Tuning Settings

Hey Guys,

Having few issues with tuning, I am not a guitarist so have no clue about tunings really. I have a song with the tuning: BEADGBE to my understanding this is B Standard?

How do I add this into the toolkit? When I open an arrangement and click the drop down, this tuning is not available. I see you can create or modify your own but I don't understand how to use this function to create the correct tuning.

Also is there an actual way to find out what the tuning of a song is in Guitar Pro 6? It's not always clear to me and could really do with some help on this part of CDLC as it is the most frustrating for me right now.

Thanks.

• Administrator

Well it's a 7 string B standard which is different from the 6 string B standard that is BEADF#B.

When you add the arrangement, you should have a tuning window popping up to ask you to enter the information about the tuning. The number should already be filled with the EOF information (that are coming from the GP file) so you should not need to modify those and only enter a name for the tuning.

GP6 can't guess tuning, he has some standard tuning included that you can look at but that's it.

Tuning for bass or guitar are constructed in the same way for the first strings with the 5 strings bass tuning being the equivalent of a 7 strings guitar.

Most of the time a simple search on google will give you good information on the tuning simply by searching the note name that compose the tuning unless you are searching for a really weird tuning (in which case it might be more likely that the tuning is wrong).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Well it's a 7 string B standard which is different from the 6 string B standard that is BEADF#B.

When you add the arrangement, you should have a tuning window popping up to ask you to enter the information about the tuning. The number should already be filled with the EOF information (that are coming from the GP file) so you should not need to modify those and only enter a name for the tuning.

GP6 can't guess tuning, he has some standard tuning included that you can look at but that's it.

Tuning for bass or guitar are constructed in the same way for the first strings with the 5 strings bass tuning being the equivalent of a 7 strings guitar.

Most of the time a simple search on google will give you good information on the tuning simply by searching the note name that compose the tuning unless you are searching for a really weird tuning (in which case it might be more likely that the tuning is wrong).

About 90% of the CDLC I have made just puts the tuning as E Standard in Song Creator without any process, this has caused issues where it should be in E Flat. I do not get any pop up asking for tuning.

What confuses me is the toolkit says E Standard on import but in GP6 the tuning section is BEADGBE and the same on the tab.

Could someone please help me figure out the tuning? Here is the song.

https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/raintime/tears_of_sorrow_guitar_pro.htm

Also Firekorn the streamer on Twitch? :)

Thanks.

• Administrator

You might wanna check the tunning in EOF (under the track=>guitar pro menu) first before anything.

The toolkit should only ask for tunning when it isn't already part of his database, Eb being in there you shouldn't have issue with that kind of tuning and if so you might wanna check with the toolkit dev directly as it's not a normal behaviour. 

If during import you decided to get rid of the lowest string, EOF should have put the tunning to E std (0 everywhere) but if you dropped the highest string then it should be a custom tuning (with -5 except on one string).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

You might wanna check the tunning in EOF (under the track=>guitar pro menu) first before anything.

The toolkit should only ask for tunning when it isn't already part of his database, Eb being in there you shouldn't have issue with that kind of tuning and if so you might wanna check with the toolkit dev directly as it's not a normal behaviour. 

If during import you decided to get rid of the lowest string, EOF should have put the tunning to E std (0 everywhere) but if you dropped the highest string then it should be a custom tuning (with -5 except on one string).

I managed to fix it, deleted the song creator toolkit and downloaded fresh copy and now when I import the arrangement it detects the tuning.

Thanks for your help. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy