Question: Why non-DD songs?

Fordpunk

Question

FNG here, really enjoying the site - it has added to my enjoyment of RS and learning already.

I couldn't find an answer to this question.  What is the purpose of non-DD songs?  I see many comments saying they 'prefer non-DD' or offering both options.

I understand that playing slow at 100% is really useful for learning, but I also like the DD option for learning new techniques/songs. 

What is the point of having non-DD?  Doesn't a DD song include everything the non-DD does and then some?  I can see if adding it is difficult, but why offer non or both versions - is there an advantage to the non-DD versions I am missing? 

PC user if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance, I just want to make sure I am not missing something here that could be useful.

• Administrator

@@RyanBurnsRed : i really have a very different perspective on the charting side. First i aim for ODLC quality and that always include dynamic difficulty no matter what.

Then, using DDC will not be a perfect ramping of difficulty that can be weird or bad on many occasion but the tab at 100% difficulty will be the tab i've put in EOF and i seriously make sure of that before publishing a custom. Then i trust DDC to just not fuck up everything in the middle but as long as the highest level match what i want, there's not much reason to think that what's in the middle would be completely off because note and timing won't change...

@@Basshead1968 if Rocksmith says that the mastery was at 100%, depending if you have the master mode activated you can assume you were able to play it quite decently (with master mode a flawless performance at 100% difficulty will give you a 110% mastery). but i wouldn't stress too much about those number as long as what you play sounds good!

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

not really, that's what DDC does! All official song have DD that is very well thought were you play accent and important note first wether or not they are on the downbeats then it fills up the void in a really smart way.

It's easy to put all of them in the same pack but they really aren't. And actually making DD as well as official does can easily take tens of hours for something that people just throw aside so it isn't worth doing by charters because nobody cares/notice (that's true for other more visible and easier stuff to make but i'm going out of topic with this).

Maybe we can start to mark songs with custom made Difficulty scaling instead of the AUTO TOOL WHICH I CHOOSE NOT TO USE FOR MINE...

I have only done DD for tracks i believe can keep important riffs etc and only usually cut down on repeat notes... eg 10x one note in a row got halved etc...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

So..... would it be preferable for charters to post both DD and non-DD versions?

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Twitter updates: @jamesprestonuk

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

• Administrator

@@JamesPrestonUK yeah i would already counter the argument that people can more easily add than get rid of DD with DDC by simply stating that not everyone has knowledge of how to use the toolkit and even if it's not complicated, the charter can make sure the parameter for DD fits to his custom instead of using value randomly for DDC assuring a minimum quality. For the charter it will take just a few seconds to make it available, for random user it can easily take ten minute if they have never used the toolkit before...

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Thanks @@firekorn - I'll be adding both from now.

I chart BASS PARTS ONLY. Requests for guitar parts will be ignored. I hope that is clear. 

Donations: https://paypal.me/jamesprestonuk?country.x=GB&locale.x=en_GB (thank you!)

Isn´t riff repeater like guitar hero? Actually you can play all songs in guitar hero but you aren´t learning anything because is solely a game though. Is just playing and imaging you are the real deal for show and fun. For beginners would be best to avoid difficult songs in RS,they hadn´t quite the level to even try difficult songs for themselves so why bother?. Besides I think RR don´t help at all but extend the learning process of learning a song and makes it more boring. Learning guitar is boring you know to make it more complicated,it doesn´t help out in that sense.

Does DD always work, I usually only download ones with DD, I've downloaded a whole bunch with the DD tick which don't have it. For example I'm trying to get Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb, there's 3 copies listed one with the DD tick but it doesn't have it when I play, no difficulty bars just a flat line in sections?

• Administrator

some people put DD in bonus arrangement or as alternate download that might not be obvious at first sight.

If you find misleading information on a record page, you can always report it for admin/mod to check it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

James, why don't you just use extra bass arrangements to add DD and non DD to the same custom/download?

Lots of people do that already.

Ah, the penny has just dropped! I have been wondering why a certain charting dudette did that and now it makes perfect sense :-)

Ah, the penny has just dropped! I have been wondering why a certain charting dudette did that and now it makes perfect sense :-

I was wondering too because it's frustrating experience especially for me and my first song doing this myself

(like bonus\alter arrangements with different tunings)

It's kinda 2 sides of coin, its' good to have dd as main for beginners and bad for pro, since they should either ramp-up diff or choose bonus arr every time to play ndd,

as for beginners too, but they probably go to bonus\alt arrangement every time, huh, for me it's better something one(complete) that every one could choose for them selves, that something universal ._.