Create custom quickly?

Nithrash

Question

Hello everyone, I would love to start creating cdlc on my own and make the ones I like, but I do not know English well and I find it hard to follow the tutorial also because it is too long.

I was wondering if there is a faster and easier way to do this without you lose too much time, I'm interested only I post cdlc with the tablature without DD and nothing else. Have you any suggestions? Thank you all.

Gender is sometimes confusing in other languages. I remember hearing about an Andrea who was once introduced at a talk as a female because the person introducing him didn't do their research.

Anyway, phrases aren't really something that you have to worry much about adding manually. They should be taken care of when you add sections, and to do that you

-Right-click on the beat markers (arrows) above where the notes are entered. This will define the beat where the section starts.

-Open up the section menu with Shift+S.

-Make sure the "Also add as RS phrase" box is checked.

-Choose a title from the list for your section. They don't really matter (so I tend to just call everything riff), but the first one on a path should be called "Intro".

-If you want to be lazy but still have pretty useful sectioning, adding a section every 4 measures through a solo and 8 measures throughout the rest of the song usually works pretty well (sometimes if the tempo is slow or the solo or any riffs are exceptionally technical it can help to have more).

For syncing, the main things I'd recommend are:

-Get the big, obvious things in place. The beginning and ends of many pieces of the song are pretty easy to figure out. For example, the start and finish of the song itself, verses, chorus, solos, pauses, big tempo changes, and things like that are often pretty easy to pinpoint in the audio.

-Once the big things are in place, you should only need to make relatively small adjustments to get everything else in place (though time signature changes that change the bottom number might cause problems).

-Learn to use spectrogram view. Kick, snare, and tom drums all have pretty obvious signatures in spectrogram view, even in saturated mixes. Drums being drums, they're usually pretty regular throughout most of the song.

-If your computer can handle it, a playback rate of 50% can help out in particularly troublesome spots.

But a lot of it is just experience. As you do more songs, you'll get better at it and better at recognizing small cues that help with syncing.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

how do you know my name? and what do you mean?

Your toolkit error report shows that your PC name is Nicola , Your profile lists you as male , In the UK Nicola is a girl only name. It was a joke which has now backfired.

No Nicola is a male name, just in case "Nicole" is female :)

Quieter nothing happened, peace ;)

Well now I know :)

• Like 1

I'm sorry guys, I tried and tried but I'm not good in the only important thing, I just can not synchronize the entire song, it makes me mad ... we see that are not taken for this and I am very disappointed because I wanted to create my CDLC. So I give up :(

Thanks anyway for your help I appreciate it

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Like albatross said you can try GoPlayAlong. You can sync your tab with the mp3 first. With a full version you can export the xml and just import it into eof.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@ - If GPA isn't an option, the other thing I'd recommend is starting with some easy stuff.

Start with something reasonably slow and with a simple drumbeat. A lot of 60s rock (e.g. Beatles, Rolling Stones) is good for this. Then gradually build up towards faster/crazier drumbeats, more time signature changes, and so on. I probably synced and resynced 10 songs before I actually released anything, and didn't figure out most of the tricks I have for syncing until doing something like 50 customs. And there are things that I still have trouble with (old Kreator is one of them).

If you have any syncs you want feedback on, send me the .psarc or the notes.eof and guitar.ogg files together, and I'll try to make screenshots or something to show where to improve them and hopefully help you pick up a few tricks.

Don't give up!

• Like 1

@ - I had another idea, though it will significantly limit what you can chart. 

In more progressive and technical genres (especially metal), many bands now "quantize" the track, meaning that the bpm is (usually) exactly an integer, and all notes are exactly on the divisions of the beat. Practically speaking, this means that you don't need to do any syncing beyond entering the bpm in the tab and lining up the start of the song. So if there's enough stuff in those genres that you like, you can start out by only doing quantized tracks.

I'm not sure exactly when this started becoming widespread, but you definitely see it a lot more in albums released after 2009. Bands that I've worked on that have had quantized tracks are 

Between the Buried and Me (Misdirect onwards, but they have so many tempo changes syncing still isn't completely trivial)

Blotted Science

Dream Theater (most recent album, maybe all of their post-Portnoy ones?)

Galneryus (at least most recent album)

Haken

Intervals

Obscura

Riverside (SoNGS onward)

Spawn of Possession

Symphony X (Iconoclast onward)

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

GPA is still the easiest and most comfortable way to sync a GP tab with audio, for me anyway. I do all my syncings with it. You also can try it first with the free version just to test, but exporting the files is only available in the full version (~15€).

Of course you can do it in eof, but for me it looks much more complicated that way. GPA still releases many updates and fixes. I'm doing only any corrections in eof.

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png