Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 127

Motive

My score on updated lead:

http://i.imgur.com/gAB8SlE.jpg

And bad thing, cdlc Apache have very bad beatmap, and offsync all notes, + small section on intro ->> "one miss" and  strikes.

Good thing i will update there lead too, now almost done, but yet need test.

Score for original cdlc with offsync notes.

http://i.imgur.com/GGWujaF.jpg

• Like 10

Last week turned out to be really busy towards the end, lots of shifts cropping up and Easter holiday weekend to work, kids going bonkers on chocolate and being generally productive... sadly didn't produce 'owt on bass but I finally had a little family time this evening after what seemed like a decade without them.

I'm proper pleased Janelle got picked this week. I've only played it a few times around New Year when I found it in a "top 100 bass lines you must learn" list. It's really good fun. Had a quick run through in RR and 2 go's in Score attack... did a'right in the second attempt. I reckon this is Mastermodeable if I have the time to commit to it :) 

MC: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=654334460

Will play the others tomorrow. I need sleeps :)

• Like 6

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

It has been a busy few days, so I've only had about an hour to work on Apache on bass.  I'm at 98%, and will probably leave it there to try out Tightrope next.

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Sightread Catamenia on lead for 90.0%. Was jamming too hard on the last riff and was too distracted to screenshot. That's okay, I'm more than okay with playing this song a bunch anyway!

I have yet to try the masterclass, but I see it is an @@albatross213 pick... uh oh...

• Like 2

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

I believe this will turn out ok at the end of the week. Lets see.

http://s29.postimg.org/b8ewsw29j/Cateminia_Lead_95.jpg

• Like 7

--

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer - Click on the image below

Poison - Talk Dirty To Me - Click on the image below

Hx5WMkJm.jpg   5Uw4FEgm.jpg

Europe - The Final Countdown (Guitar cover): Click here to watch

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/NunoJBSilvaGuitar
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nunojbsilva.guitarist/
Fb profile: https://www.facebook.com/NunoJBSilva.Musician

Could not quite stop playing yet.

Mother in law came in and started talking to me when i played this time, but it was still the best run so far.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Couldbound%2095_zpsoyrsxejj.jpg

• Like 5

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

this weeks MC song is absolutely not my cup of tea. It's a genre I don't like to listen or play, an in fact of it's complexity, speed and technically needed high skills it would need many hours of practice for a halfway acceptable score, for me anyway. I have no problem with practicing hours a song I like or something useable, but this time none of them applies, so I'm gonna sit this week out and try some improvements on the blues exercises 2 & 3.

• Like 8
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Hmmmpf @@MonstaS4 - your taste seems to be as oldscool as mine ;)

http://i65.tinypic.com/2u5e3w9.jpg

• Like 5

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

My fingers are so sore, I had to play this with a pick, which was most odd:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKcUh3UXpCMko2Uk0/view?usp=sharing

I rescued it, because I almost missed one of the notes just before the end.  I managed to catch the tail end of the sustain, so I suspect a crap score.  Still at least I've done it. :) 

• Like 5

It's a genre I don't like to listen or play

It's mostly thrash. There are some black metal influences (primarily in the vocals, but also in some of the tremolo picked passages), but like I said, it's still mostly thrash. I know it's not your favorite genre nowadays, but you didn't complain about Megadeth or Austrian Death Machine (which also has harsh vocals, though of a significantly different style. Well, you didn't complain except about the sync being bad and notes randomly being dropped.).

an in fact of it's complexity, speed and technically needed high skills it would need many hours of practice for a halfway acceptable score

God forbid some of the top tier guys in MC lead get challenged every so often, rather than just getting to show off.

I have no problem with practicing hours a song I like or something useable, but this time none of them applies

I think that's total BS, and I think you know it is too. Are playing chords, slides, shifting quickly, playing arpeggios, and things like that totally irrelevant to what you play? Do you only fingerpick open strings, or only tap or something? And what exactly does someone like you get out of playing something like the ADM song, other than getting the opportunity to show off?

I'm also going to point out that you chose John the Fisherman a while back, which to me is pretty much the epitome of irrelevant skills (at least on bass).

so I'm gonna sit this week out and try some improvements on the blues exercises 2 & 3.

Cool. Next time maybe if you don't like a song you can just not play it rather than stepping up to the podium.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Oh, and I also tried the Tightrope, but sorry @@NoonyDeloony, I didn't like it.  It's the first suggestion you've put up that I just haven't got on with.  Maybe I'll get it when I'm sober?  Having said that I had no problem with Apache, when I was probably far more drunk yesterday :).

• Like 4

Finally some music over here ;)

Sigh... Roxette and Black Metal - Soundtrack of my luckywise wasted youth :lol:

Has been awhile since Cradle of Filth here ....

http://i63.tinypic.com/11ih4r9.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/wss4mh.jpg

lil drunk - so more listenin than playin - better scores later that week

• Like 5

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

It's mostly thrash. There are some black metal influences (primarily in the vocals, but also in some of the tremolo picked passages), but like I said, it's still mostly thrash. I know it's not your favorite genre nowadays, but you didn't complain about Megadeth or Austrian Death Machine (which also has harsh vocals. Well, you didn't complain except about the sync being bad.).

an in fact of it's complexity, speed and technically needed high skills it would need many hours of practice for a halfway acceptable score

God forbid some of the top tier guys in MC lead get challenged every so often, rather than just getting to show off.

I have no problem with practicing hours a song I like or something useable, but this time none of them applies

I think that's total BS, and I think you know it is too. Are playing chords, slides, shifting quickly, playing arpeggios, and things like that totally irrelevant to what you play? Do you only fingerpick open strings, or only tap or something? And what exactly does someone like you get out of playing something like the ADM song, other than getting the opportunity to show off?

I'm also going to point out that you chose John the Fisherman a while back, which to me is pretty much the epitome of irrelevant skills (at least on bass).

so I'm gonna sit this week out and try some improvements on the blues exercises 2 & 3.

Cool. Next time maybe if you don't like a song you can just not play it rather than stepping up to the podium.

Oooofff.  Miawww….

I've just told Noony I don't like her song.  I hope she doesn't react like that. :D

• Like 4

I've just told Noony I don't like her song.  I hope she doesn't react like that. :D

There's a difference between "this song doesn't really click with me" and "this song offers nothing and doesn't belong in the championship. I can respect the former position, but I can't really respect the latter.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

There's a difference between "this song doesn't really click with me" and "this song offers nothing and doesn't belong in the championship. I can respect the former position, but I can't really respect the latter.

Well that's not how I read @'s post.  I don't think he said it didn't belong in the Championship, just that he didn't like it and (I inferred) it was no use (to him).  Anyway, I'm off for another beer. :beer: :)

• Like 6

It's mostly thrash. There are some black metal influences (primarily in the vocals, but also in some of the tremolo picked passages), but like I said, it's still mostly thrash. I know it's not your favorite genre nowadays, but you didn't complain about Megadeth or Austrian Death Machine (which also has harsh vocals, though of a significantly different style. Well, you didn't complain except about the sync being bad and notes randomly being dropped.).

What's the matter man? I only said that it's not my taste any more and for me it is no fun to practice this. My time is too expesive for it.

Why is it bullshit if I like to have fun in playing? This competition should be for fun, and this song anyway isn't fun for me.

Practicing should be enjoyable! If I would have forced myself practicing hours, days and weeks songs I really don't like I wouldn't play any instruments any more today. Also if I would force my pupil to practice music they don't want I wouldn't have any more.

It is that kind of music I liked when it was new and esp shocking (and I was young), in the 80s, but I moved on. It's not that I like only specific genres. In my opinion nearly every genre has any good and bad music/bands.

For me this song is mostly technically, I miss any soul in it and I really don't like this kind of vocals (nowadays). I never said anything like this song doesn't belong to the CC, of course it does. Everyone who likes it will have fun practicing it, but I don't like. It only offers nothing TO ME, since I wouldn't have fun.

The ADM for me was really fun to play, not hundreds of parts to learn and memorize, didn't took many hours to get it, and just cool. Always a matter of taste. Megadeth isn't one of my favourites, but some songs are ok to me. It's a little bit strange that I have to explain my taste here  :rolleyes: Also my taste was the reason for John The Fisherman, I just like Primus, and JTF is just too hard for all other classes.

(What's wrong with playing chords on bass in MC?)

• Like 8
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I had a real go at Apache, I am not sure about beat maps & Syncs but if i didn't get 100% my dad would kick my arse on this one so i played and played and played.

I agree with Motive about the one miss = struck, that was a real pain .....and the ending seemed a bit strange, but stuck with it

djo6zwy16d7nzba6g.jpgi also got better on the Coldbound Bass but hoping for 100% on this by the end of the week but not holding my breath as this was an exceptional run through and I'm not even sure i was hitting most of the notes, but this is what RS gave me so i'm keeping it.

4r0dua95wp3qbuo6g.jpgApache rhythm is pretty hard for me, lots of chords, lots of changes + one of the Chords i have never seen before, but i'll get better as the week goes on with any luck

ea8ohxp1ppone1f6g.jpg

• Like 8

@@missis sumner No worries :) it's a fuckin' sausage fest in here the last thing I want to do is alienate my own kind from the champs because they've had a moan about not liking a song :) I'm a moany ol' crone as it is, who'm I to take umbrage ... besides, it might grow on you. It wasn't my thing either, certainly not the type of music to listen to but it made my fingers dance on the frets which is what I like mostly about the Janelle track! 

• Like 6

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony