WIP - Black Keys - Have Mercy On Me

cstewart

The super long solo is overdubbed and the other guitar keeps going with the same pattern (with variations) underneath it.  I did guitar 1, switched to 2 for the solo, and went back to 1 for the outro since that's what I found a tab for.  It's the same situation as Have Love, Will Travel.

• Like 1

This is the first step in my overly ambitious goal of doing the whole Chulahoma album.

http://i.imgur.com/tUzgCQ0.gif

Seriously, thank you. I absolutely love this album. I'm assuming there are no bass parts, right? I think this album was done when the Keys were still just Dan & Pat...

sleepy

Acoustic Guitar:  Seagull Maritime GT  Playing Since:  8/11/2011

Electric Guitar:  Epiphone Les Paul Jr.  Playing since:  9/25/2013

Bass Guitar:  Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special  Playing Since:  2/17/2014

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

I had a go at it this evening -- so far so good! I played through it a couple of times in LAS at lower DD levels, then  worked on a couple of sections at 100% in the Riff Repeater. Seems pretty accurate -- I wonder if he isn't doing a few more ho/po's in there, but I haven't listened to the song as closely as you have.

I think combining the solo with the main riff the way you did works really well.

I also really like that you split the song into smaller sections. My biggest pet peeve with the official DLCs - we can't set our own loop lengths. Shorter sections is the best workaround for that.

In fact, I was inspired to go ahead and reworked the sections on Pale Blue Eyes.

Can't wait to see more of the Chulahoma project. Definitely the best Black Keys album.

I've only played through this once, but it seems very well made and it was a blast! Definitely above my current abilities, but I found that I enjoyed it more when I manually set RR to about 40% across all sections and pushed myself. At the lower levels I wasn't getting a good feeling for what the song is actually doing or supposed to sound like...certainly nothing you did incorrectly when creating the custom, some songs are just like that when there are so few notes.

Please keep the Chulahoma project going and let me know if you need testers, etc. :)

sleepy

"The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

Yeah, it's a bit above my abilities to play at the moment too.  I thought it would be a nice slow one to start with but apparently I need something even slower if I'm expecting to keep up.

I'll definitely keep going with it.  Just taking it a bit slowly so that I have time to actually play guitar  :-P.  I also tend to start a bunch of customs and let them breathe for a bit before finishing them up.

I'll definitely keep going with it.  Just taking it a bit slowly so that I have time to actually play guitar  :-P.  I also tend to start a bunch of customs and let them breathe for a bit before finishing them up.

No worries, I definitely understand that approach...slow and steady is just fine by me. Thanks again!

sleepy