tone keeps dropping to clean?

prisoner416

Question

I have a problem with Rocksmith 2014 where after a song, my tone randomly switches to clean, there is no animated effects coming from the speakers, but the game otherwise functions as normal. I have to restart the game to fix the issue.

I've tried disabling anti-virus scanners and tweaking the .ini file. I have seen countless threads on Steam and the Rocksmith forums with the same problem. Is there any solution? I might be upgrading the PC soon anyway, but I'd hate to get a whole new build and just have the same problem.

System build-

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.
Intel Pentium G860 @ 3.00GHz
8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
ASRock Z75 Pro3
Intel HD Graphics (ASRock)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (Gigabyte)
Realtek High Definition Audio

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

The problem is about the custom songs. I have this problem too, when it happens I just restart the game and play until it happens again. I read about this problem somewhere i cant remember, someone said that we should detect broken songs and ''re-generate'' it with custom song creater toolkit. I never tried this but you can give it a shot if you want to. And sorry for my english, I hope this helps you.

• Like 1

The problem is about the custom songs. I have this problem too, when it happens I just restart the game and play until it happens again. I read about this problem somewhere i cant remember, someone said that we should detect broken songs and ''re-generate'' it with custom song creater toolkit. I never tried this but you can give it a shot if you want to. And sorry for my english, I hope this helps you.

i have two PCS and to me only happens in one of then, i dont know why.

Yeah, it happens to everyone on custom songs without tones, but it can also happen on "good" songs (even official ones) on certain computers (it doesn't happen to me on my laptop or desktop, but it does on the desktop at my parents' house). It probably has something to do with chipset or lower computer specs, but I'm not sure since I don't have a ton of computers.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Does it crash the tone with the same song every time? This is the issue I had as well with several songs. The weeknd, and some DMX if I remember correctly. If I see my tone crash on a specific song here is what I do before I relaunch my game. 

Open the rocksmith toolkit> import package> saved the folder to my desktop> Generate> save the new .psarc file to my DLC folder (manually removed old .psac first) Done.

Problem partly fixed after an upgrade, now it only occurs when messing around in Tone Designer for a bit. Still annoying.

New specs:

Operating System
            Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
        CPU
            Intel Core i5 6600 @ 3.30GHz   
            Skylake 14nm Technology
        RAM
            8.00GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-35)
        Motherboard
            Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z170X-UD5-CF (U3E1)   
        Graphics
            VG248 (1920x1080@144Hz)
            2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (Gigabyte)  
        Audio
            Realtek High Definition Audio

@@prisoner416, I've found a bug when you select some type of amp\Cab with some position at it, it drops tone for me too, I think it's overburn CPU so it drop to clean, but it didn't restore it after you change tone, so it could fail on;y for single tone instead, like it did in GuitarRig when you select lots of fx or High Quality at low speed machine, same here, Nowdays we've got rare drops because of bad CDLC, that's good.

This happens to me also, it seems like it happens in extended play sessions of an hour, the real burner for me is when I do the extended play mode for 80 minutes and having it die in the middle of session. I've been testing different things to see what is triggering it but I can't find one specific thing that seems to trigger it. It just seems to happen at random for me.