Create custom quickly?

Nithrash

Question

Hello everyone, I would love to start creating cdlc on my own and make the ones I like, but I do not know English well and I find it hard to follow the tutorial also because it is too long.

I was wondering if there is a faster and easier way to do this without you lose too much time, I'm interested only I post cdlc with the tablature without DD and nothing else. Have you any suggestions? Thank you all.

So I give up :(

NO!!!

Do not give up, you will be great charter only takes time.  You are good on guitar, this is most important when you make the customs.

Fuck GoPlayAlong, do it on EOF.  I do all my songs on EoF.  You have very dedicated person (raynebc) who makes EoF and tries to answer all questions.  You get no "official" support from GPA.

I can also answer EoF questions.

We need charters who can play guitar and know what charts look like.  You must try harder :D

• Like 3

Download the hack and you can rank to master charter level 1000 :lol:

There is no quick way to learn, it depends on the person learning.  But you have played so many customs (great channel btw) that at least you will know what you like and what you want the chart to look like.  So you do have an advantage over most people :D

• Like 1

@@SkullRock -

The absolute minimum that you can get away with is just learning how to sync. There are several tutorials tailored specifically to this subject, and some of them are in videos (so hopefully easier to understand without being fluent in English). If you have trouble syncing, you can try using GoPlayAlong to do it for you.

I'd also highly recommend doing riff repeater sections because it doesn't take too long to add (you can even do it while syncing) and actually makes it possible to practice the song. Playing through songs at full speed can be fun, but it's not the most effective way to improve at playing the song (or practicing guitar techniques in general).

But most other things I'd say aren't really necessary to make an enjoyable DLC. You definitely don't need lyrics. Some of the most downloaded (which does not mean best) CDLC don't have lyrics, and many of mine don't since lyrics aren't really what I'm looking for when I'm trying to play guitar or bass. I'm not a huge DD fan, but you can also add DD with very little effort (go to DDC tab of the toolkit, add the .psarc, then generate DD and you're done after a brief wait) for anyone who wants it.

Also, for converting the audio, I recommend not using Wwise directly. Use a recent (beta) version of the toolkit, and after installing Wwise, point the toolkit to it and add the guitar.ogg file as the audio file and the toolkit will convert it to a .wem file when you generate the .psarc. It's much more convenient and intuitive than using Wwise directly.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@SkullRock -

The absolute minimum that you can get away with is just learning how to sync. There are several tutorials tailored specifically to this subject, and some of them are in videos (so hopefully easier to understand without being fluent in English). If you have trouble syncing, you can try using GoPlayAlong to do it for you.

I'd also highly recommend doing riff repeater sections because it doesn't take too long to add (you can even do it while syncing) and actually makes it possible to practice the song. Playing through songs at full speed can be fun, but it's not the most effective way to improve at playing the song (or practicing guitar techniques in general).

But most other things I'd say aren't really necessary to make an enjoyable DLC. You definitely don't need lyrics. Some of the most downloaded (which does not mean best) CDLC don't have lyrics, and many of mine don't since lyrics aren't really what I'm looking for when I'm trying to play guitar or bass. I'm not a huge DD fan, but you can also add DD with very little effort (go to DDC tab of the toolkit, add the .psarc, then generate DD and you're done after a brief wait) for anyone who wants it.

Also, for converting the audio, I recommend not using Wwise directly. Use a recent (beta) version of the toolkit, and after installing Wwise, point the toolkit to it and add the guitar.ogg file as the audio file and the toolkit will convert it to a .wem file when you generate the .psarc. It's much more convenient and intuitive than using Wwise directly.

Hello thanks for the suggestions, I tried but at the time of conversion with the toolkit gives me this error

http://s15.postimg.org/ozz8fe757/Cattura.png

I have already installed Wwise

Ok I think I'm beginning to understand how to create basic course for the moment I have only entered the tablature and nothing else but it's a great start for me, I just have to figure out how to add the custom tone or the original tone of the song if you can do and then, after several tests the post My first CDLC

• Like 1

Adding tone changes in EoF isn't too hard. The real art is actually producing good tones. As you've done a lot of playthroughs, you probably know some tones that you like, which is always a good start.

For tone changes, here's what you need to do in EoF:

1) Whenever you want to place a tone change, press Ctrl+Shift+T, then enter the tone name (you can edit these later). The tone name is case sensitive, and the tone change is placed at whatever time the green bar is at.

2) Set a default tone, which is the tone that will be used at the start of the song. (I also usually place a tone change with the default tone at the start of the song). You can do this by going to Track -> Rocksmith -> Tone Change -> Names. You can also rename the tones here.

You can only use at most four tones on each track, so keep that in mind.

And here's what you need to do in the toolkit:

1) Add tones with the desire settings (easiest way to get something started for me is to import a tone from a song, then if I want to, make edits from there. You can also load a tone that you've saved in Rocksmith), and the desired name for the tone that you have in EoF.

2) When you add the Rocksmith XML files everything should be set up. If you didn't add the tones previously, the toolkit will add default tones with the appropriate tone name, which you'll then want to edit so that they're no longer default.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Developer

which version of the toolkit and wwise do you have?

A really old toolkit from April 19, 2014.   :lol:

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Adding tone changes in EoF isn't too hard. The real art is actually producing good tones. As you've done a lot of playthroughs, you probably know some tones that you like, which is always a good start.

For tone changes, here's what you need to do in EoF:

1) Whenever you want to place a tone change, press Ctrl+Shift+T, then enter the tone name (you can edit these later). The tone name is case sensitive, and the tone change is placed at whatever time the green bar is at.

2) Set a default tone, which is the tone that will be used at the start of the song. (I also usually place a tone change with the default tone at the start of the song). You can do this by going to Track -> Rocksmith -> Tone Change -> Names. You can also rename the tones here.

You can only use at most four tones on each track, so keep that in mind.

And here's what you need to do in the toolkit:

1) Add tones with the desire settings (easiest way to get something started for me is to import a tone from a song, then if I want to, make edits from there. You can also load a tone that you've saved in Rocksmith), and the desired name for the tone that you have in EoF.

2) When you add the Rocksmith XML files everything should be set up. If you didn't add the tones previously, the toolkit will add default tones with the appropriate tone name, which you'll then want to edit so that they're no longer default.

Thanks for the tip I'll try as soon as possible

@cozy1 My version of the toolkit is this

http://s16.postimg.org/i65shw08l/Cattura.png

• Developer

Now your toolkit version is current.  :plus1:

(Assuming you already have the toolkit, Wwise and EOF installed.)

Technically, you only need two files to create a CDLC song:

1.  XML arrangement file - create by you with EOF.

2.  Audio ogg or wav file - created by EOF from audio that you provide.

Load these two files into the toolkit Creator GUI and out pops your CDLC (after you press 'Generate' of course). 

Disclaimer:   CDLC produced by this method are for test or personal use only.   Don't even think about releasing one of these.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Now your toolkit version is current.  :plus1:

(Assuming you already have the toolkit, Wwise and EOF installed.)

Technically, you only need two files to create a CDLC song:

1.  XML arrangement file - create by you with EOF.

2.  Audio ogg or wav file - created by EOF from audio that you provide.

Load these two files into the toolkit Creator GUI and out pops your CDLC (after you press 'Generate' of course). 

Disclaimer:   CDLC produced by this method are for test or personal use only.   Don't even think about releasing one of these.

In that sense I can not release CDLC? That is, if in the future I start to learn how do I publish a CDLC as others do?

I if I learn well the first thing I will do and share with others my work

• Developer

In that sense I can not release CDLC? That is, if in the future I start to learn how do I publish a CDLC as others do?

Well then you have to do it the right way and not the quick way.   Short of doing what PC Plum suggested.  Watch this if you want to learn how to make quality CDLC that may become suitable for release. 

Learning = Watch, read, try doing, test, try doing again, test again, try doing again and again, test again and again  ...  don't give up.

• Like 4

Well then you have to do it the right way and not the quick way.   Short of doing what PC Plum suggested.  Watch this if you want to learn how to make quality CDLC that may become suitable for release. 

Learning = Watch, read, try doing, test, try doing again, test again, try doing again and again, test again and again  ...  don't give up.

Is what I'm doing man, he's following this tutorial http://customsforge.com/topic/1922-how-to-make-pc-cdlcs-for-rocksmith-2014-tutorial-wscreenshots-by-darjusz/ in the end I decided to try it anyway with a bit of will I'm trying to go all out, and I came to a good place, only that I did not understand how to make the point .9 when he says to create   Rocksmith phrase.

PS: as I said in the first not know English well so I have some difficulty understanding, for this reason, even just looking at the screenshots of the tutorial I'm better

• Developer

Did you watch the video?  I think it explains syncing real well.  Remember ... do it again (watch the video)

I don't understand what you mean by "how to make the point .9 when he says to create  Rocksmith phrase".  Maybe ask the author directly for help.

• Like 1

The sync is the most important part of any custom, you must learn how to do this.  Please do not say it is difficult, everyone that has ever tried to make a custom knows its fkn difficult.

Rule 1: all tabs are NOT PERFECT.  Some tabs are SHIT.

Rule 2: all tabs are NOT PERFECT.  Some tabs are good but need fixed.

Rule 3: all tabs are NOT PERFECT.  Some tabs are almost perfect, but still need fixed.

• Like 2

Did you watch the video?  I think it explains syncing real well.  Remember ... do it again (watch the video)

I don't understand what you mean by "how to make the point .9 when he says to create  Rocksmith phrase".  Maybe ask the author directly for help.

By following this tutorial http://customsforge.com/topic/1922-how-to-make-pc-cdlcs-for-rocksmith-2014-tutorial-wscreenshots-by-darjusz/?do=findComment&comment=8915 got to the point where exactly says "9. We need to create Rocksmith phrases and we do that by scrolling through the song and Right-clicking on the arrows above the waveform graph and select Beat -> Rocksmith -> Place RS Phrase:" 

I did not understand what I have to do exactly

The sync is the most important part of any custom, you must learn how to do this.  Please do not say it is difficult, everyone that has ever tried to make a custom knows its fkn difficult.

Rule 1: all tabs are NOT PERFECT.  Some tabs are SHIT.

Rule 2: all tabs are NOT PERFECT.  Some tabs are good but need fixed.

Rule 3: all tabs are NOT PERFECT.  Some tabs are almost perfect, but still need fixed.

You're right, maybe I should try harder

how do you know my name? and what do you mean?

Your toolkit error report shows that your PC name is Nicola , Your profile lists you as male , In the UK Nicola is a girl only name. It was a joke which has now backfired.

No Nicola is a male name, just in case "Nicole" is female :)
Quieter nothing happened, peace ;)