Locked Approved CDLC Filter

Would you like to see an Approved CDLC Filter?  

446 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see an Approved CDLC Filter?

I'm a guy who believes in completeness.  If I chart a song, I chart all the parts, and add all the 'bonus' to it (DD, sections, etc).  I think approved songs should be as such.  I want my song to be indistinguishable from official DLC, and I believe providing options is a good thing.  It's easy to add DD to a song, and I like the level markers in it.

I've also added non DD bonus arrangements for the DD rage crowd.  Again, I believe in options.

I chart songs I can't play because I want to learn how to play them.  You don't necessarily have to be able to play them to ensure the chart is right.

...and...

As a side note, it's cool to be passionate, but lets keep it civil in here, peeps.  Everyone should be entitled to their own opinion without hostility.  It's getting a little heated and it's easy for things to boil over.

Rock On

• Like 1

Ubuntu Studio FTW

http://ubuntustudio.org/

I have voted yes!

I believe that if an "approved" tag/column were added to the current CDLC Search list, to distinguish those that have reached the official DLC level of completeness and have been verified, it would make it fast and helpful for everyone!

Keep in mind that many of the submitted songs won't have all 4 tracks (L,R,B,V). Some may only have one, a solo instrumental for instance. If done properly and otherwise complete, this should still be verified and "Approved"!

I also think that the creators of the content should do the DD while packaging. The chances are that it is a noob like me that needs the DD and is  also not very familiar with the toolkit! Where it would take the creator a minute or two, it would take a noob/me several just to find the instructions.

Thanks for reading my 2 cents worth!

Thanks to everyone who is working on this outstanding educational music system! :)

I just reverted my "YES" into a "NO" because I realized that a "YES" means voting for "a new CDLC area for APPROVED CDLC's only".

From reading the posts here, it seems like the majority (of those who post at least) are for an integrated system into the current search engine... still we have almost 90% in favor of the seperate list...

If you, just like me, thought your vote is for the general idea of an approval system, please check your selection :-)

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Administrator

It hasn't been decided yet what kind of system is going to be used. The vote is basically for If you want the system or not. Could be a separate search engine, but most likely it will be an addition too the existing search engine.

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

• Administrator

ATTENTION!

This is NOT going to a separate section! There will be three filters - approved, unapproved, and in progress. The default will be to show all customs, but you can filter if you would like to see only approved customs. It will be integrated within our current search. Hopefully this clears a few things up for everyone :)

• Like 8

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

It is very nice to have approved cdlc's. Playing the right sequence of the notes is very important in the feeling.

Two suggestions: 1- distinguish quality publishers so they earn level or reputation from each approved cdlc.this will encourage ppl.

2- create team of testers .I don't know how you what to choose. But anyone that reviews the song at least once and rate or post a comment is sufficient.

If there ever will be an official list of things required for the "perfect" CDLC, I would like to add "section names"!

When you name the sections of a song "intro", "chrous", "verse", "brigde", "solo" and so on, Rocksmith regognizes those names ingame. So when you mess up the solo, the recommendation for that song will most likely be "go practise that solo", or "seems like you're having trouble with that chorus" and so forth! While this is not very important, it adds to the authentency of our CDLC. Also, I think it helps the DDC to do a good job. This is important if DD doesn't make it onto that official list :-)

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

ATTENTION!This is NOT going to a separate section! There will be three filters - approved, unapproved, and in progress. The default will be to show all customs, but you can filter if you would like to see only approved customs. It will be integrated within our current search. Hopefully this clears a few things up for everyone :)

Sweet! Sounds good to me. I wouldn't have thought you would make a seperate list. Just requires adding some more columns to the table in the database for all the songs and updating the CDLC Search a little.

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

Hi everybodyI haven' t read all the posts ( too many and then English isn't my first language ) somaybe I repeat what other already said, anyway...Am I in favor of creating an " approved " section?I vote yesPartly because this can be a sort of gratification for the creators, butmostly as a tool to distinguish works that is worth to download[/color],considering that by now the number of cdlcin the data base is growing like mushrooms after the rain: I'd like to know that a dlc ishigh-quality before I download it.But...If we choose to approve only dlcs which have all the arrangements, thenI think we have to consider some other things.I am a beginner bassist, never played a guitar neither I think I will, so to me a dlc isgood if it contains a good bass, no matter if just the bass. I guess it is vice-versa forsome guitarists.What I mean to say is thatwe should pay attention to distinguish high-quality works fromthose other ones that still need to be worked onHigh quality to me means that a custom -is as accurate as possible  ( in my little experience I saw that     many tabs we can found in the net are not so accurate and need to be corrected) -has the riff repeater and dd working (as a beginner I'm not able to play most of the dlc with no-dd )  -is playable with no issues ( like freezes, crashes...) I propose: let's distinguish good works from the bad ones firstly, then the completed goodones can be candidated to approval.I also propose[/color] that who made a dlc with one or more parts  missing can decide to tag itas an " open project ", making all his project files ( tabs, .eof files...) available toany other member who wants to complete his work.Then, if the dlc is completed and judged good it can be candidate to approval as a multi-author one.I hope my English is understandable

ATTENTION!

This is NOT going to a separate section! There will be three filters - approved, unapproved, and in progress. The default will be to show all customs, but you can filter if you would like to see only approved customs. It will be integrated within our current search. Hopefully this clears a few things up for everyone :)

It sounds good to me!

I'd like to see an 'approved' filter as a way to try more complete songs.

Ideally I think it would be best to have multiple levels to 'approved' though, as stated earlier.  

I have some hope that I can make a couple of customs, but I'm not worth a damn on Bass and won't be able to make the Bass track even with tabs.  I have no ear for bass, I tried.  I'd hate to not be able to get to 'approved' because I'm missing Bass.

My preference would be something like bronze/silver/gold where:

Bronze has at least one part that is complete and accurate, like Rhythm Guitar is complete and playable and proper tone, but missing lead and bass.

Silver has at least two complete parts, Lead and Bass, or maybe Lead and artwork and lyrics and proper tone

Gold is fully complete, Rocksmith caliber.

If I may provide my outlook on this:

The guys who share on this site are those who like this game and are technically savvy enough to make their own songs to upload to the game. This is already excellent in itself.  When you share it though, you must take into consideration that not everyone has the means of capabilities to do this.  But they still like this game and want to play their favorite songs with it.

When you share a file, 9 out of 10 times, the guy downloading it does not have the means to create customs himself and will want the quality that the official dlc's and content come with.  So when you are sharing files that are incomplete or of low quality, you are sharing what only you find acceptable to yourself. 

There can't be a downside to an approved section because by the standards set, only songs that are complete will be approved and why do you want to share incomplete files or download one?

Thanks

To Echo what bo3bber said above:

I am in the reverse position. I put a good amount of effort into my bass releases, I don't have much will to get into guitar tabbing since my band duties rarely call for me to pick up a guitar.

I don't mind adding Vocals or Proper Riff repeater sections; I think he is spot on when he says an approved-tiered (bronze, silver,gold) system would be great, so those who do release quality single tracks aren't left off the approved list completely.

I don't own a bass doesn't mean you shouldn't include it I include them in mine and people give feedback as to if its wrong or needs adjusting.

I understand, but I tried, really I did. I've made a custom track that I'm happy with the guitar, and I tried to add the Bass to make it complete and better all around.  Only problem is I had my Bass friend try it, and he said it's completely wrong.  So rather than post something just wrong, I've held off. I just don't have the talent or ear to chart the Bass.  Maybe we can get to something where I make the part I can do, and ask for someone else's help to chart the Bass.

If I have to be stuck in the non-approved category because of lack of Bass that would be OK, but it'd be nice to have levels of 'approved.'  For me at least, this would give me more incentive to finish up what I've got.

I vote yes.

But I don't understand the need for all parts.

Is it correct that every official song has all parts?

Also if the custom is to match an official song, I think that a lot of people creating customs will fall short, even though the customs are fairly accurate and very playable.

For example, while I have no idea whether my 2 customs are any good (no feedback yet- hint hint!), riff repeater seems to work fine, yet I have no idea how that happened nor even how to make riff repeater not work, let alone all the other little idiosyncrasies needed to match official songs.

Just my 2 cents worth (not worth much - Aussie dollar :-P)