Edit existed CDLC

adrianso

Hi there, Just trying to edit existed psarc file to divide section for riff repeater.

What I know so far,

1.Unpack psarc file.

2.import Lead XML file on EOF, I can see all the note that already been created. but if I try to load ogg file from the folder that I upacked, it shows"OGGS can only be loaded from the current song folder"

Anyway, I hit shift + s add  section that I want to divide in the song for riff repeater(if this the one??)

3. I can only save the work as .EOF file on EOF. How can I repack to psarc with all the changes??Am I on the right path?

• Administrator

You might have some settings in EOF that aren't active.

Make you sure the box for exporting RS2 files on save are checked or you'll never get the xml file to use in the toolkit.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Developer

@adrianso

Here's my workflow for editing existing CDLC that works for me:

1.  Use the toolkit CDLC Creator GUI and press "Import Package" button.  Select the CDLC that you want to edit.

2.  Wait for the CDLC to be loaded into the toolkit GUI.  At this point the toolkit has unpacked the CDLC and created an EOF artifacts subfolder.  The EOF subfolder contains all the files you need to edit the CDLC.

3.  Now open EOF "File" and select "New".  Open the EOF subfolder that contains the unpacked CDLC artifacts created by the toolkit above.  Select the main audio ogg file from the EOF subfolder.  Provide the Artist and Title info for EOF.  Select "Use Source Audio's Folder' and wait for EOF to load the ogg file.

4.  Press F5 to see the auido wave form in EOF.

5.  Next in EOF select "File", "Rocksmith Import" and load the Rocksmith XML Arrangement (Lead, Rhythum, Bass) that you want to edit.  (Ignore any warnings or just answer 'Yes').  (EDIT: Since you are using the same audio as the original CDLC you can) resync the Arrangement to the audio waveform as necessary using Ctrl-A, then Ctrl-Shift drag.

6.  Edit away in EOF and then save the edited arrangement. 

7.  Back in the toolkit, select the old arrangement and "Remove" then select "Add" and the new edit arrangement that you created in EOF.  Finally press "Generate" to create a new CDLC package.  Let the toolkit create new 'Arrangement Identification' so that the edited version is distinguishable from the original in the game.

'Like This', if it helps you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

You don't have to formally create a new project in EOF before importing a Rocksmith XML file, but you can if you like. When it comes to syncing the notes, I'd recommend using the functions to move notes by grid snap (Note>Move grid snap>Backward/Forward or use CTRL+[ and CTRL+]). This is because clicking and dragging moves all notes the same amount of milliseconds instead of determining a correct amount for each individual note, and if there are tempo changes, a half-beat is going to be a different length in milliseconds before and after that tempo change. Just set the grid snap value (Edit>Grid snap) to a suitable value like 1/4 for moving notes in one beat intervals, 1/8 for moving in half beat intervals, etc. (you can use the , and . keys to cycle through the built-in grid snap sizes).

• Like 1