Need help with various things

TheVanillaMiner

Hello.

I am a beginner at making CDLC, so if these questions seem stupid, please don't be blatantly rude. 

I have a few questions about making some CDLC. I have made one, but it was simple. My current project, Three Hammers by DragonForce, is giving me various problems.

My first problem is the Tuning Editor in the Rocksmith CDLC Toolkit. I have no clue how to use it to make a custom tuning. The tuning im going for is a Dropped A tuning for 6 string guitar. If anyone can give a detailed explanation on how to use the tuning editor that would be greatly appreciated. 

Next, I want to know how to add leading silence. I have tried in the past, but when I add the leading silence in EOF, it works fine, but when I load up the CDLC in Rocksmith, there is no leading silence. 

In addition, I would like to know how to make songs with Dynamic Difficulty. If anyone knows how please tell me or something.

Lastly, I have a more difficult question. In Three Hammers, The bass guitar part's tuning shows up as this in my tabbing software which is TuxGuitar. This bass guitar is a 5 string, and the tuning shows up as this, from highest to lowest: G5, D3, A2, E2, A1

I know that tabbing software shows the tuning as an octave higher, but I still can't find a tuning name for it. If anyone knows this please tell me.

Thank you for your help and everything. 

• Administrator

For tuning, you only need to know how to count and the note names. From there you just have to count the difference from E standard (EADGBE) to where you wanna go. for Eb standard everything is 1 down so -1 everywhere, C std is 4 down so -4, drop D is -2 for the lowest string and 0 everywhere else, etc.

Your issue with leading silence might only be because you didn't use the correct wav file for creating the CDLC from what you say.

For dynamic difficulty, i suggest you use the DDC tab in the toolkit in the first place. It's easy and work well enough.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Ok, so what you are saying is that the tuner goes by how many half steps up or down the string is from standard, right? I just want to make sure. I checked drop d tuning on wikipedia and it is 1 full step down from standard, so i think its half steps down. So with the wav file thing, should I add the leading silence to the wav file itself and the tab? Because I think that may work too. 

• Administrator

Yeah tuning are designed by how far off they are from the E standard. Drop D is just 2 half step down on the low E and then the same for all the other strings which gives you a -2 0 0 0 0 0 in the tuning screen.

Eb std is one half step on all string which gives you -1 -1 -1 -1 -1 -1. etc.

When using the leading silence option in EOF, if you have checked the preference to save the wav file, then you should have nothing to do outside of EOF. But you can also add the silence directly into the sound file used by EOF with other software like audacity without any issue as long as you make sure the beat map in EOF lay down with the sound file you use.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Firekorn,

Your advice was very helpful to me and I thank you for that. I was using the file that I imported to eof to begin with for the actual .wem file as well, rather than the one eof made, and I think that is what is causing the issue with leading silence. As for the dropped tuning I haven't tried it out yet but I think it'll work. The only thing left is the bass tuning. I know the tuning for it, excluding the E string, would be E1, A1, D2, G4, but I haven't got a clue what A1 an octave lower would be. Would you happen to know what that would be?

• Administrator

It's the G4 that is the most weird of all : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_guitar_tuning

It's probably just a Estd tuning for the bass so 0s all the way.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography