Anacrusis in GP5

bustakun

Question

Not sure where to post this so posting here.

I am making a CDLC, still in the GP5 stage and having trouble as the first measure is 3 beats though it's 4/4 time. The pickup note appears at the end of the piece.

My issue is doing an anacrusis in GP5, does anyone have experience in this?

7 answers to this question

By "anacrusis"  do you mean that there's a grace note that is played just before the beat?

I'm not sure if you can author this in GP5 or not, but you can always add into EoF manually after you've imported the tab.

the first measure is 3 beats though it's 4/4 time. The pickup note appears at the end of the piece.

You kind of lost me here... so if my answer is off, then hopefully you elaborate on this so I can try again :)

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Just a fore-warning: Many things don't export well from GP6 format to GP5 format. Notes that begin before the actual first measure aren't something that would be able to be imported, your best bet is to author the first measure in 3/4, put any notes in that as appropriate, and then change to 4/4 at the next measure. If you mean "before the beat" grace notes, GP5 supports that, as does EOF as long as you aren't authoring them at the beginning of the first measure because that would constitute a note that begins before the first beat.

• Like 2

The easiest thing to do would be to author the first measure with a three beat rest before the anacrusis, or just change the time signature to 1/4.

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs