.  Install CFSM, you can get it here: Link

Once installed, Open CFSM and go to the settings tab and make sure there is a checkmark in the box that says "Validate D3DX9_42.dll". This should check what you have against the newest version of the dll file and download it for you if it's not the latest version or missing.

Good Luck

Started playing Bass with Rocksmith April 2019

I still have this problem. To solve it, only the CSFM link posted on Jan 21st works. After installing this I have ticked the box to Validate D3DX9_42.Dll, it is in the correct directory and correctly named. The game is set to run as administrator and DLC songs do play. I have more songs downloaded and tried some of these but to no avail. Figure if I can get this one working the rest would follow too.

CFSM.jpg