Locked Approved CDLC Filter

Would you like to see an Approved CDLC Filter?  

446 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an Approved CDLC Filter?

Hey !

Im all pro for approved section. And the points that were earlier stated by members are

absolutely crucial (f.e. Uncle Waldo). I agree with the DD, which should be on every 'approved'

I haven't had the time to read all the comments, but if we are thinking about the

badge system -> with votes. I see there a problem that I experienced when

the star rating system came to smythy's. 

For example -> I make CDLC, that is not that bad, has some flaws and people rate it as bronze.

With the next update I fix all the flaws and the CDLC has quality of gold custom, but since the 

previous version was bronze level and people already voted, it stays there or goes max to silver.

Do you have this figured out ? If you do ignore my post and just know that I support the ambitions

to distinguish good cdlc from bad one ! Thanks for the effort

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !" 

I use DD all the time for the official Rocksmith songs. For the most part, they've been pretty carefully developed. At least it seems like someone took the time to make the choices about what to show for each progressive level.

That said, anyone who'd attempt to program DD in EOF has my admiration. Just the amount of time that would take -- just to make the right choices about what to include and what not to include.

The DDC works pretty well, all things considered. It's easy enough to add that to a psarc, so I don't see why we shouldn't do this.

More important than DD, I think is dividing the song up into sections. One huge disappointment of the RS2014 Riff Repeater is that the sections are still too long (in official songs).

But CDLCs give us control over this. I'd like to see people be encouraged to add a lot more sections to each file -- it's easy to combine small sections. It's annoying to have to wait through an entire long section just to see the one or two notes you're not quite getting.

Apart from a checklist, though, I'm against ratings of any kind. That just encourages bad blood -- and trolls. The comment threads are there for people to alert charters if something's not quite right with a custom. I know that's helped me out a lot.

• Like 2

I'm not too fond of a black-and-white approved/(dis/un)approved for a complete song. I guess it could be somewhat divided into sections: tone, sync, accurate notes, DD©, RR, and this per arrangement, and lyrics.

All 'my' CDLC's are free to be improved upon and re-released by anybody. Constructive comments are welcome as well :)

• Administrator

I feel like what I said earlier isn't getting through honestly. It is NOT going to be a separate section, yet everyone is still talking about their concern for an "approved section". That's not what it is! In our existing search there will be a way to sort through approved customs, just like you would sort by artist or by date updated or by tuning. So get out of the mindset that we're going to separate unapproved from approved customs cause that's not how it's going to go.

Sorry if I sound annoyed but I'm feeling a hell of a lot like a broken record right about now.

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

I understand the frustration BakerBauer, but I think the reason everyone is thinking it will be a separate section is because the topic title and question is inferring that there is a separate section. The title and question should be reworded.

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

Don't want DD (Dynamic Difficulty)? Here are simple steps to get rid of DD after starting the song. Note that once the song is changed for no DD it will keep these settings in Riff Repeater forever unless you change it!

• Hit Spacebar for Riff Repeater.
  • Then hold 0 to select all Sections.
  • Then increase difficulty to 100%.
  • Turn off level up (which will also stop from leveling down).
  • Now hit Delete to resume song or Esc to restart song.

Doesn't work here if I restart song...

DD is work of the devil ;)

All my customs can be found here :)

Hi guys

First of all, good job on this website. It's a heaven's sent for everyone like me who is not extremely technical savvy, at least not enough to create customs, but want to play their favorite songs in Rocksmith.

On that same note, this is exactly why an approved section would work so well and why I voted yes. 

Why would you want to post and share anything that's not complete? 

Rocksmith has brought the fun back into learning songs, and downloading and trying to play incomplete songs is frustrating and takes away from that experience. 

I understand that some of you just want to share the songs you like in the RS format by any means you can, but to 90% of those who download them, we want a song that adheres to the quality of original dlc. 

I don't want songs that freezes, or has no lyrics, or has one of the three guitar tracks, we want to learn the complete song like it is presented by Ubisoft as well.

At least this is my view of it, I'm not presenting it as an universal one.

Thanks

Hi guys

First of all, good job on this website. It's a heaven's sent for everyone like me who is not extremely technical savvy, at least not enough to create customs, but want to play their favorite songs in Rocksmith.

I understand that some of you just want to share the songs you like in the RS format by any means you can, but to 90% of those who download them, we want a song that adheres to the quality of original dlc. 

Well, to give a little perspective -- we've all lived for years (some of us for decades) with inaccurate tab, lyrics etc. Something that has always surprised me. And yes, it's frustrating and disappointing. But since they've always been free, it's hard to complain.

As for posting CDLCs before they're perfect: It's not as simple as that. We don't have the same tools as the Ubisoft team (and they've got a professional, dedicated team making DLCs). So people are doing the best they can.

Speaking personally, I posted my first CDLC knowing it wasn't 100% but believing it was close enough to be useful. And hoping that others can possibly point out any flaws errors, etc.

And I'm finding it very helpful to play the song (it's one of my favorites, and it's not an easy one to master) and test it myself in the meantime, because the better I know the song, the more I can spot and fix problems. I plan on posting an update fairly soon. But these problems aren't severe enough to disrupt the learning process. They might make it difficult to get 100% mastery, but then, it's also hard to tell what part is my fault and what part of that is Rocksmith's buggy note recognition.

• Like 1

• Administrator

Hello all,Thanks for the feedback, I will be closing this topic and we will figure something out (and most likely have a vote for that system). 

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)