Problem with high E string?

instantdeath999

Question

I've been playing Rocksmith 2014 for awhile, but have only recently been hit with a really strange problem: namely, that it won't read the 9th fret of my high e string. Very specific problem, I know.

Now, I've done some research, and I've covered most of the typical problems. I've turned the microphone setting in Rocksmith up. I've turned my guitar's volume all the way up. Aside from all that, the most obvious culprit would probably be the guitar's intonation is wrong. And while that probably is the case- I've had the guitar for nearly ten years- I've also tried it on another electric guitar, and an acoustic electric. They won't register the 9th fret of the high E string either. Finally, I tried buying another Rocksmith cable. Same issue.

It's really odd, as just the other day it was working. I'm playing "Life in Technicolor", and 99% it just a few days ago. I try it now, and there's an entire section I miss notes constantly because it uses that C# note frequently.

I don't know. Any ideas?

4 answers to this question

@@instantdeath999 - Just curious, is it just when playing that C# there, or does it also occur on the B string? How about when you're in Eb tuning, does it cause misses on the 9th fret, 10th fret, or neither?

I'm kind of curious because I've actually had some (temporary) problems with Rocksmith detecting the E2 note on my bass, regardless of tuning or which string I play it on. If it was an E2 it wouldn't register at least a noticeable percentage of the time.

Based on the fact that it's happened with multiple instruments my first guess would that it's something to do with your cable, though I'd be hard pressed to explain why a frequency dependent lack of transmission would occur.

It's also possible that it's something with Rocksmith itself. Maybe try recalibrating or something?

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

I have experienced this a few times over the years and from memory I think 2 resolutions were to change your strings of they were tired and also pressing too hard when fretting can cause it

Luckily it hasn't happened for a long time but just think back to how much your finger tips used to hurt when you started playing and have ridges, or maybe that was just me