Updating download links

Teinashu

• Administrator

A couple of days ago our moderator @Izzy found that there are currently around 6000 to 7000 cdlc with broken or expired download links. These are mostly hosted on Zippy share.

He is currently in the progress of updating all the records with a broken link. 

So if you see one of your CDLC suddenly updated, it means your download link was broken.

Also, we still found several people linking to folders of their CDLC. We will be contacting users about this and give you a week to rectify it. After that we'll be updating the links our self's.

If you have any questions feel free to ask them.

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

A lot of new CDLC need front page (or near to it) exposure in order to get downloads, as otherwise it can be somewhat hard to find them. Given that it sounds like there will be 6,000 impending updates (in addition to whatever new uploads there are), will there be anything done to try to avoid drowning new uploads in pages and pages of updates of old CDLC?

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Administrator

We are working on a way to make sure they don't show up as updated. Till that system if fixed though we'll keep it around 10 per day to not flood all the other customs. 

• Like 4

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

A lot of new CDLC need front page (or near to it) exposure in order to get downloads, as otherwise it can be somewhat hard to find them. Given that it sounds like there will be 6,000 impending updates (in addition to whatever new uploads there are), will there be anything done to try to avoid drowning new uploads in pages and pages of updates of old CDLC?

I agree 1000% i dont want to flood the site with false "new" customs.  this would be bad for us all.  I will take measures to make sure that we dont drown out the new uploads.  Thanks for your input on this! 

• Like 3

In this process would it be possible to 'fix' links that require membership to 'some random site' to download also or the uploader requested to use a site that does not require membership or is a common one that users are likely to be a member of?

• Like 1

• Administrator

@@Gythral Host service who are limiting the download (number, delay, etc.) aren't tolerate and action will be taken toward the user that does use this kind of link. we can't promise that all those linked will be "fixed" via alternative host service but we try to do our best in those situation.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

In this process would it be possible to 'fix' links that require membership to 'some random site' to download also or the uploader requested to use a site that does not require membership or is a common one that users are likely to be a member of?

absolutely! and you can help .. there are 10s of thousands of cdlcs here, and its is nigh impossible for one man to check them all.  If you, or anyone comes across a link that is dead, or takes you to one of those sites you mentioned .. please report the custom so that it can be dealt with in a timely manner.  

Also, we still found several people linking to folders of their CDLC. We will be contacting users about this and give you a week to rectify it. After that we'll be updating the links our self's.

Hi there,

I always linked to folders to also make PC, MAC, XBox 360, PS3 versions available, and lots of people also host DD and non-DD versions of their customs... If we are supposed to directly link to a file, how should be provide the links for the other versions?

Of course the easiest thing is to directly link to the PC version, and include links to all other platforms / DD versions in the description text.

But in my oppinion the most logical thing would be to replace the four platform checkboxes from the edit dialog with input fields for download links. This could at least solve the platform issue

• Like 2

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Administrator

The rule is that you can have a folder for a single song. But not a single folder for all your songs.

So you can keep on using a folder for platforms & DD/no DD versions. 

We do this so when we delete a song because it turns into ODLC the song isn't available anymore through other cdlc of the same charter.

• Like 2

Steam -

Hi there,

I always linked to folders to also make PC, MAC, XBox 360, PS3 versions available, and lots of people also host DD and non-DD versions of their customs... If we are supposed to directly link to a file, how should be provide the links for the other versions?

Of course the easiest thing is to directly link to the PC version, and include links to all other platforms / DD versions in the description text.

But in my oppinion the most logical thing would be to replace the four platform checkboxes from the edit dialog with input fields for download links. This could at least solve the platform issue

Absolutely .. each song should be in its own folder .. this included DD and non DD.. plus any different platforms .. as long as its all the same song.  where we run into problems, is when people put different songs in the same folder.  

one of the problems that are happening, is if a song is made officially by UBI, we take down the download link for any customs of that song.  but if the song is in a folder with other songs .. the "taken down" song is still available and could appear that we are condoning it.  

The rule is that you can have a folder for a single song. But not a single folder for all your songs.

So you can keep on using a folder for platforms & DD/no DD versions. 

We do this so when we delete a song because it turns into ODLC the song isn't available anymore through other cdlc of the same charter.

You explain things SO much clearer than i do

hats off to ya!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Copy.com is going away too. I realize that a majority of my customs are through that site and I am currently in the process of replacing the Download Links to my Customs.

yeah :( its a shame too! copy.com is bad, onedrive seems to be bad also

Copy.com is going away too. I realize that a majority of my customs are through that site and I am currently in the process of replacing the Download Links to my Customs.

yeah :( its a shame too! copy.com is bad, onedrive seems to be bad also

I moved to Google Drive

• 1 month later...