How to record RS2014 using Shadowplay (Nvidia Users Only)

FearTheTitan

Here's a quick tutorial on how I record

using Shadowplay. The good thing about Shadowplay is as it uses your graphics card to encode the videos you get very little FPS drop so this will be beneficial to lower spec machines.

1st. First thing you'll want to do is locate your recording devices, usually by right-clicking the sound icon at the bottom right in your taskbar and selecting "Recording Devices".

http://i.imgur.com/yhk1UvA.jpg

2nd. Next you'll want to make sure your Stereo Mix is set to Default Device and Default Communications Device. If you don't see Stereo Mix here select Show Disabled Devices.

http://i.imgur.com/kH7U1zy.png

3rd. Once you have that sorted head into your Shadowplay settings through GeForce Experience (required to use Shadowplay) and set your microphone to always on.

a9f466feac8d253f66b9191d781b6649.png

5th. Click on the Shadowplay button up the top right to bring it up.

35e48931e10252ae38029da63f2d4cb0.png

6th. Lastly you'll need to set the audio to be recorded from In-Game & Microphone. The reason this is done is due to Rocksmith taking control of your audio devices just selecting "In-game" will get no sound. But because you've set your Stereo Mix to Default Communication device the microphone that is recorded is your game sound. It sounds backwards but it really works and this allows you to keep Audio Exclusivity on, resulting in lower latencies. I would recommend setting your recording mode to Manual so you can stop and start your recordings yourself.

http://i.imgur.com/n2UpZDD.png

Here are my Rocksmith.ini settings for Audio.

14d3e4458369b5a159c66ddf81a0895e.png

And that's it. You should recording very easily now.

• Like 3

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Excellent guide!

I have been thinking about start recording again for long, just never found the time to go through setting up another tool, and i was annoyed to have to turn audio exclu. off.

Shadowplay is installed on my laptop, and the amd pendant (cant remember the name) on my RS machine - should work pretty the same way if there is an ingame+mic option.....

No excuses left ;)

thx

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.