Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 124

@ Sure mate. I didn't know you guys guided by that. I never looked a it myself :D

• Like 1

--

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer - Click on the image below

Poison - Talk Dirty To Me - Click on the image below

Hx5WMkJm.jpg   5Uw4FEgm.jpg

Europe - The Final Countdown (Guitar cover): Click here to watch

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/NunoJBSilvaGuitar
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nunojbsilva.guitarist/
Fb profile: https://www.facebook.com/NunoJBSilva.Musician

@@firekorn, and others whom it may concern - 

After thinking about this a bit more, here's my suggestion.

As of the current time, we have a mechanism in place to give a sort of feedback to the authors of the chosen CDLC, in that we always have a post that gives difficulty ratings. My suggestion is using that (or possibly piggybacking on that) to also give feedback on the DLC.

To get into the specifics a bit more, we would have someone (quite possibly me, as I wouldn't want to burden the organizers more) who aggregates the feedback (and modifications, if made) throughout the week for each custom, then at the end of the week sends everything in a PM to the charter of the CDLC. If no response or update happens by the time the difficulty ratings are posted, this feedback will also be posted on the record page.

Would this be acceptable for everyone? This would allow for discussion and testing of changes here, while still guaranteeing that the feedback makes its way to the charter in an orderly fashion.

• Like 11

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

I like @@albatross213 suggestion. That way we get customs for the week updated quickly, without have to wait for the charter who may be busy/rarely online, while they get the input of multiple championship players to help improve the custom where needed. That's a win win situation in my book.

Anyway, updates.

100% Megadeth bass (the older version)

http://s11.postimg.org/usyzzfuoj/megadeth_architecture_of_aggression_bass.png

First try putting the rhythm part together (newest version), quite a bit of improvement possible but I'm finding it quite tiring on the fretting hand.

Still working on the lead path.

http://s7.postimg.org/roxhcvzzv/megadeth_architecture_of_aggression_rhythm.png

• Like 7

Had to go to post office to pick up my Pratchet books ( ^_^ ), so late response.

@@then3verend and @@firekorn are right - all of our concerns must be told to charters.

Ok, so we want to discuss if there are problems. Good. As @@albatross213 has proved that he is reliable charter, I like his idea of him contacting charters (which shouldn't exclude other's to voice their opinions, especially Organizers RNG'ing songs for next week :) ). Still I would like those feedback to be posted in record page. That's the place for disscussion about custom, and that's also a good place for other members to check if custom is alright. PM'ing is good as well so it can go together if you want. Still i think that record page should be the 1st option (as it's visible to others).

So we should voice our concerns here, as many of us (me included) many time are not sure whether we're right or no.

When charter is working on improving his/her custom, being currently played in Championship, he/she are allowed to use us as guinea pigs. And agreed that not posting it later (of course if custom is improved, not worse) in Ignition is awful.

Runned out time, if I missed something... next time :lol:

edit: Some parts might be outdated :lol:

• Like 4

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@@Mortalo So it all not matter, with new rules CF:

• Download links to CDLC are only allowed in the CDLC Database and Workshop area. If you need to link to a song, give a link to the recordpage

So we can relax and don`t waste own time there for improving another`s cdlc

(bcs of feedback in cdlc page usless most time, charters have very slow reaction, if at all is some reaction or charter agree with changes). 

Else some one of us must contact with admins for request update CF rules, where allowed link cdlc yet in CS area , but seems me this shit added  special for us, and no chance.

• Administrator

Okay let's make it clear, this rule is to avoid having link of different version floating around with no way for the people concern by it knowing it.

That being said it doesn't block any of you to discuss anything about the custom you are playing and you can always link to your comment which would just make the download one click away than it is right now which seems like a small amount of time loss for a greater benefit to everyone in general.

Discussion is still open and you can always voicing your concern to the admin directly as they are the ones making the final decision here if you feel like this new rule is unfair.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@firekorn All changes, fixed cdlc, and suggestions, we all there, always send to PM original charters, so there nothing lost in deep, if charter care about update.

ps. but if we can not post link there for testing and got feedback, so how we can improve other`s cdlc?

Pps. My suggestion

1. Allowed direst link to cdlc for us on CS.

2 We always when choosing a songs for week challenge will make post announce in topic of cdlc (at ignition) and charter can read all feedback there in during one week.

3. If charter is not active send him to PM suggestion at the end week.

@@firekorn - With the enactment of this rule after my appeal for an open discussion regarding this issue, it seems like you (not necessarily you personally, but the mod team, administration, or whatever) have had very little respect for our opinions so far in this process. Why should we expect contacting the admins directly to be any different?

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Okay let's make it clear, this rule is to avoid having link of different version floating around with no way for the people concern by it knowing it.

That being said it doesn't block any of you to discuss anything about the custom you are playing and you can always link to your comment which would just make the download one click away than it is right now which seems like a small amount of time loss for a greater benefit to everyone in general.

Discussion is still open and you can always voicing your concern to the admin directly as they are the ones making the final decision here if you feel like this new rule is unfair.

If you're concerned about avoiding different versions floating around without charters being aware, @@albatross213 's solution is perfect. Every time a CDLC that is high quality but has room for improvement is chosen for the CS, we spend a week collaborating on the chart, and then at the end the original author gets a "CS Approved" version that they are free to use or disregard at their discretion. 

I don't understand why every single tiny tweak needs to be amended to their record page - as has been pointed out, flooding an author's notifications for a week just so they're kept up-to-date in real time seems unnecessary. I don't understand why we can only link to edits for the CS externally from the record page - it's the same content, just with a bigger paper trail. 

Just seems like unnecessary inconvenience for everyone when our CS charters are simply trying to have a good competition and improve the content available on the site.

• Like 7

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

http://i.imgur.com/TCkT9e5.jpg

Just chuggin' away on this. Really killer solo performance but the streak tells you how sloppy I was on the riff. :P

http://i.imgur.com/DpppvvQ.jpg

If I'm gonna practice the riff anyway, I might as well get a score for it, right?

• Like 7

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Scandal%20-%20Shunkan%20Sentimental%20-%

• Like 7

--

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer - Click on the image below

Poison - Talk Dirty To Me - Click on the image below

Hx5WMkJm.jpg   5Uw4FEgm.jpg

Europe - The Final Countdown (Guitar cover): Click here to watch

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/c/NunoJBSilvaGuitar
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nunojbsilva.guitarist/
Fb profile: https://www.facebook.com/NunoJBSilva.Musician

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

small improvement, but still not enough

http://up.picr.de/24835401vg.jpg

• Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

If you're concerned about avoiding different versions floating around without charters being aware, @@albatross213 's solution is perfect. Every time a CDLC that is high quality but has room for improvement is chosen for the CS, we spend a week collaborating on the chart, and then at the end the original author gets a "CS Approved" version that they are free to use or disregard at their discretion. 

I don't understand why every single tiny tweak needs to be amended to their record page - as has been pointed out, flooding an author's notifications for a week just so they're kept up-to-date in real time seems unnecessary. I don't understand why we can only link to edits for the CS externally from the record page - it's the same content, just with a bigger paper trail. 

Just seems like unnecessary inconvenience for everyone when our CS charters are simply trying to have a good competition and improve the content available on the site.

Editing someone elses work is always a hot topic.

For me the sad thing here is that likely the optimisation of the files might be stopped without any charter having complained against it (at least i havent been confronted in the last months).

If so it will again lead to recharts from scratch in many cases and more versions of the same song in ignition which i think really noone wants, to the dump of a lot of songs in the CS, more work and surely not to better overall quality.

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Rodman I fully agree. Our CS have other side at some times it work as community workshop, thanks our great guitarists-charter like @, @@Nacholede, @@albatross213 and all our participants who hard played and testing updated cdlc. CF nothing got goods from new rules, we only lost some great cdlc. And yet out participants  at CS can get some helpful knowns about building cdlc , theory, fingers position and other tips -  thanks this discussion. And if i can somehow partially understood this rules for other`s cdlc, but for our own works it uniquely stupid rules.

• Like 7

http://i.imgur.com/xek3GJ9.jpg?1

Cross came in one of the early sections. And I learned that C -> Fmaj7 transition :)

http://i.imgur.com/XNrhQpI.jpg?1

Way too fast, way too good.

• Like 8

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I liked both songs, already knew Band on the Run. Now Shunkan Sentimental was very very fun to play, is one of those song I wouldn't have the album but when it comes to playing it, well that's an entirely different thing.

http://s29.postimg.org/ntivl1t9j/20160311184448_1.jpg
http://s22.postimg.org/wxrj884j5/20160311185625_1.jpg

• Like 13

heres my scores for this week, I haven't improved today as I cut my middle finger of my fretting hand at work so it was a bit painful using bone instead of skin on the strings.

9pcx7ychaamgsae6g.jpghnym2fcjzv508k86g.jpgtxqkogaomdarvut6g.jpgI may have exaggerated the cut on my finger slightly but couldn't think of another excuse.

Thanks again for getting me to try new songs i wouldn't otherwise try.

• Like 10