What I do when someone tells me to put down the bass

TheDeathryder

My Grandpa had the bright idea to tell me that I spend too much time with my bass, and that I should do something else with my time. He quickly regreted it lol. You may want to have any pets leave the room before you hit play. I tried putting this on Youtube, but the copyright bs blocked the audio.

http://sendvid.com/ha3sx6gz

My Customs and DD's

Current Projects:

Suffocation

He thinks it's a waste of time. He also has Alzheimers which is part of the problem, he just gives me a hard time in general and caught me at a bad time. He's 83, I'm 28, and he has the mindset that everyone should do everything exactly the way he does. About an hour before this he had been bitching hard about me not having a "real job" (I'm disabled btw), despite that I handle everything involved in keeping our house and property in order since he and my grandmother aren't able to do a lot of it now. I'm wanting to turn music into my proffesion since I can't physically do most manual labor jobs due to a knee injury I got when I was in highschool, and I can't work a high stress job due to my dissability (My disability, depressive bi-polar, can easily cause me to "snap" once I hit a certain point, or when particular triggers are hit. Meds only go so far.), and white collar work is out since I'm on probation for a felony (I snapped, it'll be taken off my record when I finish my probation though, 9.5 more years to go....). This assuming I even had transportation to begin with. I live in a small town where 95% of the jobs are pretty much entry level retail and fast food.

My Customs and DD's

Current Projects:

Suffocation

Felonies don't come off your record, maybe as a juvenile. Still though with your bi-polar that could be explained as "an episode".

Yeah music could be a totally doable profession. If not playing there's tons of other stuff, mixing, producing, sound board, writing. It's near endless.

It's deffered, that's what takes it off my record. If it wasn't then it would stay. The way the judge explained it, I'm not convicted unless I breach the terms of my probation. This is why I'm still allowed to vote and own firearms even though I've been charged with a felony.

• Like 1

My Customs and DD's

Current Projects:

Suffocation

My Grandpa had the bright idea to tell me that I spend too much time with my bass, and that I should do something else with my time. He quickly regreted it lol. You may want to have any pets leave the room before you hit play. I tried putting this on Youtube, but the copyright bs blocked the audio.

http://sendvid.com/ha3sx6gz

Far be it from me to tell you how to rebel but at 83 I'm sure your grandpa's hearing is not as good as it was and he is unlikely to be offended at your current volume. Get an amp , crank it up and really give the mean old bastard something to complain about. I suggest learning Rage's - Killing In The Name :). Also if he gives you shit about getting a job , tell him you've already told him that you have one ( not nice to lie to Alzheimer patients but if it makes them happy - no harm no foul)

Lol, I have 2 amps, a Spider 3 30w for my guitar, and a Kustom K100 for my bass. I've had the neighbors almost a block away show up with the cops once or twice hehehe

Neither of our hearing is very great, he used to be a gunsmith, and after he taught me what he knew about firearms up through WW1, I got pro training for the modern stuff. Basically, we spent a lot of years shooting shit, and every now and then we blew something up :D Unfortunately I can't get a Class 3 license to run a shop until I'm off probation. Once I get some $$$$ saved up though, I do plan to talk to my PO about having ownership of a shop in my mom's name and work as an employee. There's a lot of loopholes and grey areas legally that have to be sorted out to make that happen though.

One example is that while I'm allowed to own firearms, I'm not allowed to buy them or more ammo than my current stockpile (which is considerable). However, the ATF doesn't recognise firearms produced before 189? (gonna have to look up the exact year again), so you can actually buy them without registering them, and have them shipped through the mail. You can also build firearms and not have to put a serial number on them, or report them to the ATF as long as you don't intend to sell them.

My Customs and DD's

Current Projects:

Suffocation

Lol, I have 2 amps, a Spider 3 30w for my guitar, and a Kustom K100 for my bass. I've had the neighbors almost a block away show up with the cops once or twice hehehe

Neither of our hearing is very great, he used to be a gunsmith, and after he taught me what he knew about firearms up through WW1, I got pro training for the modern stuff. Basically, we spent a lot of years shooting shit, and every now and then we blew something up :D Unfortunately I can't get a Class 3 license to run a shop until I'm off probation. Once I get some $$$$ saved up though, I do plan to talk to my PO about having ownership of a shop in my mom's name and work as an employee. There's a lot of loopholes and grey areas legally that have to be sorted out to make that happen though.

One example is that while I'm allowed to own firearms, I'm not allowed to buy them or more ammo than my current stockpile (which is considerable). However, the ATF doesn't recognise firearms produced before 189? (gonna have to look up the exact year again), so you can actually buy them without registering them, and have them shipped through the mail. You can also build firearms and not have to put a serial number on them, or report them to the ATF as long as you don't intend to sell them.

Dude , don't take this the wrong way but you sound like the kinda guy you see stories about on the news.

Do you think it wise to have access to an arsenal of weapons when you are prone to snapping? I'm from the UK and it seems like insanity to let someone with a diagnosed depressive illness and history of "snapping" anywhere near a gun.

Having said that you do seem like the caring kind and love you grandpa , worts and all. :)

• Like 1

As long as I'm not in a high stress situation I'm stable. Get a bunch of people breathing down my neck, get ready for a fight to be instigated. I'm generally the kind that when I do snap, I want to cause pain, not kill, just a lot of pain. When comes to weapons when I snap, a knife is what you want to be watching for. I also had gun safety drilled into me ever since I can remember, and gun rights are important to me, so I excersise caution with them. I've only ever actually used my gun once, and that was when a drug dealer tried to rip me off. From what I hear he's still hustlin', but his right shoulder doesn't work well anymore. I've been out of that scene for a while now, 3 years sober last month.

That was a very interesting day though, ended up deaf for about a week, blew the passenger side window out of my truck, 2 of 3 rounds hit as he was running away. Never hid a gun and ditched casings so fast in my life. Ended up getting my money and the bud back since I was apparently the only person he knew that knows how to remove a bullet and stitch a wound. I used to make bat shit crazy look like a cuddly kitten back then lol. If you're ever in the area, talk to my old high school teachers, someone who knew me in my early 20's, one of the orderly's at the state mental hospital, and someone that knows me now and try to guess how many personality changes I've gone through. One thing is for sure, my life has never been boring lol.

• Like 1

My Customs and DD's

Current Projects:

Suffocation

As long as I'm not in a high stress situation I'm stable. Get a bunch of people breathing down my neck, get ready for a fight to be instigated. I'm generally the kind that when I do snap, I want to cause pain, not kill, just a lot of pain. When comes to weapons when I snap, a knife is what you want to be watching for. I also had gun safety drilled into me ever since I can remember, and gun rights are important to me, so I excersise caution with them. I've only ever actually used my gun once, and that was when a drug dealer tried to rip me off. From what I hear he's still hustlin', but his right shoulder doesn't work well anymore. I've been out of that scene for a while now, 3 years sober last month.

That was a very interesting day though, ended up deaf for about a week, blew the passenger side window out of my truck, 2 of 3 rounds hit as he was running away. Never hid a gun and ditched casings so fast in my life. Ended up getting my money and the bud back since I was apparently the only person he knew that knows how to remove a bullet and stitch a wound. I used to make bat shit crazy look like a cuddly kitten back then lol. If you're ever in the area, talk to my old high school teachers, someone who knew me in my early 20's, one of the orderly's at the state mental hospital, and someone that knows me now and try to guess how many personality changes I've gone through. One thing is for sure, my life has never been boring lol.

We all go off the rails at some point , just some worse than others lol b

Snapping in the sense of physical is not the same as snapping and shooting people. He sounds like a serious enthusiast which differs from those likely to go on a spree, he is also aware of his issue as such I'm sure the last thing he does is touch a firearm when in that state.

Shooting is relaxing, requires concentration and attention to what you are doing as well as fantastic muscle control. It's an excellent sport both mentally and physically.

You are correct about building your own weapons they don't have to be registered or have serial, though local laws will differ state to state jurisdiction to jurisdiction, so make sure to check your local laws before you start building.

I'm looking at getting some 80% lowers.

• Like 3