Splitter - Does anyone use one of these?

missis sumner

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/behringer-ab100-instrument-amp-selector-guitar-effects-pedal-r62rg

Specifically, with Rocksmith, and preferably with a bass signal?

I currently use a Y-cable to split my signal between my amp, and PC (well, Mac), but obviously I have no real control on the volume to the two, because Rocksmith likes full volume, and my amp (well, my neighbour) doesn't... ;)

You could always use a volume pedal before your amp to adjust it to a reasonnable level.

But I like the idea of getting rid of the Y-cable - it's only a short one and it gets in my way. :)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

It shouldn't be a problem. I use a cheap A/B Y splitter box which is quite the same, just without volume potis. And it works very well.

For your amp volume, why don't you just use your amp volume controls?

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

It shouldn't be a problem. I use a cheap A/B Y splitter box which is quite the same, just without volume potis. And it works very well.

For your amp volume, why don't you just use your amp volume controls?

With my bass at full volume, there's not a lot of fine tuning on the amp - it's either almost off or bloody loud!  I daren't turn the volume knob more than an eight of a turn. :(

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

then this Behringer pedal should be a perfect solution

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I was just about to post, "well, that was a waste of money", but thinking about it - I can still use it...

It's not working as I thought it would.  One input does not split into two volume controlled outputs at the same time, it splits into one OR the other output at a controlled (variable) volume.  Bugger.

Still, I can use it, but I won't be able to get rid of the splitter cable.

• 5 years later...
On 2/25/2016 at 8:19 AM, missis sumner said:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/behringer-ab100-instrument-amp-selector-guitar-effects-pedal-r62rg

Specifically, with Rocksmith, and preferably with a bass signal?

I currently use a Y-cable to split my signal between my amp, and PC (well, Mac), but obviously I have no real control on the volume to the two, because Rocksmith likes full volume, and my amp (well, my neighbour) doesn't... 😉

Yes I do

image.jpg